What's new

What's the role of Qaher aircraft?

Qaher is a good science project. Its role in battle is to be a flying duck.

I'm one of those who thought it'll at least fly.

Why do you pretend to know something while obviously you don't?

bending wings will increase the maneuverability and stability of the aircraft. contrary to your BS, supersonic XB-70 Valkyrie was designed to bend its wings downward only during high speed flights (mach 3). LOL, powered glider!
So, Qaher can bend its wings and then straighten it? If that is the case, I take back my words. But if the wings are permanently bent, then there is a problem

And you are ignorant. I am not here to indulge you, but your aerodynamic knowledge is amateur to say the least. So stop wasting my time. It's not called drooped wing, its called anhedral wing. And there is good reason for why. How about you read about it before commenting nonsense. If reading is too hard then go watch some youtube clips. Furthermore if you have not done any CFD analysis on this configuration then how the hell can you know the airflow pattern huh? Can you tell me where the laminar flow is and where it goes to turbulent. And how it changes in various pitch, yaw and roll angles. Of course the F not. You are just an insignificant fool who thinks you can come over here and teach us about flight.
Anhedral wings is when entire wing from the fuselage is bent down. Qaher has most of the wing almost flat and then suddenly bends down at the tip. It is drooped wing. One simply doesn't bend the tip of the wing so drastically as in Qaher.

Assalamu Alaikum.
I understand that it's supposed to be an stealth aircraft. But what's the role it's gonna play? Close air support?I doubt it'll be air superiority as Iran has no experience building an air superiority jet yet.CAS seems viable as it has been producing such aircrafts for a while.
Hoping to learn more from the more knowledgable members.

well officially its close air support / trainer fighter jet that can carry 6 air to air missile in its internal weapons bay or 2x2000 pond bombs and more if you want to attach them under the wings too. its our first try to build some thing close to 5th generation fighters and yes if we are reverse engineering RD-33 engines then it could be a full size fighter jet. we only have reverse engineered J-85 engines for now.

Iranian OWJ engine

IranEngine.jpg

RD-33 engine

RD-33.jpg

well officially its close air support / trainer fighter jet that can carry 6 air to air missile in its internal weapons bay or 2x2000 pond bombs and more if you want to attach them under the wings too. its our first try to build some thing close to 5th generation fighters and yes if we are reverse engineering RD-33 engines then it could be a full size fighter jet. we only have reverse engineered J-85 engines for now.

Iranian OWJ engine

IranEngine.jpg

RD-33 engine

RD-33.jpg
Can't the jet carry 3 engines? I have been wondering for a while if planes can carry 3 like airliners but unsure.

iran is atleast trying for 5th Gen even facing all kind of sanctions. we should encourage there effort. 5th gen is not an easy task.
ask india about LCA which is 6th/7th Gen fighter.

Can't the jet carry 3 engines? I have been wondering for a while if planes can carry 3 like airliners but unsure.

technically it can if the third one is under the belly or on top but you have to sacrifice everything which doesn't make sense ( like efficiency of the third engine working properly in landing or take off, or fuel capacity will go down a lot, and you can kiss the internal weapons bay good bye, and other things ) but your theory will work for big bombers as they have a lot of space then you can line all of your engines below its belly and not just 3 but 6 engines so it will work better as the fighter jet gets bigger and bigger but as always you need to sacrifice something to achieve this. so not easy or even worthy but possible.

1280px-north_american_xb-70_above_runway_ecn-792.jpg

thumb-1920-661024.jpg

technically it can if the third one is under the belly or on top but you have to sacrifice everything which doesn't make sense ( like efficiency of the third engine working properly in landing or take off, or fuel capacity will go down a lot, and you can kiss the internal weapons bay good bye, and other things ) but your theory will work for big bombers as they have a lot of space then you can line all of your engines below its belly and not just 3 but 6 engines so it will work better as the fighter jet gets bigger and bigger but as always you need to sacrifice something to achieve this. so not easy or even worthy but possible.

1280px-north_american_xb-70_above_runway_ecn-792.jpg

thumb-1920-661024.jpg
Also, Iran could try developing regional passenger plane with Chinese help. I think something like Yak-40 would work with Owj engine because of similar thrust between Owj and engine used in Yak-40.

1024px-Volga-Dnepr_-_Yakovlev_Yak-40.jpg

General characteristics

• Crew: 3 (two pilots, one flight mechanic)
  • Capacity: 32 passengers
  • Length: 20.36 m (66 ft 10 in)
  • Wingspan: 25 m (82 ft 0 in)
  • Height: 6.5 m (21 ft 4 in)
  • Wing area: 70 m2 (750 sq ft)
  • Empty weight: 9,400 kg (20,723 lb)
  • Max takeoff weight: 15,500 kg (34,172 lb)
  • Powerplant: 3 × Ivchenko AI-25 turbofan engines, 14.7 kN (3,300 lbf) thrust each
Performance

• Cruise speed: 550 km/h (340 mph, 300 kn) at 7,000 m (22,966 ft) max cruise
  • Range: 1,800 km (1,100 mi, 970 nmi)
  • Service ceiling: 8,000 m (26,000 ft) [100]
  • Rate of climb: 8 m/s (1,600 ft/min)

Back
Top Bottom