What's new

What's with Call of Duty games and their hate against the Muslims and Quran?

Goritoes

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

Recently COD's newest release vanguard game has a disrespectful depiction of Quran, being scattered on the floor in one of their zombie maps, makes you wonder it can not be a mistake that people know what they are putting up in a game, and this wasn't the first they did that, in another COD modern warfare 2 game, in a mission in brazil there was Quran written on top of a toilet seat, again such things don't happen by mistakes.

they must have a redneck creative director

It is intentional marketing strategy to create controversy there by giving game more publicity to boost sales. A regular guy playing the games wouldn't even look at whats written on a toilet seat or pages are lying on the ground, all the focus being on shooting nazis and killing zombies.

Call of Duty is considered "haram" anyways and if you are a pious Muslim you shouldn't be playing it in the first place.

The toilet seat thing in the OP is certainly done in bad taste, but the Quran pages strewn in a zombie apocalypse is possibly a realistic depiction in a middle eastern environment.

"Whilst some such as Sh. Dr. Haitham al-Haddad on the Islam Net Youtube channel explains that video games are not in itself haram, the content and use of the game can be. Take into consideration other things that are forbidden, such as murder, alcohol or drug use, and gambling. Playing games that contain such acts are considered haram."

Well in case you missed out Call of Duty Games are mostly taking place on Muslim Country /cities
Mainly popularized during invasion of Iraq 2005-Present

The games were developed at peak of the Invasions in Middle East

Since these games have developed a cult following the game makers continue to churn out the same Title every 2-3 years with minor changes

Video games were identified as a means to lure in new Soldiers , to commit to Military so it is a soft recruitment tool

Now usage of "Controversial elements" of course is something new , as most of time they just use gibberish Arabic text on walls

Game levels are designed by Engineer/Artist not difficult to know who designed a particular portion of game

Last edited:

Recently COD's newest release vanguard game has a disrespectful depiction of Quran, being scattered on the floor in one of their zombie maps, makes you wonder it can not be a mistake that people know what they are putting up in a game, and this wasn't the first they did that, in another COD modern warfare 2 game, in a mission in brazil there was Quran written on top of a toilet seat, again such things don't happen by mistakes.

Probably some Muslim-hater developer. Who knows. People do weird $hit if they think they can get away with it. Show them the possible real repercussions and they don't try crap like that again.

The best comeback to give for that is to develop another SPS game (with appropriate "return" diss references just in the right places) and then put it up on multiplayer platforms online. I am not a gamer myself but I know of several Dhaka developer houses who have developed online games like that. I can dig up the names if you guys are interested. I've seen some footage and they were quite good, Maybe not as good as COD 2 but close....

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom