What's new

where are China's 18 armies stationed?

How long would it take to move an army group from the Vietnamese to Indian border? 2 weeks or more?
India could take half of China before you were able to move the troops to there.
Heh, by the time they climb over the Himalayas, we would have moved half the PLA there. Here is a fact for you. In the 1990's when we didn't have railway or major airport in Tibet, we were able to deploy 20,000 troops plus support within a week there during exercise. Now that we have network of highway, railroad and airfields, guess how many we can move? By the way, we have several border defence regiment plus airforce units stationed permanently in Tibet. The group armies only makes up about half of our fighting force. Let's not forget who won in 1962.

I understand you Viets are incredibly ignorant, but nobody has to know if you don't open your mouth.

How long would it take to move an army group from the Vietnamese to Indian border? 2 weeks or more?
India could take half of China before you were able to move the troops to there.

It seems you lack knowledge in military tactics in highl platue regions like tibet. For any army to capture grouns you must have air dominance over an nation states airspace or combat area. The Indian army like the PLA would struggle getting troops across the montain regions and consuledate their gains. Look at the Kargil war or the 1962 conflict.

HaHaHa The indians can't even take half Kashmir in two weeks. We will protect you from any indian invasion if they come through the west China direction.

India has paratroopers in the Tibet region and used airbone troops in many conflicts. This something the PLA lacks and China needs military organizations like the 101st Airborne division and US Army rangers + 10th SOAR. Hopefully things will change with the introduction of YJ-20

you know India is already paranoid about so call "China containment of India" if we bring more troop there will even create more suspicious, I guess China just want to cool down the heat...but for India to create mountain division around China border is well justified but we're not allowed.

I agree with you that it's bit risk calculated, India army should not be underestimated, by the time we get there, Lhasa and other cities in Tibet might already be smoky...but hell I can't speak on behalf of those generals in charge of the security, they might have other ideas.

troops of one army group is from 35000 to 86000, the 38th army group has 86000 troops

There are several divisions in Xinjiang and couple of brigates in Tibet. They are not shown in the map simply because they do not belong to any of the 18 GAs.

Why are all 18 Chinese Armies stationed so deep in inside China?

Shouldn't be they deployed near borders of India, Vietnam, and Russia?

I think the map may be outdated.

China has troops stationed in Xinjiang and Tibet not apart of the 18, not to mention Permanent airbases in Tibet and mentioned before the Himalayan mountainous border and the Tibetan Plateau also plays a factor and gives China an advantage. Additional troops also can be moved in a short time frame then before. The map is old.

I think the map may be outdated.

Yup, old map.

there are moutains and mountains near india border. too expensive to station huge army there.

The maps only showed the headquarters of the 18 GAs of the mobile forces of the PLA. Not all the forces of the GA are located at its headquarter.

Of course there are troops near the border to India. It is just not that important to show in the maps.

There are lots of armies that be called Frontier force include lots of Border regiment,Border Camp.

there were not Main force join in Sino-Indian War ,all are Frontier force .:azn:

There are indian whole XXXIII Corps deployed to face 6th border regiment :china:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom