What's new

How the Su-30 MKI is changing the IAF’s combat strategy

I am sure.. you can bring down Raptor on Paper.... as coming to RCS, No body knows the real RCS of any Jet when it is fully Loaded... Simply we don't Induct MKI's if they don't have chance against PAF.... We got options to choose which PAF don't have...

Russian jets history in combat is well known.We will only find out the truth when its actually put to the test.

@sandy_3126 once mentioned that it would be 340.

I'm not sure if it is a good idea though. Might be a better idea to increase the number of Rafales, since they are cheaper to operate and require only one pilot. 272 is quite a big number as it is.
the adversary is bigger, and adding serious muscle....

@sancho

I was asked a question to which i had to respond. If you have nothing to add, you are free to stop quoting me.

After you mentioned the exercise and voiced your opinion on the results, which has nothing to do with the topic of this thread.
The issue is not that I quote you, but that you bring in unrelated and with all due respect, nonsens stuff to the thread and we both know where the thread will go when people will start the blame games based on that topic. So how about you start with adding something useful to the thread and I will follow?

1) Su 30 MKI is an air dominance multi role fighter with better capabilities than MKK.

3) MKI has 3D thrust vectoring.

The MKI and the MKK are based on the same Su 30MK base and are both based on air superiority with added multi role capability. The MKI however was modified to impove it's A2A capabilties with a better radar and TVC mainly. The TVC btw is not a 3D version, only 2D (2.5D), since it only moves along 1 axis, check this:

PAK FA with 'Brahmos' | Page 9 | Pakistan Defence

1) Su 30 MKI is an air dominance multi role fighter with better capabilities than MKK.

2) Avionics : MKI is incorporated with French and Israeli avionics.

3) MKI has 3D thrust vectoring.

i came to know that indian su 30 has canards,while the chinese su 30 doesnt have canards . how does canards makes difference for su 30 ??

Chicha ...SU-30 MKI is not flying to hide...It is FORCING enemy's fighter to stay at bay... In short this is called DADAGIRI of MKI.

MKI Painting their presence on Enemy's radar and challenging Enemy to come up...This is the way How MKI works... Got it.
:lol::tup:

[quote="Aeronaut, post: 5123444, member: 15719"

@shree835

What if i told you that the Israelis have sold the same systems to the Chinese as they sold you for your MKIs.[/quote]
They will NOT.
First thing you need to understand that , they (Russia, France and Israel) are doing business , in the same time they are very good friend of India ...Like Russia sold SU-30 to CHINI too , but what CHINI have and what Indian have that you can easily understand I believe... Selling some weapon to CHINI and selling MKI to India is a different case...AS you can see that today Russia is having SU-30SM( Same variant of MKI) as Russian are very much impressed with MKI... Do you believe they will sell Su-30 SM or MKI to anyone else...???

Rcs is overhyped. In combat what Matters more is weapons and radar power and jammers.

Su30mki wil not hide they will come out in huge nos big and bold and wreck havoc.

Example f15 eagles have massive rcs yet they never lose a engagement...

Take in irst, tvc engines, hms and Israeli jammers you have the most powerful fighter in south Asia only the small fleet of f16 come close.

When u multiply this by 272 planes you can't lose any war its too much firepower for Pakistan to defend against

Rcs is overhyped. In combat what Matters more is weapons and radar power and jammers.

Su30mki wil not hide they will come out in huge nos big and bold and wreck havoc.

Example f15 eagles have massive rcs yet they never lose a engagement...

Take in irst, tvc engines, hms and Israeli jammers you have the most powerful fighter in south Asia only the small fleet of f16 come close.

When u multiply this by 272 planes you can't lose any war its too much firepower for Pakistan to defend against
mate,there are some people who will never agree with you but what you said is absolutely correct.Su-30 MKI was designed to be an air-dominance fighter rather than to be another air superiority aircraft.the I.A.F. knew from the first day that it had a large R.C.S.(actually all air dominance fighters have that) but still they went ahead with this platform and decided to order a huge no. from Russia.the I.A.F. decision makers are much more intelligent than the internet keyboard warriors and if they went ahead with this amazing platform then i think we shouldn't worry too much as they know what they are doing.
a force of over 270+ Su-30 MKI coupled with a hundred or so Mig-29UPG and Mirage-2000 Mk2 will be a force to recon with and with the induction of the Dessault Rafales in the force in the near future,the I.A.F. will become one of the deadliest air forces in the entire world....

I have herd that in dact excercises the mki have won 90% of the engagements v mirage2000 mig29 and bison .

The best the mki trains against singpores f16/52 at kalkundia air force station in India all the time because the f16 of singpore are housed there due to lack of space in singpore ..

The mki knows f16/52 inside out

i came to know that indian su 30 has canards,while the chinese su 30 doesnt have canards . how does canards makes difference for su 30 ??

Better slow speed maneuverability and handling, Chinese J15 have canards as well, to have the same advantages during carrier landings.

There is nothing better in South Asia than this

Its a absolute BEAST

1387533.jpg

MKI is a peice of art.

The rumor about selling SU35 to China had been reported cancelled by Russian Media. China will stick to J11B and J16 in the future. MKI is a formidable platform for all the airforce in the world until 5th gen fighters come into service.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom