What's new

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed

So reality pics hit you deep

How its good if 10 people have 50bn and rest are working for 3000 taka per month to survive ?

Blabber away mate. Internet is filled with people saying your country is in the verge of bankruptcy. I hope if you increase the tempo of blabbering it helps improve your economy. Bye.

Living condition of Bangladesh is way better than Pakistan
Wtf you on about 🤡?

Pakistan has better infrastructure, better higher education, less wealth inequality. Any one who has visited Pakistan and Bangladesh both will realize the difference. Islamabad and Lahore are many times better then Dhaka which looks like a shithole tbh.

The only time I saw so many Bangladeshis was when I went to Saudi Arabia. There Bangladeshis there are taxis drivers, street cleaners, hotel workers, market stall traders, chefs, hotel cleaners.
Bangladeshis are everywhere.

This is funny that some Pakistani are trying to make fun if any Bangladeshi works in Middle East as cleaner or garbage collector. The reality is every job is respectable if you do it honestly and Bangladesh has followed this trend specially the poor of the country that’s why Bangladesh has moved ahead than Pakistan where first of all majority of the woman are kept at home just to be treated as child producing machine and others like @Imran Khan who thought they are some sort of nawab when their country has no money to import necessary goods or to pay for medicine.

Many Pakistani student studies in Bangladesh as well! So what’s the big deal here?

Regarding the Bengalis who told you they are Indian? Majority were from former east Pakistan and some migrated up to 1978 until which Pakistani citizenship were allowed to people from outside. Later some might have migrated who were mostly the relative or connected to these people who were there in Pakistan.

There is no direct link between Bangladesh and Pakistan that any one will go there illegally. Thinking someone went to Pakistan through India is absurd considering the risk involved and money required to travel such a distance specially to people who are extreme poor as you are claiming.
I had both good and bad experience with Bangladeshis in Saudi Arabia. Some were very aggressive and rude while others were polite well mannered.
The ones that were rude was an experience as I'd never been told to get lost by a market stall trader.

Last edited:
Blabber away mate. Internet is filled with people saying your country is in the verge of bankruptcy. I hope if you increase the tempo of blabbering it helps improve your economy. Bye.
Even my country is verge of default . You brainless may dont know countries can not be bankrupt .it may not make BD any better place whom sale women to earn bread and butter for 200$

Bangladeshis in real life like his Indian buddy has a stick up the ***. When I was in Qatar during the World Cup, I met multiple Bengalis Uber drivers. They were very standoffish in the beginning but generally opened up as I have a habit of befriending taxi and Uber drivers because they are working to support their families regardless of religion or nationality.
One I met told me he didn’t speak or understand Urdu. I asked he spoke or understood Hindi? He said yes of course, so I started to speak in Urdu, and then he became more opened.
I didn’t have this problem with Sikhs drivers (in the US), and Pakistani ones nor Muslim ones. This Bengali driver told how he won the lottery to come to Qatar to work as a driver (which was one of the more lucrative jobs there was).
He even became more helpful when the topic shifted to Imran Khan. These Kufars in GHQ know this or dont, but IK is immensely popular across the Islamic world. Anyhow, yeah I don’t understand this awkwardness with them. The religious Bengalis are very cordial and we’re like a family, but the secular ones are a different story.

Sikhs were very friendly. I don’t want the hyper nationalist Indian members to think I’m being
dishonest, but Sikhs are probably more anti India than Pakistanis are (excluding me and some others on this forum). I’ve met 10 ones, and none one had anything good to say about the current GOI.

Just my experiences

Bangladeshis in real life like his Indian buddy has a stick up the ***. When I was in Qatar during the World Cup, I met multiple Bengalis Uber drivers. They were very standoffish in the beginning but generally opened up as I have a habit of befriending taxi and Uber drivers because they are working to support their families regardless of religion or nationality.
One I met told me he didn’t speak or understand Urdu. I asked he spoke or understood Hindi? He said yes of course, so I started to speak in Urdu, and then he became more opened.
I didn’t have this problem with Sikhs drivers (in the US), and Pakistani ones nor Muslim ones. This Bengali driver told how he won the lottery to come to Qatar to work as a driver (which was one of the more lucrative jobs there was).
He even became more helpful when the topic shifted to Imran Khan. These Kufars in GHQ know this or dont, but IK is immensely popular across the Islamic world. Anyhow, yeah I don’t understand this awkwardness with them. The religious Bengalis are very cordial and we’re like a family, but the secular ones are a different story.

Sikhs were very friendly. I don’t want the hyper nationalist Indian members to think I’m being
dishonest, but Sikhs are probably more anti India than Pakistanis are (excluding me and some others on this forum). I’ve met 10 ones, and none one had anything good to say about the current GOI.

Just my experiences
Afghan Sikhs are some of the best I've met. That's just my personal oppinion based on my Interaction with them.

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed​

Women's empowerment has been a decisive factor in ensuring Bangladesh leapfrogged Pakistan as an economy

Kalshi Flyover

Kalshi Flyover Mahmud Hossain Opu/Dhaka Tribune
Prithwi Raj Chaturvedi
Published: March 21, 2023 3:47 AM | Last Updated: March 21, 2023 4:03 AM

Bangladesh has accomplished what Pakistan was unable to -- a sensible population policy that succeeded in lowering the birth rate.

Pakistan, however, utterly failed in this endeavour. Miftah Ismail, a former Pakistani finance minister, made these remarks while speaking at an event in Karachi.

He cited Pakistan's lack of population planning as one of the causes of the nation's present socio-economic difficulties, adding that “one option to get out of the current maelstrom” was to pay attention to population planning. Miftah Ismail used Bangladesh as a case study of progress and listed four key areas for this: Population control, putting women in the workforce, an export-centric economy, and the establishment of special economic zones.

Miftah Ismail mentioned Bangladesh, Tunisia, and Egypt, saying that these nations too have Muslim societies, much like Pakistan. But all of them engaged in population planning except Pakistan. The former finance minister added that the country's gross domestic product per capita would have been more than 15% if they had matched the fertility rate to Bangladesh's over the previous 10 years. The Pakistani lawmaker said that Bangladesh as well as other South Asian countries like Sri Lanka have progressed significantly due to “accurate planning” whereas Pakistan has been plagued with problems in the last 75 years because of “wrong policies.”

Bangladesh was one of the world's poorest nations in December 1971, the month it gained independence from Pakistan. Its economy and infrastructure had been completely decimated by the catastrophic conflict. The changes Bangladesh has undergone a little over 50 years later are impressive. Since 2000, it has remained among the fastest-growing economies, and in 2015, it crossed the threshold to become a lower-middle-income country. GNI per capita rose to over $2,500 in 2021, a 20-fold leap from its 1971 levels.

Pakistan currently has an average per capita income of US$1,430, while Bangladesh has an average income of US$2,720. The average life expectancy in Pakistan has not increased as much as was anticipated. Whereas Pakistan has an average life expectancy of 67 years, Bangladesh has an average life expectancy of 73 years.

Bangladesh has achieved impressive strides in a variety of areas, but three strategic development decisions it has made over the years -- investing in people, empowering women, and preparing for disasters and adapting to climate change -- have paid off greatly.

The ex-minister from Pakistan who claimed that Bangladesh's quick economic development was made possible by its female workforce emphasized the significance of female engagement.

Women's empowerment was a key component of Bangladesh's plan to fight poverty. The country had one of the lowest rates of female educational attainment in 1991. Bangladesh was one of the first developing nations to achieve gender parity in secondary school enrollment because of a groundbreaking initiative that provided school stipends for underprivileged rural girls, which was later adopted in Mexico, Cambodia, and other nations.

Females currently make up more than half of students enrolled in lower secondary schools, compared to just 17% in 1970. Many thousands of rural women now have jobs thanks to the country's thriving RMG industry. The percentage of women who are in the labour force has climbed from 21% in 1990 to 35% in 2021.

Child marriage has also declined in Bangladesh; there were 28% female students in Bangladesh's educational institutions in 1971, and the percentage jumped to 51% in 2019. After Pakistan's reign, women have made significant progress, thanks in large part to Bangladesh's extensive efforts to remove obstacles to women's education. Because of this, Pakistanis are now clamouring for Bangladesh instead of Sweden, Singapore, or New York.

Bangladesh's achievement in developing itself has allowed it to assist other countries and the world community as a whole such as its great generosity in sheltering more than 1.1 million Rohingya who escaped atrocities in Myanmar. It is astonishing to see how this nation has developed from the destruction of war and natural calamities at the outset of independence to become a middle-income country today and is striving for even greater prosperity for all of its citizens.

Prithwi Raj Chaturvedi is a Researcher and Political analyst based in New Delhi,India

1679498638305.png

So fascist Hindu claims that BD is better than Pakistan?

What a joke.

While Pakistan was nostalgic about the good ol'days, Bangladesh forged ahead to replace Pakistan as the second largest South Asian economy.

Pakistanis need to stop dreaming about the past and wake up to reality. At this rate Somalia and Afghanistan will shoot ahead of Pakistan

ohhh bhai empower the women for 2$ per day job is achievement ?
sending hundreds of females alone to gulf countries is achievement ?

i will say let our women sit in home and enjoy tv rather then this empower .

these articles saying BS EMPOWER . go to gulf and see how these poor women living . watch some doucmentories how they treat garment workers .
I really don't understand this line of thinking. You think its good if women sit home all day? That just ends up making them dumb, lazy and ignorant of the world. And then their children take after them as they see their mother live a life without any real struggle. We already see the youth become dumb when they spend all day on their phone looking at social media. Doesn't matter if boy or girl.

Its so weird how you keep bringing up the poor women of Bangladesh going to other countries. I really don't care that much. They are free to pursue whatever employment they can. I respect anyone who tries to make an honest living in this evil world for the sake of their family.

You probably don't even care that much about the woman in your country. Only when its convenient to use their condition in an internet argument. lol.

At this rate Somalia and Afghanistan will shoot ahead of Pakistan
That is an exaggeration. What seems possible though is Myanmar and Nepal may 'pull ahead' of Pakistan in per capita GDP (PPP) in 2024, if the current trends are extrapolated. It is not much because they will become much better but because Pakistan will regress, and the faster population growth may pull down per capita GDP.

That is an exaggeration. What seems possible though is Myanmar and Nepal may 'pull ahead' of Pakistan in per capita GDP (PPP) in 2024, if the current trends are extrapolated. It is not much because they will become much better but because Pakistan will regress, and the faster population growth may pull down per capita GDP.
I admit that is an exaggeration, but things are not looking good for Pakistan. Decades of corruption, incompetence, and the removal of the most competent and popular Pakistani politician that Pakistan has seen for a very long time is finally coming back to bite Pakistan in the ***.

There is no recovering from this, only stopping the bleeding. I no longer expect Pakistan to ever become a developed nation, not unless something fundamentally changes with the very foundation of Pakistan itself.

While Pakistan was nostalgic about the good ol'days, Bangladesh forged ahead to replace Pakistan as the second largest South Asian economy.

Pakistanis need to stop dreaming about the past and wake up to reality. At this rate Somalia and Afghanistan will shoot ahead of Pakistan

Unfortunately yes. In all seriousness, Pakistan is on track to become the world's most poorest and underdeveloped nation.

Unfortunately yes. In all seriousness, Pakistan is on track to become the world's most poorest and underdeveloped nation.
With the warmest of regards from Ex COAS Gen Bajwa.

Afghan Hindus too. I went to school with many of them during the 1990s in NYC
I went school with Hindus. Never had any problem with them. I and other Pakistanis faced hostility from indian muslims.

I admit that is an exaggeration, but things are not looking good for Pakistan. Decades of corruption, incompetence, and the removal of the most competent and popular Pakistani politician that Pakistan has seen for a very long time is finally coming back to bite Pakistan in the ***.

There is no recovering from this, only stopping the bleeding. I no longer expect Pakistan to ever become a developed nation, not unless something fundamentally changes with the very foundation of Pakistan itself.
'Ever' is a very long time. PRC looked totally hopeless till 1990. During the 'Great Leap Forward' of 1958-62, millions of Chinese died due to famine. If they could develop from that to what they are today, nobody is condemned forever.

Back
Top Bottom