What's new

Where to buy Pakistani dress for men and women in Europe?

Designs are better in Pak. Just buy them when you get there. I mean realistically the gift factor will wear off in a few minutes and your relatives will be like what is this shit?

I usually just buy the guys cologne and women perfume. Easy Easy.

@Ocean
thanks a lot for your views, that's what I want to find out, whether there is enough demand, and are our ladies prepared for a change, you are spot on for the taste and choices of ladies here vs ladies in Pakistan,

secondly, if I come up with decent and sort of unknown brand like a brand which might have a presence in one or two cities in Pak, and just to begin with, I start with this brand, so would it be a good idea to start with it. Maybe build on it later on and start adding high end brands later.

Thirdly, due to mostly cold weather in UK, do you think its a year round sustainable business which can cover its expenses and not depends on the owner to sit 24/7.
Sorry bro i didnt reply earlier, may be that was cause i dont have a lot of knowledge about it from business point of view. But iwill add whatever little ideas i can think up.

- one of the major issues in brit Pakistani traditional clothing vendors is that they offer extremely blingy clothes with average fabric quality and quite hi prices.

- Clothes sold in uk mostly lack the polished feel and look of designer clothing.

- Pakistanis no matter what part of world they move to offer worst customer service which also hinders business growth.

As of your business idea, now i dont know which aspect of clothing business you want to work in, that is , you want to sell lose ,unstitched fabric or fully done outfits or both.

For lose clothes: try experimenting with non bling bling stuff. I am not saying place super plain clothes but get include a wide range from heavily busy to mildly busy to simple dresses of good motifs and prints. Please make sure that they have some classy feel which you wont find in clothes already sold in uk traditional wear shops. You can buy from wholesale Shah aalmi market in lahore or go to sadar rawalpindi.

For stitched outfits: thats one major area where u can up your game, but for that to happen you have to get help of someone who can design clothes. A tailors job is just to stitch clothes well but how to stitch and what unique way to sticg is where your designer comes into play. Now this designer could be your own mind, could he your mother, or any other male or female relative in family who has interest in this area. I am not telling you to go replicas way (cause replica clothing is a huge online business where ppl are minting big bucks) as i am a believer of originality and innovation, but do check out designs of famous designers like hsy, depeka parwani, maria b etc etc and see what makes their clothes stand apart from the crowd. You dont have to go too far , just be little creative with fabrics, motifs designs , type of fabrics you choose.

Most of these labels sell 30-40 times original price due to their labels name.

For me one important rule in establising business is ncontrolling greed with regards to price. All these super expensive clothes could always be sold at a much cheaper price( obviously after your costs cover all raw material, production , marketing , shop rent expenses)

So you have (i) quality and (ii) price as two major areas u can use to ur advantage (iii) Good customer service and asking for their feedback.

As of your question about aleady established brand name. Then in all honesty it could be a tricky thing. In marketing there is a thing called customer perception. So like for instance a person has a mediocre level brand in another country and he opens another franchise under same brand name in another country then he could have the risk of customers developing a negative perception of his brand assuming that his business is not that big in the country like pakistan ,where clothing market is quite big , then may be his brand is not really that good and they may not show interest in ur products.

on the other hand for some customers a new franchise setting up under already existing brand name could be a positive signal meaning the brand owner has experience in the field.

But i think ur brand isnt very well known in pakistan so unless u share with your customers in uk they wont know about it so they wont form a negative view of ur already in use brand name. My suggestion would be to start your business under a new brand name but that brand name will be a sub brand or child brand of your already established brand name. Like you arent disassociating your new brand from your original one in pakistan.

Like for instance your established brand name is Poshaak then you can start a child brand in uk called " Makhmal" with a subline of shawls and embroidered dupattas called "Orhni"

Lastly, as of weather well i think for that u need to ask around people but i think traditional clothes are always in demand around the year its just that you should sell lawns and cottons in summer, and wintery fabrics in winters with same traditional work on them. In uk mostly formal wear clothes for wedding events , or other family events are in demand. You can cater to customers in this line of clothing and i think wedding seasons goes through out the year in uk.

I have just shared whatever thots vame to my mind , so please see according to ur needs and ease, i dont want ur business to suffer in any way due to anything lolzzz i wrote. I am not one of the brightest ones around.

Back
Top Bottom