What's new

When coterminous Pakistan fought Alexander the Great and almost brought him down to his knees.

I aint a bhakt but you're clueless if you think economics is haphazard in India. I guess you trust Rahul and Sinha over the IMF president ....Whether you agree or not.....Congress has one more harm to India than anyone can imagine. Why the f-k you think Pakistani's and Chinese are happy when Congress is in power?
One needs to distinguish between foreign policy and economic policy. How can you link how Chinese and Pakistanis feel about Congress in power to the economic policies of the Modi Government? Let me know the economic successes of the Modi Government - 1. Tell me about "Make in India" - how has it been a success? 2. How many jobs have been generated? 3. How much "black money" has been brought back? 4. How has demonitization been a success? I am happy to be corrected.

the reality is Porus never lived in India ... His name is Greece His culture was not Indians... He was in present day pakistan and battle was fought on bank of river Jhelum in Present day pakistan and one more thing he was defeated by Alexander the Great... if you consider that Greek Historian are wrong then why do you accept all Greek History from Macedonia to Babylon .. if you consider Porus was not defeated than consider Alexander was a lie and a myth there was no Alexander simple... Indians always take credit of every foreign invader by themselves from Kushan to Porus... Indian mentality....

people from cold weather (but densely populated) areas tend to have higher IQ than people from warm weather...........Germans (the white ones) have higher IQ than Nigerians....The Brain has been subjected to tens of thousands of years of evolution in different parts of the world under different selective pressures..and these selective pressures were much severe in the Global North as well as in the mountainous areas during the Last Glacial Maximum...about China...Nope China had marginally better GDP per capita from 1950 onwards...and from 1979 onwards they just chugged past India...scientific temper of mind is highly important for a good economy (unless you have oil) and atheism contributes to that...but Chinese atheism is a bit of a dogmatic atheism , Western people tend to have much better critical thinking...Indians outside of the top 3-5% have neither atheism nor critical rational thinking

It is also perfectly possible that Babur had higher IQ than Lodhi coming in from super-cold Uzbekistan ....Babur showed way higher battle IQ than any commander in the Indo-Pak area..be it Hindu or Muslim

A perfect blend of IQ and testosterone wins battles

People from barren cold mountains overcame the people of the plains because of their superior military culture and battle tactics---both of them are functions of Intelligence/IQ

So the colder it gets the smarter humans get is the dumbest logic I've heard..

In Short India is a slave nation... from Aryans to British Every Famous nation on Earth made Indians their Slaves... Bitter Truth... and Indians still in delusion that they are world power and strongest Economy... when you are coward your millions of army and many advanced weapons does not count... Proof Taliban vs USA and USSR

In short every nation on Earth has been made slave by hunter gatherers from Africa

Both USSR and USA can wipe out the Taliban by dropping nukes on them and Taliban can do jackshit..it is only because of worlöd reactions they hold back...If a Chingiss Khan was in command of USA or USSR army, Taliban problem would have been solved in 6 months...but USA and USSR are politically correct...but Taliban still belives in primitive tactics

IQ has a predictive power unmatched by anyother element in psychiatry.....so IQ is a relevant topic..of course we cannot give an IQ test to the ancients, but we can make educated guesses

http://www.unz.com/akarlin/ancient-greeks-not-geniuses/

India did give some important contributions to the world scientific heritage..But I would say India's contribution was more in mathematics than in Science...Mathematics is more rational, while Science is more empirical..there is a qualitative difference between the two...

Anyways most of India's contribution was done by Brahmins --again the group with the highest Aryan component...so that just buttresses my theory that you need genes that were cooked in the cold climes of the Last Ice Age to give you an advantage in Intelligence or scientific pursuits

and India's contribution to the world of knowledge pales in comparison to what the West has achieved since the Scientific Revolution and Enlightenment (1589-1687 the former) and (1700-1751 the latter)

Tamil Brahmins have been forced into science and academia because of loss of land holdings....the elite among Brahmins in the North still can have comfortable lives without going into academia...Tam Brahms have been forced to adapt like the Jews
And Chinese, Koreans ,Japanese trounce whites in IQ scores, however I think the extra testosterone of whites may give perhaps an extra drive to fulfill a life long dream/ambition to create/invent something, hence more contributions from whites in the last few centuries, only my supposition lol, I do agree with you that northerners may have more intellect than southerners, it could all come down to cranial size, as I have noticed men from the south tend to have very small heads which indicates a much higher chance of dementia in old age.Kudos sir

And Chinese, Koreans ,Japanese trounce whites in IQ scores, however I think the extra testosterone of whites may give perhaps an extra drive to fulfill a life long dream/ambition to create/invent something, hence more contributions from whites in the last few centuries, only my supposition lol, I do agree with you that northerners may have more intellect than southerners, it could all come down to cranial size, as I have noticed men from the south tend to have very small heads which indicates a much higher chance of dementia in old age.Kudos sir

You are EXACTLY RIGHT...the much higher testosterone levels of whites negate the 2-5 point advantage that North East Asians (Chinese,Koreans,Japanese) have on whites..this higher testosterone combined with relatively high IQ levels give them an overwhelming advantage, as well as ambition, creativity.....Scientists are now coming up with another unit of measurement to track human achievement..its known as curiosity index..I surmise curiosity index is nothing but a function of both IQ and testosterone...........

The best example of High IQ as well as High testosterone are Ashkenazi Jews....(Jews used to world boxing champions when they were still poor in US)

In the subcontinental context we have to research the battle tactics and IQ of Central Asians as well as Afghan Pashtuns vis-a-vis the settled warrior class of the subcontinent

Last edited:
I gave proper sourced data from World Bank...what's the source of his data?

Fact is China was higher GDP per capita than India even by 1960...which only shows how incompetent Congress was, as it could not keep up with a starving China

okay My Bad

between 1961 and 1979 India was ahead of China..during the purge years...once China had internalized the atheistic scientific temper, it rocketed ahead...

The pain years of Mao were necessary for China to be porsperous now..else it would have been just as India----people brimming with superstitions and non-scientific attitude

I agree to some degree but not completely though

One needs to distinguish between foreign policy and economic policy. How can you link how Chinese and Pakistanis feel about Congress in power to the economic policies of the Modi Government? Let me know the economic successes of the Modi Government - 1. Tell me about "Make in India" - how has it been a success? 2. How many jobs have been generated? 3. How much "black money" has been brought back? 4. How has demonitization been a success? I am happy to be corrected.

Tell me what the hell do you expect since Modi took over versus 60 yrs of Congress rule? Be realistic and be humble. The guy is doing more than nay other shitty political or shitty political party has done so far in India. Don't be blinded by your hatred for the right wing ...

I agree to some degree but not completely though

Tell me what the hell do you expect since Modi took over versus 60 yrs of Congress rule? Be realistic and be humble. The guy is doing more than nay other shitty political or shitty political party has done so far in India. Don't be blinded by your hatred for the right wing ...
I have been realistic and humble - I don't think I have adopted a harsh tone or resorted to abusive language. I expect Modi to deliver or at least move in the direction of delivering his election promises. I don't hate him or his Government. Anyhow, you have made up your mind and that is your right. Peace.

In Short India is a slave nation... from Aryans to British Every Famous nation on Earth made Indians their Slaves... Bitter Truth... and Indians still in delusion that they are world power and strongest Economy... when you are coward your millions of army and many advanced weapons does not count... Proof Taliban vs USA and USSR[/QUOTE

I continously see a pattern that typical pakistani's use to portray India or Indians as weak or inferior... i.e. "Slaves"..... dont play yourself..... we still around .....whopping splitting your .... fill in the blanks

Kaptaan’s type of thinking makes me fear for our future. Our past and future lies in Islam. We take our strength from it. Trying to add to our history reaks of someones personal complex. We are a great nation which follows Islam and its tradition. Trying to add Indian elements to it helps hindu ghar vapasi propaganda.

In 326BC Alexander the Great with his Greek and Macedonian army invaded coterminous Pakistan. Our anscestors fought like lions and almost killed him in what is now Multan. By the time he left our land large part of his army was destroyed. So this thread is to celebrate our ancestors who fought to protect our sacred Indus region and also the brave Alexander. It was the first meeting of coterminous Pakistan with the West. In the subsequent centuries Greek culture and civilization took root in Gandhara region of coterminous of Pakistan which is modern North West Pakistan. I was pleasently surprised to find that Pakistan Army Museum celebrates Alexander and Porus and the Battle of Hydaspes. Image below.

Rt1x7yB.jpg

One of histories greatest conquerors certainly left coterminous Pakistan with respect for ancestors fighting abilities. Not many people can claim in to have tangled with Alexander the Great and given him rough time like we did. What is so unique about Alexander's campaign in coterminous Pakistan is that it touched almost all our people. Every province and most districts of Pakikstan felt the force of the Greek Army. Some of us joined him. Some of us fought against him but either way it was making of history. Books are still being written about it over 2000 years later.

For the first time coterminous Pakistan fortified by the mighty River Indus was joined to a vast empire that connected us with Greece and all countries in between.

Alexander+the+Great%2527s+Journey.png

Look at the map below and see if your district in Pakistan was involved in one of histories greatest moments. The route map of Alexander the Great is approximate.

bNBYmiV.png

The approximate route of invasion was Khyber Pass, Peshawar, cross the Indus near Attock, Taxila/Islamabad, Jhelum where Porus fought Alexander on the banks of River Jhelum or what the Greeks called Hydaspes. He then moved east to near Lahore crossing the border near Amritsar but then the Greeks turned back into coterminous Pakistan. This is proximate to the GT road axis. Returning back to Jhelum they sailed down the river to Multan where the fierce Mallians almost killed Alexander the Great.

Then sailing down into Sindh near Karachi Alexander had one of his generals survey mouth of the Indus River. He himself then marched along what is now the Mekran Highway past Gwadar into Iran.

Monument to Battle of Hydaspes. Jalalpur Sharif, Jhelum, Pakistan.

2009.03.18+%2820%29_resize.jpg

sikandar-monument-in-jalalpur.jpg

2009.03.18+%2818%29_resize.jpg

13214275553_5d1d1853ab_b.jpg

20cc07aedcdea28236754af21b81952d.jpg

@Chinese-Dragon Please let your Chinese members know about this part of Ancient Pakistan's history. Thanks @AUSTERLITZ @Magnum Opus @KediKesenFare @HAKIKAT @EgyptianAmerican @xenon54 etc

https://tribune.com.pk/story/1502658/army-museum-opens-doors-public-lahore/

there was no such thing as pakistan and islam back then, stop lying.

First I want to thank everybody for their contribution. Secondly rather surprised that we have not had any Gangas jumping in and trying to claim it was they who fought Aexander's army to it's knees. Just want to clarify that I am using the term "coterminous Pakistan". Coterminous means having the same space or boundaries in time. In other words the land and geography that is today Pakistan. Or the Indus River region.

coterminous
kəʊˈtəːmɪnəs/
adjective
adjective: coterminous
having the same boundaries or extent in space, time, or meaning.

Thirdly, we must understand that Greece was the unrivalled superpower of it's time. It had just defeated the mighty Persian Empire and nothing stood in way of Alexander to be "conquerer of the known world". He and his army then rolled into coterminous Pakistan. Divided we we were. Indeed probably split like the district map I posted above. Just like today we had some traitors. But we also had heroes.

It must have been a strange sight. The mighty Greek army with Alexander now behaving like he was god marched through our lands. I can imagine our people leaving their farms and heading to fight the world conquerer from afar. Porus whose kingdom is only slightly larger than modern day Jhelum District fought Alexander and his Greeks on the banks of Jhelum River in what history records as Battle of Hydaspes 326BCE. Any of you members from Jhelum district should feel proud. The battle is still studied in military academies across the world. Porus fought bravely but was defeated but the battle is recorded as very difficult by greek historians.

Along the entire coterminous Pakistan the Greeks found our ancestors - from tiny kingdoms to just tribes fighting them at every turn. The Greeks often through frustration and what was common in those days massacred the defeated. This is what happened in Multan or what was then known as Mali. The Mallians after having almost killed Alexander were killed indiscrimnately. However by the time the Greeks left our land we would forever be recorded as a difficult, divided but defiant fighters. Coterminous Pakistan would become a Greek Satrap in a huge empire stretching from Europe to Pakistan.

I ask Pakistani members to look at this map and see if they can place their location on the route Alexander took and or the Porus Kingdom marked green proximating to modern Jhelum District and regions adjacent. I encourage any personal accounts, stories or anything that you can add to this thread - in partcular from districts that lay on Alexander armies route.

rhP2fdK.jpg

I think it is high time Pakistan built statues to Porus and other fighters including our enemy Alexander. Over 2000 years we should not bear any bad blood with the Greeks but recognize the warriors that once made world history on our soil. Not many people can say they took on the superpower of it';s time with gusto like we did.

Next time you drive over the Jhelum River take few seconds to reflect on the momentous battle that took place so many centuries ago on it's banks.

And I am glad Pakistan Army Museum has embraced the Battle of Hydaspes and Porus in it's collection. A fitting inheritor of the valour shown by Porus over 2000 years ago.

Battle_of_Hydaspes.jpg

23362466681_c24794b02b_b.jpg

1.jpg

you pakistanis are getting more and more ridiculous these days, where did pakistan or islam come from in 326 bc? neither do you have any claims over the indus valley civilization. so stop lying already.

to all the pakistanis, the world doesn't share your views. they believe it was India and Indians only and not pakisatains

There's a really strong sense of pride (albeit false pride) among the Multan public that they were able to kill off Alexander with a poisoned arrow.

there was no such thing as pakistan and islam back then, stop lying.
Who the f* told you there was Pakistan or Islam back then. There was no Chrisianity, UK, France, Germany, Italy, USA, Japan etc eithier.

And I never said there was Pakistan or Islam back then. I said "coterminous Pakistan". The land and our ancestors. Read and understand before you mouth off.

Have a look at these maps and educate yourslf instead of eing delusional.

Alexander+the+Great%2527s+Journey.png

bNBYmiV.png

ONNWssI.png

The world knows the facts.

2009.03.18+%2820%29_resize.jpg

2009.03.18+%2818%29_resize.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom