What's new

When they were friends: Egypt and Iran

I don't care what you think. I am not entitled to like sect members and citizens of a country who interfere in my Arab world and are actively killing my people in Syria and elsewhere.

Moreover most Egyptians don't like Iranians and never have. Egypt is a staunch Sunni country and they dislike Iran. The Grand Imam of Al-Azhar already put your "president" in his place yesterday.

Secondly JUST TWO Arab countries like KSA and Qatar have much more natural resources than Iran. KSA is the biggest producer of oil and have the biggest oil reserves in the world while Qatar is the biggest producer of gas in the world.

Also until Iranian regime does not change there will be no relations. Simple as that. We cannot be silent and look how our brothers and sisters in Syria are killed by your people. We Arabs are not you Iranians who don't protest, fight or stand up. We are proud and ancient people who always fought against injustice.

Hasani , welcome to the forum.
I have long desired to have representation from Yemen and I am glad to see you.

Now Politics.
The Grand Imam of Al-Azhar already put your "president" in his place yesterday.

Do you know who initially made the Al-Azhar mosque ? and do you know it's purpose was to preach Shia religion ?

Iran has historic relationships with the Shia roots in Egypt, and Iran wants to use those relations to gain a foot hold.

Breaking Egypt and/or Pakistan away from Saudi Arabia is vital for Iran to achieve it's goals.

I know the history behind this but today it has no role. Egypt never was predominantly Shia anyway.

I am half Yemeni from maternal side. I do not live in Yemen but choose to include both flags to show my Saudi and Yemeni ties.

But there are nearly no Shias in Egypt. Less than 1-2 million. The only reason I can see is a purely economic one from Egypt's point of view. Iran is probably trying to meddle in the Arab world as they have been doing in Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, the Gulf States to the Arabian Gulf and in Northwest Yemen where the Shia minority lives. The two last things I have witnessed on my own.

They are also meddling in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

I know the history behind this but today it has no role. Egypt never was predominantly Shia anyway.

I am half Yemeni from maternal side. I do not live in Yemen but choose to include both flags to show my Saudi and Yemeni ties.

But there are nearly no Shias in Egypt. Less than 1-2 million. The only reason I can see is a purely economic one from Egypt's point of view. Iran is probably trying to meddle in the Arab world as they have been doing in Iraq, Lebanon, Syria, the Gulf States to the Arabian Gulf and in Northwest Yemen where the Shia minority lives. The two last things I have witnessed on my own.

They are also meddling in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Do you prefer Israel and the west over Shia? Because the west have destroyed the M.E and you said nothing... so just wanna clarify that you are with Israel and the west and against Iran because they are Shia?

No wonder why the west will rule the M.E... because people like you hate your own MUSLIM BROTHERS... :disagree:

There is no need to have a friendship with Iran as long as they are meddling in our Arab affairs and moreover are participating in the killing of our brotherly Syrian people.

Also I can't see what use they have? We have more natural resources and don't need their market for export nor import. They are Shia (only 10-15 percent of the world's Muslims) and they cannot be trusted. Also they still hold grudges against us Arabs 1400 years after.

A huge percentage of Pakistanis are Shia ( around 25-30%). You should write a post describing your feelings for them.

Now Politics.

Do you know who initially made the Al-Azhar mosque ? and do you know it's purpose was to preach Shia religion ?

Iran has historic relationships with the Shia roots in Egypt, and Iran wants to use those relations to gain a foot hold.

Breaking Egypt and/or Pakistan away from Saudi Arabia is vital for Iran to achieve it's goals.

Let me clarify the Al-Azhar point, That was build during Ubaydi/Farmid rule and they were they Ismaili Sheits and having huge differences on the basis of lineage of Imamat with the 16th century incarnation of Persian ithna ashari shiet during the Safavid's rule. Though Ubaydi/Fatmid ruled Egypt for almost 200 hundred years but Egyptians never converted to Ismaili faith and in today's Egypt it is totally irrelevant.

The problem with recent Iranian president visit to Cairo is that it came in a critical time when the muslim brotherhood feel cornered and pressured. Saudi Arabia with its channel Al Arabiya is clearly signalling that they side with the opposition. Thus pushing the MB to consider stronger ties with Tehran that BTW just offered them a loan(bribe). This is a terrible strategy that will eventually backfire.

A huge percentage of Pakistanis are Shia ( around 25-30%). You should write a post describing your feelings for them.

According to Pew research-2010 global Muslim Population, Shiets in Pakistan are 10-15 % out total Moslem population

Iran's Ahmadinejad seeks strategic axis with Egypt

(Reuters) - President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, on the first visit to Cairo by an Iranian leader in more than three decades, called for a strategic alliance with Egypt and said he had offered the cash-strapped Arab state a loan.

r

Caption for the photo:

(Morsi) Sallam aleikum

(Ahmad.) Aleikum sallam brother

By the will of Allah the merciful we will usurp these western infidels. We will provide loan which you can use for food so that when the American kuffar turns off the grain pipe your people will not be hungry

(Morsi) Thank you, may your soul be blessed dear brother, but what about your people, the sanctions, will they have enough food

(Ahmad.) I thank you for your concern dear brother. But we have just found out that if you irradiate corn with uranium 239 it mutates into corn 3 times the size. It is a clear signal given by Allah the merciful that we should continue our struggle and feed whoever is struggling against the illegitimate zionist-western oppression

The problem with recent Iranian president visit to Cairo is that it came in a critical time when the muslim brotherhood feel cornered and pressured. Saudi Arabia with its channel Al Arabiya is clearly signalling that they side with the opposition. Thus pushing the MB to consider stronger ties with Tehran that BTW just offered them a loan(bribe). This is a terrible strategy that will eventually backfire.
So do you agree all the funds Saudis are providing in many countries in the world are bribes too?Of course you do.

Iran and Egypt deserve much better relations than this, no matter how many differences they have.

Why Iran was not friend of Egypt before revolution? When Egypt was much more stable!

not sure if you're doing your usual wahabi/trolling routine or you're actually serious.

Egypt under Mubarak was an American puppet state as well as a liberal Saudi. The biggest hurdle was on that side.

Now Politics.

He's not Yemeni.

And nobody cares about Pakistan to break it away from anything.

not sure if you're doing your usual wahabi/trolling routine or you're actually serious.

Egypt under Mubarak was an American puppet state as well as a liberal Saudi. The biggest hurdle was on that side.

He's not Yemeni.

And nobody cares about Pakistan to break it away from anything.

Absurd logic, isn’t it? Jordan, Pakistan (CENTO, SETO) and even Turkey (NATO) were more puppet than Egypt. As far as Camp David is concerned, Jordan signed the peace treaty with Israel even on more subordinate terms than Egypt. Iran has been embracing the diplomatic relationship with all of them, even with arch foe Saudi Arabia. The only reason was Sadat’s asylum to ousted Shah, Reza Pehalvi , that annoyed the Khomeini and Iran slashed the diplomatic relationship and the storey is same till today.

There is no need to have a friendship with Iran as long as they are meddling in our Arab affairs and moreover are participating in the killing of our brotherly Syrian people.

Iran is protecting it's interest, but the one doing the killing is certainely not Iran. You can blame them for a lot of things, but not for that! It was Soudi and Qatar behind the Syrian turmoil...nobody else and thety are the only two countries that created this mayhem..

Also I can't see what use they have? We have more natural resources and don't need their market for export nor import. They are Shia (only 10-15 percent of the world's Muslims) and they cannot be trusted. Also they still hold grudges against us Arabs 1400 years after.

They are more Iranian scientists than all arabs combined have in their respective counties, not talking about filed patents and what come out your beloved fellow citzens besides perverted fetwas from another age. If you have to mine usefulness, your side of the persian gulf will be priceless.

Back
Top Bottom