What's new

When The Indian Air Force Undertook Missions To Save And Protect pakistanis

Under the UN umbrella, all soldiers serve as a unit, in Somalia, the incident captured in the famous film ''Black Hawk Down'', it were Pakistani troops that went in to rescue the trapped US soldiers and airmen. Even during natural calamities and disasters, sometimes opposite sides join hands.

Responding to SOS calls from besieged pakistan Army soldiers, the Indian Air Force [IAF], in 2006, with its Mil Mi-35 "Akbar" attack helicopters, undertook fire support missions in the Democratic Republic of the Congo [DRC]. Despite coming under attack itself & suffering damages to the Helicopters, the IAF remained committed to the task at hand.

As a result of the firepower it was raining from the air, the IAF created sufficient time & opportunity for the pakistani soldiers to retreat to safer positions. The present Commanding Officer [CO] of the No.125 Helicopter Squadron, "The Gladiators", then deputed to the DRC for the MONUC mission, recalls that event in this video below.

Few months back Indian UN forces under attack by rebels in Khartoum guess what who help them and provide support through military exchange of fire btw rebels and Pakistan UN forces and provide safe way. Those forces who are stationed under UN umbrella have some rules & regulations.

Some other information regarding UN Indian & Pakistani forces in Africa.

The division of Sudan btw South and North on the bases of religion. Christian side want Indian Forces and Muslim side want Pakistan forces. Israel is also on Christian side. UN already under pressure from Sudani regime that your mission is almost completed after the divide now why you're sitting here in Sudan? Long in-short both forces should be withdraw soon under UN umbrella because the objectives of UN forces in that entire area either Sudan, Congo etc are already finished or near close to completion.

Last edited:
Right! Things are not what they used to be. Miss the good old days! :cry:

I was there last year... . Last week visit of our Bikers fellow along with one of Pakistan's top Journalist "Ansar Burney" @ LOC

10325210_10152059978420754_4866855354962984570_n.jpg

10173588_10152061557245754_2373191601282179455_n.jpg

10321606_10203945941392173_4256788015781065894_o.jpg

The professional comradeship of IA & PA Officers when on UN Missions is very high.

Both are professional armies with strong traditions of right & wrong.

Moreover, the hall mark of soldiering is doing the right thing when ' On Parade' which to Civvies means on duty and to let you hair down when ' Off Parade"... and Never to mix the two.

Thats real professionalism by the IA, I have actually come to respect them a little, during a UN mission all the armies work side by side and help out each other in times of dire consequences, as @OrionHunter hunter said, we are all brothers until we actually go to war....:-)
I expect no civvie to understand this....

Well said !

The professional comradeship of IA & PA Officers when on UN Missions is very high.

Both are professional armies with strong traditions of right & wrong.

Moreover, the hall mark of soldiering is doing the right thing when ' On Parade' which to Civvies means on duty and to let you hair down when ' Off Parade"... and Never to mix the two.

Well said !
I couldnt agree with you more....:)

IA and PA soldiers are brothers in arms in the Congo and fighting on the same side :tup:

Under the UN umbrella, all soldiers serve as a unit, in Somalia, the incident captured in the famous film ''Black Hawk Down'', it were Pakistani troops that went in to rescue the trapped US soldiers and airmen. Even during natural calamities and disasters, sometimes opposite sides join hands.
USA and pakistan are not sworn enemy and dont behead each others soldiers..
but I agree generally with the sentiments here, its their job. Am pretty sure pakistani coptors would have done exactly same, when under UN flag you are on same side.

USA and pakistan are not sworn enemy and dont behead each others soldiers..
but I agree generally with the sentiments here, its their job. Am pretty sure pakistani coptors would have done exactly same, when under UN flag you are on same side.

Exactly, only professional armies can do that. In that case Indian army showed its true professionalism. My respect for men in uniform has increased million times.

Under UN both armies are fighting a common enemy.... and are expected to help each other in need..... Good show by Indian forces.......

Exactly, only professional armies can do that. In that case Indian army showed its true professionalism. My respect for men in uniform has increased million times.
all armies under UN banner are professionals, whichever country they might belong to, small or big.

I was there last year... . Last week visit of our Bikers fellow along with one of Pakistan's top Journalist "Ansar Burney" @ LOC

10325210_10152059978420754_4866855354962984570_n.jpg

10173588_10152061557245754_2373191601282179455_n.jpg

10321606_10203945941392173_4256788015781065894_o.jpg
Mate can you tell me something about the ruin on the above picture?I mean was it some sort of ancient temple or simply the ruins of some palace?:-)

Mate can you tell me something about the ruin on the above picture?I mean was it some sort of ancient temple or simply the ruins of some palace?:-)

I will ask my friend who took that shoot and let you know about the place but somewhere in Neelam Valley Azad-Kashmir (near Line of Control) under 5 - 15 kilometer radius

Back
Top Bottom