What's new

When will China become a global superpower?

Let me ask you, what kind of "free" people would want to give up their freedom to be controlled by a totalitarian regime? No one!.

Not entirely true. Millions of Taiwanese and Koreans give up their "Freedom" and choose to live in China because of economic reasons. Same goes for Filipinos also give up their "Freedom" to live in Middle East. Strange that you put free in inverted comas.
The word "FREE" is over used. If you do not avocate the overthrow of the CCP you are pretty much "FREE": to do what you want. Every year China adds millions to the internet to make China the largest internet user in the world. And despite all the so call censorship, people get around it easily. Besides most people like me are more concern with having a job and making money.

Taiwanese don't want a "unification" with China; they always felt they were Taiwanese separate from China, and they want to stay it that way. Those 10% of population supporting KMT do not speak for all of Taiwanese, who actually prefers to declare the Republic Of Taiwan.

Yes you are correct. Unification is a dirty word. That is the reason for peaceful INTEGRATION. Peaceful integration is the best compromise between Unification and Seperation. It is either. If you understand me.

I am sorry, sport? That's one of the criteria for superpower?

In mine opinion yes. And very much so. However you are free to define what a super power is. A clear defination would help with the discussion...no?

I am sorry, sport? That's one of the criteria for superpower?

Definitely. Sport shows that you have resource surplus. It's how we know that you're rich if you drive a Lambourgini, and you're not if you drive a 1998 Nissan Maxima.

If you drive a Lambo, it says "hey look at me, I can afford to throw money away on looking good". If you can raise alot of gold medal athletes, it says that your country is so powerful, it can afford to divert resources to things that have close to zero economic value in any sense.

And if your country can't, then you drive a 1998 Nissan Maxima.

Definitely. Sport shows that you have resource surplus.
No, it's called the Soviet-style industrial sports training.

It's how we know that you're rich if you drive a Lambourgini, and you're not if you drive a 1998 Nissan Maxima.
Chinese athletes are terrible in sports that actually make tons of money; like soccer, baseball, basketball, golf, figure skating, etc. You only see Korean and Japanese players in these money-making sports, not Chinese.

Chinese athletes only excel in sports that makes little to no money like Ping Pong, diving, etc, thus no competition in international stage.

No, it's called the Soviet-style industrial sports training.

Chinese athletes are terrible in sports that actually make tons of money; like the soccer, the baseball, the basketball, etc.

FIBA Ranking for Men | FIBA.COM

10. China CHN 219.7
21. Nigeria NGR 67.6
31. Korea KOR 26.1

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

15. Angola ANG 178.0
31. Korea KOR 26.1

Better body figure with both strength and stamina are the main purpose of sports practise,chinese sports player not so good at these aspects but mainly made achievements at something need better skills.

Congratulations to the single Korean in the NBA... NBA D-league that is.

Ha Seung-Jin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"During the 2005-06 season Ha was assigned to the NBA D-League's Fort Worth Flyers on March 28, 2006,[3] where he played for five games but did not make an impact."

He is just annoyed because no one knows who Koreans are in America. They automatically assume that they are either Chinese or Japanese. :lol:

And if you ask the average American to name one South Korean, this is the only name that would come to their mind:

---->

Seung-Hui Cho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

150px-Cho_Seung-hui_3.jpg

^^^^

What a joke?? John Cho from Harold & Kumar series is one of the most famous names in America. Most Americans, unlike what you think, knows a lot about South Korea.

John Cho - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

John_Cho_2008.jpg

If you ask an average American one famous South Korean in America, John cho will be the first name to come to mind..

Now stop kidding by personally attacking someone because of his nationality..

Close.. your eyes.. and think of "Most powerful nations"

China, Russia, USA come to mind.. so they already are a super power :)

Kumar and Harold? :rofl:

What on Earth is that?

If you think more people know about some random show called Kumar, rather than the largest school-massacre in American history, then maybe you don't live in the USA.

Ok, I don't want to fight with you on your stupidity.. Keep living in your delusions..

Back
Top Bottom