What's new

When will China become a global superpower?

Close.. your eyes.. and think of "Most powerful nations"

China, Russia, USA come to mind.. so they already are a super power :)

No buddy, we are still a long way away from becoming a superpower. :cheers:

Maybe if we continue to grow at this speed for 10-20 more years, then it might be something to talk about.

Even if our economy becomes larger than that of America, that still won't make us a superpower like the current USA or the former USSR.

Even if our economy becomes larger than that of America, that still won't make us a superpower like the current USA or the former USSR.
The most sensible thing you said to date.

Being a superpower is about the ability to persuade a block of countries to side with you on international politics and security issues. China doesn't have this ability because China has no friend but Pakistan and Iran.

No buddy, we are still a long way away from becoming a superpower. :cheers:

Maybe if we continue to grow at this speed for 10-20 more years, then it might be something to talk about.

Well.. the U.S. doesn't have much to fear.. currently.. but Russia and China.. are biggest threat to americans. Also i'd like to share a video with you let me find it.. and ill post it.. After.. america "accidently" hit and killed 24 pakistani troops.. China moved.. many troops toward Pak's border.. and China said.. they will defend Iran even if WW3 begins.

Being a superpower is about the ability to persuade a block of countries to side with you on international politics and security issues. China doesn't have this ability because China has no friend but Pakistan and Iran.

International strength is a function of = Economic, Diplomatic and Military power.

We are doing alright in terms of Economy, but in terms of Diplomatic/Military power we are still behind even Russia.

I don't see that as a problem, being a superpower was never a Chinese goal in the first place. The status quo is actually the optimal solution, with the USA acting as the "world policeman", and spending all their hard-earned money on trying to maintain global/regional stability, fighting wars and in keeping global sea lanes open.

We don't need to spend any money on that, but we are the ones gaining the most from this status quo.

Peace!!
dear fellow Indians, respect China's progress.. infact whole west is respecting in a form of fear...
atleast china has less corruption than India..

China is developing fast and i salute that.. but the matter is that china have cold relation with many countries or i can say that with whole world ( all know the reason ). Regarding to the economy, China's major economy depends on export.. ( to west )..
So if west really want to crush its economy, then they don't even have to WAR with China (my views).
So referring to become a superpower ( which China will become ) but its very hard to maintain that position because of its geographical conditions ( read geography for that or live in China )..

GOOD LUCK!! Be a superpower but don't disturb others. No country is inferior to any in WAR ( US know after attacking Iraq and Afghanistan ), especially India ( which is far more advance than Iraq and Afghanistan ). Instead of providing bullshit on others go study something that will help your country to develop and make, the people who make videos on fact.. watch below.

Last edited by a moderator:

Its depend on American's blunders, ;)
Well Chinese are improving there relations with many other nations.. Internal sitation and economy is very much stable.. There past rivals are now no where nearer to china when its come to policies.... And China is well known for its own policies and the offers they're providing to other countries are attractive.... They very much eligible to becoming a global leading power.....

International strength is a function of = Economic, Diplomatic and Military power.
It is actually about shared values and being a leader in certain ideology. The Soviet Union was a superpower because it was the leader of the communist world and assembled a block of 50 or so countries that sided with the Soviets on international diplomacy and security. The US obviously is the leader of the democracy and capitalism.

China on the other hand is the leader of what ideology? "Make money by every means possible?" and "Crush those who oppose Maoism?"

It is actually about shared values and being a leader in certain ideology. The Soviet Union was a superpower because it was the leader of the communist world and assembled a block of 50 or so countries that sided with the Soviets on international diplomacy and security. The US obviously is the leader of the democracy and capitalism.

China on the other hand is the leader of what ideology? "Make money by every means possible?" and "Crush those who oppose Maoism?"

China's ideology is now summed up by one word: "Pragmatism".

And we are now rising faster than any other country in the world. The results speak for themselves. :azn:

Your Indian ideas can't simply be applied to other situations without thinking.

If China's ideology was to "crush anyone who opposes Maoism", then how could Deng Xiaoping be the Paramount leader of China? :lol:

Can China be a Super-power???

I think we have the answer here -

Chinese general: We’re no match for U.S. - Army News | News from Afghanistan & Iraq - Army Times

Chin general thinks they are 20 years behind America Navy and similar is the gap on other front as well and after 20 years the gap will increase by another 20 years :lol: So I know China will be a Big Super Power sometime..

A thing to feel happy about for Chins is, Pakistanis already consider them Super power.. So you already are super duper power on this forum for some.. So be happy!!

Well.. the U.S. doesn't have much to fear.. currently.. but Russia and China.. are biggest threat to americans. Also i'd like to share a video with you let me find it.. and ill post it.. After.. america "accidently" hit and killed 24 pakistani troops.. China moved.. many troops toward Pak's border.. and China said.. they will defend Iran even if WW3 begins.

I can't find the other one that directly states it.. but i did find one of them..

8:58 to 14:15

If time see whole video later on.. really interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The country which do ctrl C + ctrl V and has zero innovation will never match with Americans and Europeans. Chinese can only dump their low quality goods in different countries.

The country which do ctrl C + ctrl V and has zero innovation will never match with Americans and Europeans. Chinese can only dump their low quality goods in different countries.

You mean those same low quality Chinese products, that are worth more than the entire Indian GDP as exports every year? :lol:

You mean those same low quality Chinese products, that are worth more than the entire Indian GDP as exports every year? :lol:

Seriously, ask anybody in Pakistan as well how high quality "Chini Maal" is considered in Pakistani market? There are often jokes on Chinese low quality stuff many times in Pakistani Comedy shows as well.. I have personally seen many.. If you want I can point you to some..

Anyways, junk remains junk even if it sold is mass..

Seriously, ask anybody in Pakistan as well how high quality "Chini Maal" is considered in Pakistani market? There are often jokes on Chinese low quality stuff many times in Pakistani Comedy shows as well.. I have personally seen many.. If you want I can point you to some..

Anyways, junk remains junk even if it sold is mass..

True, I guess that's why India asks us to help build their infrastructure, and even gets their Indian flag made in China.

Now, even the Tricolour is 'Made in China' - The Times of India

Since our stuff is such low quality, it should most certainly be used for the Indian flag and for Indian infrastructure which carries millions of Indian people every day. :wave:

Back
Top Bottom