What's new

How the Su-30 MKI is changing the IAF’s combat strategy

@airmarshal

A BIG Russian air craft which cant hide from our AN/TPS-77, EriEye, ZDK-3 and cant escape out AIM-120C5 AMRAAMs and our SAM systems.

India needs MKIs to balance with China which has around 400 Flankers and growing.

MKI is a myth busted by the world's best flight school called the Red Flag at Nellis AFB.

Indians can't admit to that, for understandable reasons.

Chicha ...SU-30 MKI is not flying to hide...It is FORCING enemy's fighter to stay at bay... In short this is called DADAGIRI of MKI.

MKI Painting their presence on Enemy's radar and challenging Enemy to come up...This is the way How MKI works... Got it.

what are the differences for indian su 30 and china su 30??

1) Su 30 MKI is an air dominance multi role fighter with better capabilities than MKK.

2) Avionics : MKI is incorporated with French and Israeli avionics.

3) MKI has 3D thrust vectoring.

MKI is a myth busted by the world's best flight school called the Red Flag at Nellis AFB.

Can you please elaborate on this ? What was the myth and how it got busted and who busted it ?

@airmarshal

A BIG Russian air craft which cant hide from our AN/TPS-77, EriEye, ZDK-3 and cant escape out AIM-120C5 AMRAAMs and our SAM systems.

India needs MKIs to balance with China which has around 400 Flankers and growing.

1) Red flag is not a flight school.

2) Indian MKIs can't do anything against Pak, but India needs it against China? Because China's air force and ground based sensors are inferior to Pak's? Well, well.

3) Yeah, MKI is a myth like Santa Claus and the toothfairy - Indians just like to pretend it exists, to scare our enemies. Actually they are nothing but inflatable rubber decoys. Only real 'aeronauts' know this secret.

Can F16 Carrying AIM 120C5 Amraam fire @ su30mki with out switching its on radar and take help from Erieye radar to guide it midway ,is it possible i think its possible what you say?

@airmarshal

@janon

RF is a flight school just not for tommies.

Either you can have a serious discussion or two line posts none of which is worthy of a debate.

@kseeker

USAF invites countries to learn from them at red flag. They take more than they give.

There is a post flight eveluation available at Youtube and other material on USAF, REDFLAG's opinion on MKIs.

@shree835

What if i told you that the Israelis have sold the same systems to the Chinese as they sold you for your MKIs.

No they haven't, that's just silly.

Israelis sell 'anyone', 'anything' as long as they get paid. Pakistan regularly buys stuff from Israel, even though we don't have diplomatic relations with them.

You are free to believe what you want.

Peace.

Israelis sell 'anyone', 'anything' as long as they get paid. Pakistan regularly buys stuff from Israel, even though we don't have diplomatic relations with them.

You are free to believe what you want.

Peace.

As are you, regardless of how far from reality it is :)

SU 30 MKI is good fighter no doubt about it but when your adversory have advance BVR and AWAcs the surprice it lost .
RCs fo fully loaded su30 will be like a jumbo elephant and will be visible from far far place :D.
Article say's about air launch brahmos which is not ready but your adversory have RAAD & CM400AKG
Brahmos can hold only 200 - 300 KG so nuclear device cannot be install or its prove fantacy where Raad can carry 450kg see the difference.

i like Myths... Thats the way best operates.. bcz the word of mouth drives the fear into the heart of its adversaries.. thats how myths gain momentum of power and invincibility.. so yeah by Saying MKI is a myth i like the word.. it implies u believe u know MKI and in ur heart u fear as ur conscience says u dont know it yet...

BTW, i like the american hot shot who claimed to fame via the video and blog leakages in 2008 abt Red flag.. i also liked the NDTV press release by Vishnu Som stating the so called Indian Side of the story.. but lemme tell u sumthn which u may like more.. the amount of data we collected with utilisation of few MKIs in safety first mode (lol single engine with no replacement carry, limited TVC, radar in training mode, No awacs support, using IRST alone, flying in large contingent so called Blue force where 21 kills out of 37 were attributed to MKIs, no inter connectivity between the birds as pre condition was to divulge the system details which India did nt to protect classified onboard system..no chaffs/decoys as it compromises so called visibility and increasing pollution.. no indian fighter controllers were allowed due to restriction in Nellis base.. gosh the list is long.. nevermind), that was more important.. by the way, i don claim the invincible tag there.. our birds wer also shot down and we also shoot down others.. now beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.. US pilots had all the stuff which i mentioned as safety first mode for MKIs.. so for me the experience of operating against such birds with limited access to our own capability gives birth to the Myth.. in simple words if we do X damage with such limitation operating 20K kms away from home, can u imagine the full impact with all limitations removed meaning X+Y damage capability... What is X and What is Y, i leave that to all of u to imagine and fuel up the myth....

I am not claiming MKIs to be the very best in the world, but they r gud enuf for us to have 272 in nos.. and the data we collected was more important for us to understand how NATO forces work in tandem..

Disclaimer: No disrespect intended to any side.. so dont troll using my reply .. LOL

So we are getting single seater or double seater?

Both, a normal squadron mix in IAF included 16 x single and 2 x twin seaters. For Rafale the twin seat numbers might be higher than in the past, but the majority will be single seaters.

There is a post flight eveluation available at Youtube and other material on USAF, REDFLAG's opinion on MKIs.

And as often discussed, the video is BS, so please don't derail the thread with such nonsense and stick to topic please!

Last edited:
@airmarshal

I am sure.. you can bring down Raptor on Paper.... as coming to RCS, No body knows the real RCS of any Jet when it is fully Loaded... Simply we don't Induct MKI's if they don't have chance against PAF.... We got options to choose which PAF don't have...

@sancho

I was asked a question to which i had to respond. If you have nothing to add, you are free to stop quoting me.

i like Myths... Thats the way best operates.. bcz the word of mouth drives the fear into the heart of its adversaries.. thats how myths gain momentum of power and invincibility.. so yeah by Saying MKI is a myth i like the word.. it implies u believe u know MKI and in ur heart u fear as ur conscience says u dont know it yet...

BTW, i like the american hot shot who claimed to fame via the video and blog leakages in 2008 abt Red flag.. i also liked the NDTV press release by Vishnu Som stating the so called Indian Side of the story.. but lemme tell u sumthn which u may like more.. the amount of data we collected with utilisation of few MKIs in safety first mode (lol single engine with no replacement carry, limited TVC, radar in training mode, No awacs support, using IRST alone, flying in large contingent so called Blue force where 21 kills out of 37 were attributed to MKIs, no inter connectivity between the birds as pre condition was to divulge the system details which India did nt to protect classified onboard system..no chaffs/decoys as it compromises so called visibility and increasing pollution.. no indian fighter controllers were allowed due to restriction in Nellis base.. gosh the list is long.. nevermind), that was more important.. by the way, i don claim the invincible tag there.. our birds wer also shot down and we also shoot down others.. now beauty is in the eyes of the beholder.. US pilots had all the stuff which i mentioned as safety first mode for MKIs.. so for me the experience of operating against such birds with limited access to our own capability gives birth to the Myth.. in simple words if we do X damage with such limitation operating 20K kms away from home, can u imagine the full impact with all limitations removed meaning X+Y damage capability... What is X and What is Y, i leave that to all of u to imagine and fuel up the myth....

I am not claiming MKIs to be the very best in the world, but they r gud enuf for us to have 272 in nos.. and the data we collected was more important for us to understand how NATO forces work in tandem..

Disclaimer: No disrespect intended to any side.. so dont troll using my reply .. LOL

Nice post ....... Now cool down a bit ...... :D

Back
Top Bottom