What's new

Where Bangladesh succeeded and Pakistan failed

WTF are you talking about ?
which road was made with borrowed money ? islmabad ? are you ok paksitan started counstruction this city in 1960s and 1970s so on till today . how its barrowd money dont you guys have some other lame excuse ? motorways ? paksitan made them in 90s . only ifra projects of CPEC are china loans . started in early 2010s . and yes its empty we are not bangladesh where people live on each other . its peoples make cities its public's money . its my money .

this is how its look like first day
ayubBriefing.jpg

g181.jpg

then work started

20afa459e02159833794777344dff63f.jpg

47308dda2ee0af0cf504b89a5ecb9b4f.jpg

3-Construction-of-Parliment.jpg

View attachment 922053

this is how its looks today
a4f4a4bbd8007183bcb8ddb4a80e77cc.jpg

71228100.jpg

View attachment 922054

Jinnah+Avenue+-+Islamabad.jpg

3-Jinnah-Avenue-Islamabad.jpg

why-Islamabad-is-so-beautiful.jpg

EU-lVUnWAAA7OFx.jpg

main-qimg-d0de34b5432abf443b381fef457418b8-lq

View attachment 922055

giga-mall.jpg
Nobody is begrudging a beautiful new city, the question many seem to be asking is: is this the best use of money for a developing nation? For example, while these pictures are truly beautiful, there doesn't seem to be investments in steel plants, power plants (with local funds without getting into debt trap), electric grid, railway systems etc., Most importantly, in my opinion, the true investment is in skills and education of human beings that allows them to continue to create wealth after the material structures decay and degrade. In that sense, it is obvious Pakistan does not have skilled and educated workforce that can create wealth to allow it to grow and also import necessities by creating exportable goods and service.

how its unnecessary for you sir how you know its unnecessary ? these are need of people . what is the benefit of money if human cant use them ? money is nothing but numbers only in banks . money is for humans . these are not ghost towns you talking about its how we live . motorway was unnecessary ? almost every pakistani use them . how people reach cities to cities without roads ?
they look empty to you guys because population density of both of us . i have never seen any unnecessary road in islamabad yet there is public accounts commette in this damn country which head by opposition leader if you don't know . they will not approve projects if they are useless . having a new islamabad airport is waste of money ? should we keep using same airport as dhaka do ?

you are from one of the top 10 countries with population density country

bd is #10 while pakistan in #57 in population density index .

View attachment 922056
Bro, please look at the photos of the roads and motorways you have posted and see how empty they are. Instead of spending on these, the money could have gone towards primary schools, technical training, rural development, paying off loans, etc.. Investing in these things can improve your social and economic indicators very quickly and raise standard of living for commoners (not elites).

Bro, please look at the photos of the roads and motorways you have posted and see how empty they are. Instead of spending on these, the money could have gone towards primary schools, technical training, rural development, paying off loans, etc..
there is always room for more schools or anything but calling roads empty then please inform us how trade will work ? how there will be mobility ? how people live ? these are not empty these are normal roads . about debt what if they pay debt what next make more infra and roads right ? :D

this is how normally our motorways look like pakistna is not china or india please try to understand

800px-Motorway_Police_Pakistan.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

800px-M2-Motorway.jpg

image-21.jpg

FAS9j2iX0AQFZO6.jpg:large

nha-plans-to-extend-lahore-sialkot-motorway-to-kharian-1572332483-2137.jpg

MotowayM5.jpg

Nobody is begrudging a beautiful new city, the question many seem to be asking is: is this the best use of money for a developing nation? For example, while these pictures are truly beautiful, there doesn't seem to be investments in steel plants, power plants (with local funds without getting into debt trap), electric grid, railway systems etc., Most importantly, in my opinion, the true investment is in skills and education of human beings that allows them to continue to create wealth after the material structures decay and degrade. In that sense, it is obvious Pakistan does not have skilled and educated workforce that can create wealth to allow it to grow and also import necessities by creating exportable goods and service.
there is something called mode of nation if you know sir . pakistanis have a way of life . specially those whom own cars homes and everything in life middle class like me .they have own set of choices .for example margalla avinue project earned me 3 crore PKR in my property gain . a single 17km road . why not i like it ? same can be said people happy to see when they connected to roads . i hate to travel from that shitty airport . since they opened new islamabad airport i feel more comfortable and feel better and you see more airline like virgin and british airways also started from there .

same when i travel or most of Pakistanis travel they like smooth roads without hurdle and hip hop. its choice . a country have own idea of development . i am waiting this 27 floors mall to completed on my street so i can go buy everything by walk

FSuP2vsWUAMpTsa

329269121_593326125486164_90504695271782935_n.jpg

329137045_582936420365351_8390022794192395274_n.jpg

J7-Emporium_Gallery.jpg

there is always room for more schools or anything but calling roads empty then please inform us how trade will work ? how there will be mobility ? how people live ? these are not empty these are normal roads . about debt what if they pay debt what next make more infra and roads right ? :D

this is how normally our motorways look like pakistna is not china or india please try to understand

800px-Motorway_Police_Pakistan.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

800px-M2-Motorway.jpg

image-21.jpg

FAS9j2iX0AQFZO6.jpg:large

nha-plans-to-extend-lahore-sialkot-motorway-to-kharian-1572332483-2137.jpg

MotowayM5.jpg
You can reduce the number of lanes to save money.

For comparision, see how busy Bangladeshi roads are:

there is something called mode of nation if you know sir . pakistanis have a way of life . specially those whom own cars homes and everything in life middle class like me .they have own set of choices .for example margalla avinue project earned me 3 crore PKR in my property gain . a single 17km road . why not i like it ? same can be said people happy to see when they connected to roads . i hate to travel from that shitty airport . since they opened new islamabad airport i feel more comfortable and feel better and you see more airline like virgin and british airways also started from there .

same when i travel or most of Pakistanis travel they like smooth roads without hurdle and hip hop. its choice . a country have own idea of development . i am waiting this 27 floors mall to completed on my street so i can go buy everything by walk
You are describing the lifestyle of less than 1% of Pakistanis. This is the thing: Pakistani spending prioritises keeping the elites happy and largely ignores the poor.

Last edited:

We have 10 Unis in QS Asia Rankings. How many does BD have? 0 or 1? Look at multiple indexes like scientific journals , innovation index or the number of startups that PK has which is double than BD right now.

But I agree we need to do more.

We have 10 Unis in QS Asia Rankings. How many does BD have? 0 or 1? Look at multiple indexes like scientific journals , innovation index or the number of startups that PK has which is double than BD right now.

But I agree we need to do more.
Pakistani universities are way superior to Bangladeshi ones since Pakistani ones are managed better.

Vast majority of Pakistanis do not go to universities so this is irrelevant to the wider economic discussion.

You can reduce the number of lanes to save money.

For comparision, see how busy Bangladeshi roads are:

i think they planned for future too . roads did not make everyday . is cost effctive to make it once

i have meet engineers when they making this bridge on the way to my home . its too bigger for train . they told me in future they can lay 2 more rail lines . otherwise we have new project and new hurdle

maxresdefault.jpg

here islamabd expressway is getting extension becuase evening time rush hours

Islamabad-Expressway.png

Capital-Development-Authority-Increases-Plot-Possession-Charges-7.png

before expension

MFxrMLVTBqzoZGn-800x450-noPad.jpg

after expansion

motrocycle_lane2.jpg

Skills and education are broad-based concepts and not just in higher education. For example, Pakistan incurred huge monetary loss by asking a foreign company to do some mining. One would think, get some earth moving equipment and start digging to get the ore (of course, I am terribly simplifying). But somehow Pakistan gets tangled into international disputes and wastes money and also loses out on development. The electric grid is failing frequently and somehow there is no ability to fix the problems. The power plants were set up with huge, borrowed money and skills leading to unsustainable debt crisis and high electric rate. Also, the petroleum fuel has to be imported with dollars. Whereas, just digging up local coal and building coal-based power plants would have created local wealth instead of being in hock to China for next few generations. Same story with railways. Now the country can't even run airline well enough to allow foreigners to permit rights. recently there was news that truck manufacturing has stopped due to lack of imports. You would think a 75-year-old nation should figure out how to build trucks without importing all the parts and using a screwdriver to assemble them. That is the meaning of human development as applied to creation of wealth.

Over the years there have been many instances where Bangladeshi posters demanded a Bangladeshi moderator. During the last elections when Bangladeshi regime was silencing its opponents, the forum aspired to give them a voice. Ironically however, the website is banned in Bangladesh.

The subsection should be merged with Indian subsection and renamed Indo-Bengal forum.

Wow. Such insecure people. Banning an entire website they're people flock to because they don't like reading truths.

I think we need more mods and admins to watch these subforums for such kind of troll topics. My two cents.

Last edited:
Again you didnot read my message. I never claimed our economy was doing good right now because of the clash between Military and IK. A year ago it was at 6%

Your posters act like petulent children for no reason. I am simply posting visual facts which you cant fudge on a data sheet. You cant look like congo and claim our per capita is similar to vietnam.

As for corruption , arent you guys ranked below us in corruption index? The current government came with 95-98% votes. Show me where that happens? Apart from maybe North Korea.

It's going to be the same circular debate. Bangladeshis post nonsense and ignore refutations by Pakistanis. They post the same nonsense as if they never read the refutations. Which is why I am urging for a better moderation on these forums and not feed these trolls. Rather shut these non-military threads and restrict posters who engage in fallacious arguing after being refuted time and again.

Ironically however, the website is banned in Bangladesh.
Is this still banned in Bangladesh? Wow, some countries can be incredibly sensitive to some random people having random conversations.

Wow. Such insecure people. Banning an entire website they're people flock to because they don't like reading truths.

I think we need more mods and admins to watch these subforums for such kind of troll topics. My two cents.
Lot of unruly behaviour goes unnoticed in this subsection. There seems to be some guilty conscience that governs some section of Pakistanis in general when it comes to East Pakistan.
Is this still banned in Bangladesh? Wow, some countries can be incredibly sensitive to some random people having random conversations.
It's an authoritative regime there what do you expect.

Lot of unruly behaviour goes unnoticed in this subsection. There seems to be some guilty conscience that governs some section of Pakistanis in general when it comes to East Pakistan.

A lot of which is fueled by both Pan-Islamism and upper class Muhajir/Sindhi neo-liberalism. You'll find these segments everywhere in Pakistanis, including abroad, the media and at home.

@waz @SQ8

Please close lock this thread. Although I would recommend leaving it un-deleted for people to read and understand the mindset.

Please send more mods to keep an eye on this section for these repeating non-military troll threads which keep coming up in this section.

Just have a look at this thread alone to understand what I am talking about. Also keep an eye on the trolls that keep starting them.

A lot of which is fueled by both Pan-Islamism and upper class Muhajir/Sindhi neo-liberalism. You'll find these segments everywhere in Pakistanis, including abroad, the media and at home.

@waz @SQ8

Please close lock this thread. Although I would recommend leaving it un-deleted for people to read and understand the mindset.

Please send more mods to keep an eye on this section for these repeating non-military troll threads which keep coming up in this section.

Just have a look at this thread alone to understand what I am talking about. Also keep an eye on the trolls that keep starting them.

Claims on the eastern wing are not driven by expansionist interest but stem from political history of Pakistan.

However comparison mostly motivated along monetary points will always be a Bangladeshi issue as they have no other reason to exist as a country.

Back
Top Bottom