What's new

Chinese scientists war-game hypersonic strike on US carrier group in South China Sea, US carrier group could be destroyed ‘with certainty’

It's not bragging, it's a study, there are also other studies showing US could have pyrrhic victory, do you call all of them "bragging" just because they didn't happen?
Study is when you do the study and keep it close to your chest, bragging is talking about said study about how you wouuld sink the US Carrier

Hence the analogy "Barking dog don't bite"

I know as a matter of fact that such "study" was also carried out in the US, but you will never hear them. Because it would have been under guard and under secrecy, because you don't want your enemy to know you have a way to deal with their force, you want to be like Ukraine, they don't brag on how to kill Russian, they just did, with our help.

Chinese hypersonic missiles 'can destroy newest US aircraft carrier'​

In a recent war game, Beijing forces sank the USS Gerald R. Ford fleet with a volley of 24 anti-ship missiles in a three-way attack

ByNicola Smith, ASIA CORRESPONDENT
24 May 2023 • 10:55am

China’s hypersonic weapons could destroy the US Navy’s newest aircraft carrier in a recent war game, Chinese scientists have claimed.

Computer simulations run by a research team on a war game software platform used byChina’s military showed Chinese forces sinking the USS Gerald R. Ford carrier fleet with a volley of 24 hypersonic anti-ship missiles, reported the South China Morning Post.

It said the results of the hypersonic strikes had been made public for the first time, in a paper published in May by the Chinese-language Journal of Test and Management Technology.

Military planners often used computer-generated battle scenarios to game out strategies but experts warn they cannot be overly relied upon in real-life conflict where terrain, weather and other unforeseen factors can disrupt weaponry.

The scenario was based on an attack on US vessels that proceeded towards an island claimed by China in the disputed South China Sea. Researchers said some of the missiles in the three-wave attack were fired from as far away as the Gobi Desert.

Diplomatic confrontations over the resource rich waterway have escalated in recent years amid overlapping territorial claims between Beijing and other regional nations.

As China extends its reach, claiming and militarising islands, reefs and rocks, the US Navy has stepped up its own freedom of navigation patrols.

Alongside the build-up of its naval capabilities, China has also been developing its missile arsenal at a rapid pace, including hypersonic technology.

According to a leak of a top-secret report by the US Joint Chiefs of Staff intelligence directorate in February, the Chinese military had three days earlier successfully tested a new hypersonic intermediate-range ballistic missile called the DF-27.

The document said the DF-27 possessed a high probability of being able to evade US ballistic missile defence and was designed to boost Beijing’s ability to strike large parts of the Pacific, including the US territory of Guam, which hosts a strategic military base.

It also revealed that last year, China deployed versions of the new missile that can attack land targets and ships, and that the DF-27 has greater potential as a “carrier killer” than its predecessors.

In the latest war game, researchers from the North University of China concluded that almost every US surface vessel was shattered by the hypersonic attack and eventually sank.

continuing to approach a China-claimed island in the South China Sea despite repeated warnings.
Highly unlikely this happens in the real world. US military has become quite the chickenshit in recent years if you look at how it was trying to avoid direct conflict with Iran and Russia

They attack a CBG, we end their 2000 or so year old civilization. End of story. @jhungary what do you think man? :usflag:
You even think of "ending" China, and you would get 100 nuclear weapons hitting every major military base and city in US.

Sometimes in life it's good to be realistic and not a keyboard warrior.

as they said, barking dog don't bite, if you have to tow it with this much fanfare, chances are that is not working out for you.

I mean, you can let them try lol. But don't regret that if it doesn't work.
Keep LOL.. LOL. Weren't you one of the 'hyped' up guys on this board touting the Patriot shot down the Russian Kinzhal? LOL Fools, a bunch of ignorant fools. F****** stupid. Go ahead, send your turtle sheriff go after the rabbit bandits. LOL and LOL..

Keep LOL.. LOL. Weren't you one of the 'hyped' up guys on this board touting the Patriot shot down the Russian Kinzhal? LOL Fools, a bunch of ignorant fools. F****** stupid. Go ahead, send your turtle sheriff go after the rabbit bandits. LOL and LOL..
dude, maybe learn some English before you type? I can hardly understand what you wrote here.

And I never even said anything about Patriot intercepting Kinzhal by the way, either you have some memory issue or mental issue, because you are seeing things.

...Means 'Chinese physics' were involved.
OMG we're doomed!!!
As within 10 minutes prior to all out attack on Taiwan, the bases in Japan and Guam and Okinawa and Taiwan be figments of memories.
And your Beijing with Winnie the Pooh just a hole in the ground
When China was still almost in stone age condition
But till now your brains are still in the stone age level. Right @gambit ? :yahoo:
Then they end your 200 year old civilization. Win-win
We can make your 51 Year Old Bangladesh a hole in the ground too you like?
And you want US to be wiped out from the earth too ?
If you can do it, you would have done it a long time ago.
lol, if it is this way, then why brag about you can sink a CBG?

"Oh, I could do it but I won't?"
But... but.. but.. They said they can sink an AC just like that!??! @jhungary you you you!!! I'm confused now man!!!
And we also end yours. The Russians will join in as well while we are at it. Why do you think Miley called to reassure Xi Trump won't go crazy?
Lol your Daddy Russia can't even beat Ukraine with our most basic weapons. You can invite half the world and you won't even beat Taiwan.
You even think of "ending" China, and you would get 100 nuclear weapons hitting every major military base and city in US.

Sometimes in life it's good to be realistic and not a keyboard warrior.
Naaaah. I've served. Did you? Aside from serving Chinese dimsum I mean?
dude, maybe learn some English before you type? I can hardly understand what you wrote here.

And I never even said anything about Patriot intercepting Kinzhal by the way, either you have some memory issue or mental issue, because you are seeing things.
@jhungary We're doomed! The Chicoms are coming!!! hahahahahahaha!!!

OMG we're doomed!!!

But till now your brains are still in the stone age level. Right @gambit ? :yahoo:

But... but.. but.. They said they can sink an AC just like that!??! @jhungary you you you!!! I'm confused now man!!!

Lol your Daddy Russia can't even beat Ukraine with our most basic weapons. You can invite half the world and you won't even beat Taiwan.

Russia is our daddy? Lol. Without us, their whole economy would have collapsed. Well I am a realist, if you think US can destroy China, then you must also understand China can also destroy US. What do you think our ICBMs and hypersonic missiles are for? We have more ICBMs than US mate. Nobody knows how many warheads we have, and I don't think you would want to find out. The question is whether US would risk their existence for Taiwan? From the Ukrainian war, it seems daddy USA can only resort to arms peddling and fight till the last Ukrainian. Lol

:yahoo:

Yes you can but we are not China, we are not saying we will sink your CBG. Follow the conversation.

OMG we're doomed!!!

I will say "please just take my money and leave" LOL

Yes you can but we are not China, we are not saying we will sink your CBG. Follow the conversation.
monkey-happy.gif

EVEN I NEVER SAID CHINA WILL SINK THE CBGs

WHO THE FCCK CARE ABOUT SINKING CBGs

WHEN THE SHIPS AND CARRIERS ARE BURNING FROM END TO END,
FROM THE FUEL ON BOARD AND ORDNANCE ON BOARD , AND THE PAINT

AND THE FLESH AND OIL OF MURICAN MEN AND WOMEN

THEY ALL CAN REMAIN AFLOAT FOREVER TO GIVE SOLACE TO MURICA AND THEIR RUNNING DOGGIES AND BROWN NOSERS THAT NONE OF THEM SUNK AT ALL

ja.gif

Any time USA want to tango, China will tango with USA

A hit from Chinese AShCM will be sufficient for it to be over for any USA carrier.

Estimated China got 3000++ of AShCMs

But it is more likely Chinese be firing 100 such missiles at single USA carrier.

No shit about bulkheads and spaces to contain the hellfire that will likely engulf the entire carrier.
WHEN ENTIRE SHIP CANNOT CONTAIN THE HELLFIRE, DONT TALK CRAP THAT BULKHEADS AND SPACES CAN CONTAIN THAT KIND OF HELLFIRE

And not just the warhead, there will be 2–3 tons of missiles coming behind the warhead at Mach 3 tearing into the bulkheads and ordnance and aviation fuel and the poor men and women in the carrier. Those 2–3 tons of missile body will be tearing in the bulkheads faster and more deadly then APFSDS. Andf carrying its own unburned fuel to add to the fun.
Even steel will burn when hit with hell fire and tons of steel and debris coming in at Mach 3. The aviation fuel, and paint on walls, the bombs and ordnance will all cook off and add to the huge huge fire inside the carrier. Regardless if carrier under Condition Zebra or Donkey or Jackass.
The brave sailors in those carriers will not care or worry and be happy that their carrier not sinking. And only burning and burning from one end to the other end.

main-qimg-020f2d1218eb98e954cf7c5815126ca6

main-qimg-ee3dec2a61d0bb0dab514b9fa1542a5b

Chinese have about 3,000 of these kind of AShCMs.

In the form of Mach 3–4 YJ-12s carrying 400–500 semi shaped charge warheads, fired outside the AEGIS cover. The YJ-12 can also do evasive maneuvers to avoid anti-missile threats.

YJ-12 - Wikipedia

There is also the YJ-18 with reach exceeding Aegis cover. YJ-18 will start off at sub Mach 1. Until about 20 km from target , it will sprint at Mach 3–4 to deliver good news to the carrier .

China's YJ-18 Supersonic Anti-Ship Cruise Missile: America's Nightmare?

This Chinese description relates that the missile’s great strength is its “亚超结合的独特动力” [subsonic and supersonic combined unique propulsion]. Another term applied to this design is “双速制反舰导弹” [dual speed control ASCM]. As explained in the article, it is projected that YJ-18 would have an initial subsonic phase estimated at .8 Mach similar to the Klub of about 180km, but 20km from the target would unleash the supersonic sprint vehicle at speed of Mach 2.5 to 3. The “dual speed” function allows the system to realize certain advantages of subsonic cruise missiles, such as their “relatively long range, light weight and universality …” but also takes the chief advantage of supersonic ASCMs as well, namely the ability to “大幅压缩敌方的反应时间” [radically compress the enemy’s reaction time].

The Chinese article relates another advantage of the “dual speed” approach. Just as the missile comes into contact with the ship’s defenses, it “sheds the medium stage …,” thus simultaneously and dramatically altering both its speed and also its radar reflection, “which would impact the fire control calculation.” The likelihood that YJ-18 improves upon the Klub missile’s “digitization, automation, as well as providing more intelligent flight control and navigation technology” is attributed in the Chinese article to a recent Jane’s report.

Back
Top Bottom