What's new

whats your 'fav drink'

Have you people thought that why a lots of pakistanis and indians drink whiskey----?

Anyway---different drinks for different occassions----.

Eating lamb---I like a nice dry cabernet savignon----.

At a club----captain Morgan and coke----or a screw driver---and some kamikazi shooters.

For some of you who like to drink and don't know what to get in a club---what to buy to enjoy your drink at a bar---instead of the bitter tasting whiskey---try the rum and coke----specially if you have captain Morgan available----absolutely delicious and smooth----gives a very very nice even and smooth high that you can adjust with your mood and don't get violent like it does with whiskey.

Even better is redbull with either rum or whiskey. I hate coke/pepsi in any form.

Any how being from hot Pakistan, my favorite drinks are Lassi in morning and Beer in afternoon.

On dinner out, i would like to have red grape wine.

Malabari/Kerala Chai(Actually "Chaaya") are of few types.the one with Milk Added is Common Tea.

another Malabar Special - without Milk,with slight lemon,pepper : "Sulemani or Sulaimaani tea".Hope you've heard about that.
Infact, People from Malabar area of Kerala runs most Bakery Chains in South India,Even upto Mumbai and Beyond.Thalassery is most Famous for Bakeries.

Malabaris are also famous for Desi Shakes called "Sharjah"(called Saarja in Banglore) Shake,Saudi Shake etc etc Which are thick Milk Shakes and tastes Different.First Invented in Calicut(Kozhikode) in the end of 1980s.Now a Days Commonly Available in South India.
Not a big fan of sulemani, locals here love it. The mint leaves soon make the whole chai a little bitter and if you don't brew it long enough then the caffeine strength is not strong enough.

It is common tea, but they do it best... The only varieties I like are either Zafrani Chai or Illaichi (Cardamom) chai.

I thought I did. 10 cups of tea in a day is normal.

Was hooked on Malbari ki chai - those guys know tea, but then I gave up drinking meethi chai, and our Malayalee friends add sugar by the ton.

Now... I'm mostly stuck with tea-bag chai - its horrible but I still drink it a lot.

10 cups of tea in a day is normal.
^:woot::woot:
Depends on your cup size!
images

6a00d83453be8869e2011570885cb5970b-500wi

So what cup size are you? (Girls, please don’t answer this)

Its horrible :D. Tea-bag wali hoti hai. Some coffee shops add in Chai Flavor shots to milk and give it as Chai latte.

Horrible.

Nothing top's Malbari chai, trust me. You should see how much money these guys make, there are places here dedicated to serving chai, cars drive in pick up their chai and drive off. It's like if you're free, thinking of something to do? Go get some chai. We've heard all these chai walas have palaces back in Kerala.

Ustaad ji, truck hotel chai ka koi moqabala nahi, i consider making a latte at home cumbersome. The truck hotel chai, espacially the one in those pea sized cups and the tea that is being boiled and over-boiled since last night :lol:.

BTW, i prefer tea bags at home.

1. Chilled Water. Nothing even comes closer to water.

2. Chilled Strong Coca Cola.

For the afternoons, Me like Gin and Tonic.
top_invisible.jpg

In the evenings, though you don't get it easily here in Hyderabad,
Guinness.
Guinness.jpg

Of the non-alcoholic variety, the peerless Roohafza....
rooh-afza-recipe.jpg
:smitten:

Lichee ka juice bhi acha hota hai waise
par woh drink nahi hai...... par piya to jaata hai naa :lol:

@Sattu lovers

I love sattu ka juice too :)

Lassi,
Banan Shake,
Cold Coffee
Dhood Patti(Tea)(ten times a day)
And often on Rainy Days Kashmiri Chai

Last edited:
Ustaad ji, truck hotel chai ka koi moqabala nahi, i consider making a latte at home cumbersome. The truck hotel chai, espacially the one in those pea sized cups and the tea that is being boiled and over-boiled since last night :lol:.

BTW, i prefer tea bags at home.
Truck hotel ka kabhi mauka nahi mila :D. But once on my trip to Wagah border, the person actually went to the cow, and got fresh milk out and then made the tea.

I think the problem I have with Pakistan's tea making style is the milk they use, they use fresh milk while we in the middle east are hooked on to evaporated (not powdered) milk. Not to do any free advertisement here but Rainbow milk wali chai hi assli chai hoti hai :P.

Most people out of the ME have not even heard of rainbow, but the milk adds absolutely zero smell of milk and basically requires only 10% of what you'd add with fresh

Lassi,
Banan Shake,
Cold Coffee
Dhood Patti(Tea)(ten times a day)
And often on Rainy Days Kashmiri Chai

Its my fav too, high quality thick buffalo milk + Tajmahal Tea = awesome taste.

@ others - no water is added for making Doodh Patti tea. I can't do with a cup of tea with a plenty of water.

Not all people can drink Doodh Patti though. Its very filling with rich calories.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom