What's new

When The Indian Air Force Undertook Missions To Save And Protect pakistanis

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Responding to SOS calls from besieged pakistan Army soldiers, the Indian Air Force [IAF], in 2006, with its Mil Mi-35 "Akbar" attack helicopters, undertook fire support missions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo [DRC]. Despite coming under attack itself & suffering damages to the Helicopters, the IAF remained committed to the task at hand.

As a result of the firepower it was raining from the air, the IAF created sufficient time & opportunity for the pakistani soldiers to retreat to safer positions. The present Commanding Officer [CO] of the No.125 Helicopter Squadron, "The Gladiators", then deputed to the DRC for the MONUC mission, recalls that event in this video below.

Responding to SOS calls from besieged pakistan Army soldiers, the Indian Air Force [IAF], in 2006, with its Mil Mi-35 "Akbar" attack helicopters, undertook fire support missions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo [DRC]. Despite coming under attack itself & suffering damages to the Helicopters, the IAF remained committed to the task at hand.

As a result of the firepower it was raining from the air, the IAF created sufficient time & opportunity for the pakistani soldiers to retreat to safer positions. The present Commanding Officer [CO] of the No.125 Helicopter Squadron, "The Gladiators", then deputed to the DRC for the MONUC mission, recalls that event in this video below.

from rocky and mayur's Jai Hind show:tup:

:tup::tup::tup:

Add to it that our doctors also salved the injured Pakistani soldiers.

All soldiers are brothers in arms unless they're fighting each other! :azn:

article-2539467-1AAA9F3400000578-87_468x364.jpg

Indian and Pakistani soldiers exchange sweets and gifts on the occasion
of Eid Milad-un-Nabi

Last edited:
Thats real professionalism by the IA, I have actually come to respect them a little, during a UN mission all the armies work side by side and help out each other in times of dire consequences, as @OrionHunter hunter said, we are all brothers until we actually go to war....:-)
I expect no civvie to understand this....

It was a UNO mission. The IA is obliged when serving under a UN mission to assist fellow UN personnel irrespective of their nationality. Nothing to feel good about. When they return to the LoC they will continue beheading and shelling each other.

It was a UNO mission. The IA is obliged when serving under a UN mission to assist fellow UN personnel irrespective of their nationality. Nothing to feel good about. When they return to the LoC they will continue beheading and shelling each other.
LOL

Be that as it may, Let us feel good about these good deeds as there aren't many.

Considering our rivalry, the Indian CO could have made an excuse but his immediate response is proof of your Army's professionalism.

All soldiers are brothers in arms unless they're fighting each other! :azn:

article-2539467-1AAA9F3400000578-87_468x364.jpg

Indian and Pakistani soldiers exchange sweets and gifts on the occasion
of Eid Milad-un-Nabi
I have always wondered if anybody actually eats those sweets !!! :lol:

Last edited:
From which side ??? :P

BTW don't tell me you went with your dad ??? :D
Both sides! And no, not with my dad! :rofl:

Sitting under a tree on the LoC with our batmen from both sides serving tea and snacks followed by lunch, it used to be a lot of fun with friendly banter! But that was years ago. Things have probably changed now.

Both sides! And no, not with my dad! :rofl:

Sitting under a tree on the LoC with our batmen from both sides serving tea and snacks followed by lunch, it used to be a lot of fun with friendly banter! But that was years ago. Things have probably changed now.
The landscape used to Beautiful near the LoC.

Unfortunately the shelling has made it uninhabitable.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom