What's new

where is?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also the LCH project seems to be going quicker.

according to you how many years it should take to develop a attack chopper like LCH?

No, I think the LCH is one project which is keeping pace but you can't deny that MoD is extremely slow in making decisions.

where is:
Most of the weapon systems you mentioned have started recently.

1.LCA tejas?
2012 or 2013.

Just started. First flight by 2015 may be.

3.Hal Lch?
One of the fastest project. IOC this year.

4.Tank Ex?
technology demonstrator.

5.F-Insas?
Next year.

6.Mahendra AXE?
Ask Mahindra.

7.Arihant?
Sea trial. Induction next year.

8.INS Vikramaditya?
next year.

this year will be selected. first aircraft with in 18 months.

10.HELINA?
First test in previous year.

11.Nirbhay?
First test next year.

12.BrahMos ALCM?
First test next year.

13.Agni 5?
First test later this year.

14.Hal HJT 36 sittara?
IOC this year.

15.F-MBT?
lol After 2018.

16.Nal Saras?
Flight test.

My question is,why these stuffs are still 'under developmemt'?
Do you think India has some kind of magic stick? FGFA? FMBT? Brahmos ALCM? LCH? :lol:

Most advanced projects take time, thats fully understandable (if india wants to advance FAST please bring in the private sector, look at tata as an example). The only gripe i really have is the MMRCA, god all mighty how long does it take to select a system? They need to boot out the politician from the selection process and bring in project managers from TCS/Wipro/Infosys, (just kidding, but you get the point).

Most advanced projects take time, thats fully understandable (if india wants to advance FAST please bring in the private sector, look at tata as an example). The only gripe i really have is the MMRCA, god all mighty how long does it take to select a system? They need to boot out the politician from the selection process and bring in project managers from TCS/Wipro/Infosys, (just kidding, but you get the point).

That's what everyone's been saying but the government loves DRDO and HAL for some reason.

No offence, DRDO / HAL (job for life brigade) have no incentive to perform. I am no expert in Indian employment laws, but I would bet there hasn’t been many performance related dismissals. I keep referring to tata, because I respect the way the management turned a moribund giant conglomerate, into a dynamic super brand, TELCO, TCS, Tata steel etc. It’s not that Indian techies or managers (or other sub-continental) can’t perform to world standard, it’s your politicians and technocrats that S***w you.

Simple solution; give the guys at DRDO short or performance related contracts. If they fail to fulfil in stipulated time and on budget they lose pay and risk their jobs (incentivise them).

INS_Arihant_SSBN.jpg

What's that? I think thats a Mexican sub..

ARIHANT-718188.JPG

Arihantgoingonpatrol.png

5.F-Insas?
Next year.

F-INSAS program is couple of phases, first phase is to deliver an indigenous rifle that will replace Insas.

my question is why are you guys so slow in inducting these stuffs?

Many of these are India first attempts at making a nuclear ballistic missile sub, attack helicopter, helicopter based A2S missile, etc, etc, etc, etc it will take some time. I think LCH program was faster because of the experience gained from Dhruv(which took some time)..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom