What's new

WHEN CHINA BECOMES NO.1, WHAT HAPPENS THEN?

@FairAndUnbiased

I do believe that the reason of why a nation become superpower is their distinctive moral ground and their ability to create stability to the world.

Like Roman empire which give law and order to the world and create stability in Europe. Roman people itself is from Central Asian people based on history. I dont talk whole Roman empire period. It is always much much better than Barbarian German who become The West Today at that time.

That is also similar reason of why USA becomes like Today, its power brings more benefit to the world. Its initiative to come to WW 2 is something that we all must appreciate. USA also a leading force to bring the world together under UN and fight Communism during cold war along with many powers like Muslim countries.

As I said in the end of my writing that if the current superpower starts to act abusive, they will likely to lose the power as well. And my opinion doesnt act against China rise though, as I see that power will likely to be changed through human history and now we are witnessing multipolar world is emerging.

Where do you get this information lol? Romans were purebred Europeans. If you can't even get this right I can't take your argument seriously.

Where do you get this information lol? Romans were purebred Europeans. If you can't even get this right I can't take your argument seriously.

It means you are not really that curious, or maybe your family (your dad) didnt provide his families with enough books. German people is people that the world say as Westeners/ White, they are different with the early Rome people.

The first Roman tribe are come from Central Asia according to Historian and of course Central Asia people looks like White as well. They migrated and rule Europe. So in the end they are mixed with local people.

First learn who is actually White guy. In the past, they are described as Barbarian. All of them come from German Today. That German people attack Rome empire, migrate, and then rule the West.

Germanic peoples - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Have to admire people's naiveties on the internet.

If China do become number 1, nothing would happen and US foreign policy will stay the same, and the only thing changes is Chinese will be richer than before, not a lot too.

People need to realise, US foreign policy goes on the US National Interest, not China, the only way China can remotely influence US Foreign Policy is by Militarily stronger than the US, and become world number 1 in the Militaries. The problem is, this is not going to happen soon, not in the next 50 years. or even I doubt would this be actually happening at all. But then even if China get to a point where their military strength is greater than US, or to some extend, NATO, that does not mean China will intervene on US Foreign Policy.

It's even funnier to see people saying China influence in South America will lead to Proxy war with the US, would any South American government, no matter how stupid they are, would actually start a war with the US and totally counting on China support? Look at the map, US can have a land invasion route to any South American country. While China have to cross a sea called the Pacific, and the Pacific is the playground for US military, and Hawaii is a choke point for most of the shipping East Bound thru the pacific... . It would be quite literally stupid for any South American leader to think they could start a war with the US with support coming in from China via an ocean that was controlled by the United States...

Economically, Trade and Politic are two separate entity, you can have trade partner with everybody, but you can only have one political affiliation, just because someone is trading with you does not mean they have to buy your political goal as well. In fact, if history are any sort of indication, the situation is almost always opposite. People would simply take your money, and run.

Another point being, even China beats US in term of GDP in any way or form, it would still be decades before China become prosper, do bear in mind even with China beating US GDP in number, China also beat US in population, by a very big margin, and what do you think Chinese would do? Go around the world and start making trouble? Or stay home and work on her other population? What do you think?

LOL - When China develops fully it would control around 1/3rd of total world GDP.

It simply needs a military that can pretty much take on and beat the rest of the world in order to stay this rich. US will simply become a Western Hemisphere power within one generation from now.

There are a lot of very naive kids posting here who simply do not realise that economic power and military power are one and the same for an independent power.

The truth is that China, during the most part of human history, had been always on the top, Chinese Empire just declined in the past couple of centuries so what China is doing now is more of reclaiming the top spot in the world.

LOL - When China develops fully it would control around 1/3rd of total world GDP.

It simply needs a military that can pretty much take on and beat the rest of the world in order to stay this rich. US will simply become a Western Hemisphere power within one generation from now.

There are a lot of very naive kids posting here who simply do not realise that economic power and military power are one and the same for an independent power.

You are right, You are naïve.......

Do tell me, if Military Power and Independent Power are one and the same, do tell why Iran is not still under US Control? Or Bolivia? Or Venezuela? You have 0 knowledge how Military Works, and 0 Knowledge on how Economy works.

And I indeed laugh out real loud when you say China will be 1/3 of world GDP. Do you even know how much World GDP is? It's 108 Trillion dollars. Do you know how much Chinese GDP is? and How much it would take to reach 40 Trillions? Even if China stay 7% growth It would take China 50 years to get to 30 Trillions.

LOL. You make me laugh...

You are thinking about Holy Roman Empire, not the Ancient Roman Empire or Roman Republic.

Roman Republic (510 BC) rooted from Troy, modern day Anatolia, Turkey, which lies in Asia Minor.

Holy Roman Empire (962 AD) rooted from Modern Day Germany.

Roman is not native to Rome, Italy.....Maybe some book will help you with your history knowledge.

Roman Empire - All About Turkey

Hi,

Russia already knows that there is no stopping china and china will move ahead and Russia will not be able to catch it---and I will tell you that russia has already accepted that position.

They are being realistic---they are going to attach their fortunes with china and go for the ride. There is no issue of conflict between these two nations---.

China has a population problem and its population will move into neighboring russia but it will stay as russia----.

After the loss of its major ally India---russia does not have much to fall back on---it will accept china as a leading partner---and life will move along fine for them.

Yes well currently the Russians can claim to have military superiority over the Chinese, but with the Chinese economy literally 5 times the size of the Russian one, and this will only increase , as China's military defense expenditure surpasses the $200 Billion range, we can expect that in the coming decade , the Chinese will eclipse Russia as being militarily superior. This does not necessarily mean that Russia will cease to be a major arms producer, which won't since Russia excels in military research and currently is one of the leading arms exporter in the world. However, as Chinese military industrial complex secures all major components in the assembly process --- she will no longer depend on Russian technology , as the Chinese have shown the capability to be ingenuity after they secure credible military data --- they improve upon it. No doubt that in the next coming decades the Chinese will be a far greater rival and military power than what she is now. I suppose we have to resign to the fact that Chinese leadership will maintain their rational and non-interventionist foreign policy initiatives.

Because if the Chinese Leadership decides to apply a unilateral doctrine --- then, well, the world is in for a run for its money. :)

You are right, You are naïve.......

Do tell me, if Military Power and Independent Power are one and the same, do tell why Iran is not still under US Control? Or Bolivia? Or Venezuela? You have 0 knowledge how Military Works, and 0 Knowledge on how Economy works.

And I indeed laugh out real loud when you say China will be 1/3 of world GDP. Do you even know how much World GDP is? It's 108 Trillion dollars. Do you know how much Chinese GDP is? and How much it would take to reach 40 Trillions? Even if China stay 7% growth It would take China 50 years to get to 30 Trillions.

LOL. You make me laugh...

Kid - my brain can crunch numbers till the cows come home. You simply are not able to think at anywhere near the level I am.

Let us take your example of 7% Chinese growth. China is at 11 trillion in nominal which is 18 trillion in PPP - remember that as China gets more and more industrialised the nominal and PPP which eventually converge.

Let us take the low figure of 11 trilllion. Say 7% growth then we are looking at a doubling every decade. So after by 2025 it is 22, 44 trillion by 2035 and 88 trillion by 2045. So where does this number of 50 years to get to 30 trillion come from?

You have zero understanding of economics which comes from an ineptitude in mathematics.

Yes well currently the Russians can claim to have military superiority over the Chinese, but with the Chinese economy literally 5 times the size of the Russian one, and this will only increase , as China's military defense expenditure surpasses the $200 Billion range, we can expect that in the coming decade , the Chinese will eclipse Russia as being militarily superior. This does not necessarily mean that Russia will cease to be a major arms producer, which won't since Russia excels in military research and currently is one of the leading arms exporter in the world. However, as Chinese military industrial complex secures all major components in the assembly process --- she will no longer depend on Russian technology , as the Chinese have shown the capability to be ingenuity after they secure credible military data --- they improve upon it. No doubt that in the next coming decades the Chinese will be a far greater rival and military power than what she is now. I suppose we have to resign to the fact that Chinese leadership will maintain their rational and non-interventionist foreign policy initiatives.

Because if the Chinese Leadership decides to apply a unilateral doctrine --- then, well, the world is in for a run for its money. :)

My friend - China will have no choice but to become actively involved in all parts of the planet in order to gain and secure her prosperity.

This means a military that will eventually even surpass the US one in military power- Chinese know this will happen but most dont want to say it out loud.

It is naive to believe that China TODAY does not have an interventionist foreign policy.

Ask the Africans.

People praise China's 'soft power', but do they know and understand that soft power to influence foreign countries into doing things in China's favor, usually economics, is in itself an interventionist foreign policy ?

Guess not.

China is not that far from employing hard power for her benefits, in fact, that China used the cover of a UN peacekeeping mission in South Sudan to send her military is the equivalent of dipping her toes into the hard power interventionist foreign policy. In South Sudan, China use both soft and hard power when she presented herself as mediator in that civil war. China's foreign minister said...

China in South Sudan: Practical Responsibility | The Diplomat
“China is mediating between Sudan and South Sudan not for its own interests but acting on the responsibilities and obligations of a responsible world power,”
See the highlighted ?

An obligation can come from many sources. Familial ties, for example. Another source is moralities. Alms are given not because the giver owed anyone in the legal sense but that he felt an unseen but compelling force to give without asking for reciprocity. Assuming that China, via Minister Wang Yi, was actually acting out altruism, and not of self interests, China effectively declared she is prepared to stand on moral principles instead of economic self interests. Moral principles ALWAYS produces compelling reasons to act.

When China had to rescue her citizens out of Libya because Daffy could not ensure foreigners' safety, that was an EXPLICIT expression of hard power. Her military did what the Libyans either could not or failed to do.

So the Chinese members here should drop the pretense of national humility. China is already acting like the US, albeit in a smaller scale, but that will not stay small for long.

Kid - my brain can crunch numbers till the cows come home. You simply are not able to think at anywhere near the level I am.

Let us take your example of 7% Chinese growth. China is at 11 trillion in nominal which is 18 trillion in PPP - remember that as China gets more and more industrialised the nominal and PPP which eventually converge.

Let us take the low figure of 11 trilllion. Say 7% growth then we are looking at a doubling every decade. So after by 2025 it is 22, 44 trillion by 2035 and 88 trillion by 2045. So where does this number of 50 years to get to 30 trillion come from?

You have zero understanding of economics which comes from an ineptitude in mathematics.

My friend - China will have no choice but to become actively involved in all parts of the planet in order to gain and secure her prosperity.

This means a military that will eventually even surpass the US one in military power- Chinese know this will happen but most dont want to say it out loud.

lol, whatever you say, you are the god of mathematics, and economic.

No intention to get into serious debate with troll.

And by the way, yes, by the end of 2045, the world would still have 108 trillion GDP. So while China gain almost 30 trillion GDP, some where in the world will lose 30 trillion GDP I supposed?

Whit a rising Chinese power, its most likely that they will abandon their non-interventionist policy in the future. The USA where once also non-interventionist, but with rising power more and more responsibilities will come. And more interests to safeguard.

i hope they can share the responsibilities equally instead of trying to conflicting between each other, have two police to guarding the home is always better than one.....

Neither US nor China interested in a conflict of each other .It is simple both economies are so interlinked .
And it will remain like that even in future.But US will always maintain a huge military .So for next two decades US remains far more powerful than China .But Russia will contract because of their demographic problem and shrinking economy

Hi,

Russia already knows that there is no stopping china and china will move ahead and Russia will not be able to catch it---and I will tell you that russia has already accepted that position.

They are being realistic---they are going to attach their fortunes with china and go for the ride. There is no issue of conflict between these two nations---.

China has a population problem and its population will move into neighboring russia but it will stay as russia----.

After the loss of its major ally India---russia does not have much to fall back on---it will accept china as a leading partner---and life will move along fine for them.

Loss??
Funny ??
There is no loss but more competition .Russians cant find any market for their products in China .Russians are too proud they wont accept China; superiority in their turf .So losing India would the last thing that they want .:D

You are not anwsering my question. I was just curious about your statement on morality and Berlin Blockade.

human standard about morality is evolving and different regarding the differences in cultures between countries,

By Roman standard, Crucifixion is more acceptable compared to impaling and boiling the enemies alive. The Japanese warrior regarding beheading enemies is morally acceptable compared to imprisoned enemies and torturing them like what the Chinese did. And by today standard, anything regarding to capital punishment is not acceptable anymore except in some countries.

Have to admire people's naiveties on the internet.

If China do become number 1, nothing would happen and US foreign policy will stay the same, and the only thing changes is Chinese will be richer than before, not a lot too.

People need to realise, US foreign policy goes on the US National Interest, not China, the only way China can remotely influence US Foreign Policy is by Militarily stronger than the US, and become world number 1 in the Militaries. The problem is, this is not going to happen soon, not in the next 50 years. or even I doubt would this be actually happening at all. But then even if China get to a point where their military strength is greater than US, or to some extend, NATO, that does not mean China will intervene on US Foreign Policy.

It's even funnier to see people saying China influence in South America will lead to Proxy war with the US, would any South American government, no matter how stupid they are, would actually start a war with the US and totally counting on China support? Look at the map, US can have a land invasion route to any South American country. While China have to cross a sea called the Pacific, and the Pacific is the playground for US military, and Hawaii is a choke point for most of the shipping East Bound thru the pacific... . It would be quite literally stupid for any South American leader to think they could start a war with the US with support coming in from China via an ocean that was controlled by the United States...

Economically, Trade and Politic are two separate entity, you can have trade partner with everybody, but you can only have one political affiliation, just because someone is trading with you does not mean they have to buy your political goal as well. In fact, if history are any sort of indication, the situation is almost always opposite. People would simply take your money, and run.

Another point being, even China beats US in term of GDP in any way or form, it would still be decades before China become prosper, do bear in mind even with China beating US GDP in number, China also beat US in population, by a very big margin, and what do you think Chinese would do? Go around the world and start making trouble? Or stay home and work on her other population? What do you think?

Absolutely.
Perhaps in future US cant exert their pressure like they did during last two decades after Cold war in geopolitics that is they should have to consider other nations opinion like India ,Japan etc .But still US remain one step ahead than others because of the same reason that you mentioned in there.

When China becomes NO.1, among many things, this will more likely happen: Gordon Chang's true identity is finally reviewed to the world as the chief of China Overseas Bureau of Camouflage. He receives the Medal of Liberation from Chinese government for his courage and outstanding deception results, and apology from Chinese people for misunderstanding him.

Back
Top Bottom