What's new

Whats PAF thinking ?

Ra's al Ghul

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
I want to ask whats PAF thinking ? how much time they will take to decide to go for another platform like 4 or 4.5 Gen aircrafts ? how much time PAF will take to watch the moves of IAF ? you just cant sit Idle.

just take a look at what will we have after 10 to 12 years :

after 10 to 12 years, we will have most likely 250 (100 with AESA and 150 Non-AESA) JF-17 Thunders only.

F-16 Blk 40/50/C/D will start to retire as Jammer bhayya said in some other thread.

and if we go for the 5th Gen option NOW, thn we will have some 40 to 50 J-31.

so what we will have in our inventory is :

250 Jf-17s
40 or 50 J-31 (probably).

so we are going to miss some 100 or 150, 4.5th Gen aircrafts. i really like the Jf-17 project and i know it will be a potent interceptor/defence fighter. but you just cant pitch JF-17 against with every aircraft of IAF.

as we will going to replace F-16s in 10 to 12 years we have to choose our option NOW.
like Turky is going to replace its F-16s with its TFX project.
thn why PAF isnt thinking about this ?

I have read the news on internet and i have read it somewhere in PDF also few months ago that MoD have told the senate that PAF needs 40 to 50 latest aircrafts, so i am assuming its 4.5th Gen.

after that, its all silence. no words from anywhere. all i hear on PDF is that PAF is on the Wait and Watch mood. becoz India is still have to replace there old jets.

what i want to know that, IAF just started to negotiate with other countries (like Rafales, Gripens etc ), thn whats PAF doing now ?

the options we have in the market for 4.5th Gen aircraft:

Su-35 ( Russia, not gonna happen)
Typhoon ( good option but to much expensive )
J-10s (with AESA) is the only option we have.

i know that PAF is not intrested in J-10s after JF-17s production, but you cant compare the both.

J-10s are superior to Jf-17 in every aspect except AESA factor.
J-10s have 11 Hard points. its bigger and with AESA Radar it will be badder for enemies.

J-31, its still mystery , dont know how much chinese bros are intrested in this project.
but even if we have to go for 5th Gen option thn we have to choose it NOW. i dont understand why PAF is waiting to take decision as if they have some other options are available.

i dont find any other option available for 5TH GEN aircraft for PAF :

F-35 (forget it)
PAK-FA ( russian-indo project)
Turkish TFX ( no offense but its still on drawing board )
J-31 is the only option we have.

india is going to get 36 Rafales for IAF and 50 for navy, and are looking for F-16 Blk 70 or Gripen NG.
forget Rafales or F-16s/Gripen. they also have larger fleet of other aircrafts.

I dont believe that PAF have any financial issues for going for Chinese aircrafts option.
if we start NOW thn we will have some formidable defence in 10 to 12 years :

250 Jf-17s
100 to 150 J-10s
40 to 50 J-31s.

Now this looks doesnt bad for PAF, or does it ?

They are waiting for India to make a call on if it will go US / Europe or Russia.

I want to ask whats PAF thinking ? how much time they will take to decide to go for another platform like 4 or 4.5 Gen aircrafts ? how much time PAF will take to watch the moves of IAF ? you just cant sit Idle.

after 10 to 12 years, we will have most likely 250 (100 with AESA and 150 Non-AESA) JF-17 Thunders only.

F-16 Blk 40/50/C/D will start to retire as Jammer bhayya said in some other thread.

250 Jf-17s

so we are going to miss some 100 or 150, 4.5th Gen aircrafts. i really like the Jf-17 project and i know it will be a potent interceptor/defence fighter. but you just cant pitch JF-17 against with every aircraft of IAF.

as we will going to replace F-16s in 10 to 12 years we have to choose our option NOW.

I have read the news on internet and i have read it somewhere in PDF also few months ago that MoD have told the senate that PAF needs 40 to 50 latest aircrafts, so i am assuming its 4.5th Gen.

after that, its all silence. no words from anywhere. all i hear on PDF is that PAF is on the Wait and Watch mood. becoz India is still have to replace there old jets.

what i want to know that, IAF just started to negotiate with other countries (like Rafales, Gripens etc ), thn whats PAF doing now ?

i know that PAF is not intrested in J-10s after JF-17s production, but you cant compare the both.

J-10s have 11 Hard points. its bigger and with AESA Radar it will be badder for enemies.

J-31, its still mystery , dont know how much chinese bros are intrested in this project.
but even if we have to go for 5th Gen option thn we have to choose it NOW. i dont understand why PAF is waiting to take decision as if they have some other options are available.

F-35 (forget it)

india is going to get 36 Rafales for IAF and 50 for navy, and are looking for F-16 Blk 70 or Gripen NG.

I dont believe that PAF have any financial issues for going for Chinese aircrafts option.

250 Jf-17s
100 to 150 J-10s
40 to 50 J-31s.

Why is Pakistan so slow in producing JF-17 only 250 in 2025.
We should atleast have 350 in 2025. Su-35 is not a good option for PAF Neither is typhoon.
The best option is j-10. Is j-10 4th generation or 4.5th generation??. The unit cost for the j-10 is 27 million usd. We should go for atleast 150 j-10s!. That will cost around 4 billion usd. Very hard to guess the price of j-31. But i guess the unit cost would be 80 million usd. 30-40 is a small number we should be looking for atleast 70. Price around 5.6 billion usd.
So export price: 9.6 billion usd. Can be more not that much after all. PS: we should not replace our f-16 we can keep them as reserves.
So 2025:
350 JF-17 Thunder
150 J-10s
70 j-31s
76 f-16s
Total strenght: 646
It is OK for PAF not very good

Please do not open new threads to post the same speculations asked in ten other threads

Sire, my intention to make a thread for this becoz theres a Silence on PAF side. which doesnt look good at all.
if you dont mind, can you plz tag some more senior members for this thread, maybe they have some answers ?

We should atleast have 350 in 2025. Su-35 is not a good option for PAF Neither is typhoon.
The best option is j-10. Is j-10 4th generation or 4.5th generation??. The unit cost for the j-10 is 27 million usd. We should go for atleast 150 j-10s!. That will cost around 4 billion usd. Very hard to guess the price of j-31. But i guess the unit cost would be 80 million usd. 30-40 is a small number we should be looking for atleast 70. Price around 5.6 billion usd.
So export price: 9.6 billion usd. Can be more not that much after all. PS: we should not replace our f-16 we can keep them as reserves.
So 2025:
350 JF-17 Thunder
150 J-10s
70 j-31s
76 f-16s

i dont think that PAF will go for more thn 250 Jf-17s. becoz they need to pump more money for other platform like J-31 etc.
100-150 J-10s with AESA will add huge punch.
i dont think so that we can afford a 5th Gen figther in big numbers, at best we can afford 40-50 J-31s.
F-16s are gonna replace in 10 to 12 years as every airforce in the world is preparing for it. Turkey is one of the example for you.

They are waiting for India to make a call on if it will go US / Europe or Russia.

I think India is already made a call with 4.5th Gen Rafales.
now its looking for single engine 4.5th gen aircraft like Gripen etc.
and next will be 5th Gen.

so whats PAF strategy here ? do we need to wait till we see IAF inducts its first 5th Gen squadron ? or what ?
what i am trying to say it, that we need to make a decision now for the future. we cant just play the Wait and Watch game everytime.

PAF plans and executes its policies. Unlike the Indians it doesn't do dharna. They are a lean capable force recognised world over for professionalism and have many kills to prove. Indians do not cross the border because they know PAF. I am happy that PAF is silently doing what it does best. People here do not think for or speak for PAF. This game of guess is pure speculation and nonsense

Simple fact:
Pak can't afford Euro Fighter and Typhoon fighter. becoz money hai to honey hai....
Now option is only some fighters from China with soft loan.

Syrian, Iraq or North Korea people say that their fighter pilots are world best. Even every country people have the same thought. if you think that PAk pilots are superior to IAF pilots then I will say, Dil bahlaane ke liye khyal achha hai

PAF plans and executes its policies. Unlike the Indians it doesn't do dharna. They are a lean capable force recognised world over for professionalism and have many kills to prove. Indians do not cross the border because they know PAF. I am happy that PAF is silently doing what it does best. People here do not think for or speak for PAF. This game of guess is pure speculation and nonsense

250 Jf-17s

F-35 (forget it)

250 Jf-17s
100 to 150 J-10s
40 to 50 J-31s.

Now this looks doesnt bad for PAF, or does it ?[he PAF is doing a marvelous

250 Jf-17s

F-35 (forget it)

250 Jf-17s
100 to 150 J-10s
40 to 50 J-31s.

Man the PAF is doing a marvelous job of defending our airspace and its planning is absolutely brilliant, so none of us should be worried, except for the Hindustanis of course.

Once the JF-17 is equipped with the AESA radars and BVR missiles, it can effectively defend Pakistani airspace with the radar coverage provided by our very capable AWACS fleet. We should remember that heavy fighters such as the SU-30 and Rafales are designed for the defense of huge areas without support from other resources. But that makes them inherently less suitable for short range work. I read somewhere that the radar cross section of the SU-30 is as large as that of a Boeing 737, which will make it impossible for it to make surprise attacks. The PAF's F-16s are very capable fighters and since we are a defensive force, the 18 Block-52s are sufficient to counter the 36 Rafales (keeping in mind that the attacking force needs a 2.2:1 numerical advantage to have any chance of success), even if we do not count the fact that this force will be divided up between the two fronts.

Adding to this fact the JF-17 roughly matches the F-16 in aeronautical performance, we are quite secure with our fleet of JF-17s and F-16s guarding our airspace from any sort of aggression. One extremely important consideration for all air forces is the cost of operations for a fighter jet. As compared to a JF-17 with a single RD-93 engine, the MIG-29 has exactly twice as fuel consumption and maintenance costs with two RD-33 engines. If you take the SU-30, those costs go up to more than 5 times the per hour cost of flying the JF-17. So it is pointless to fly the more costly SU-30 if both planes are loaded with the same BVR missiles, and while the SU-30 might have a more powerful radar, the JF-17 will be covered by our Erieye AWACS systems up to New Delhi!

With regards to upgrades and induction of a 4.5th generation fighter, I believe the PAF is waiting for the Chinese jet engine program to mature, before it makes any decision. If the Chinese can mount an indigenous engine on the J-10, that will be a priceless addition to the PAF as it will free Pakistan from any foreign policy hindrances that it might face in the purchase of western jets. Almost all of the current choices are very expensive, but more importantly, the western countries are known to influence the buyers, which is not a good thing. The PAF is also closely looking at the 5th generation fighters of China, which will then become a huge headache for our archenemy.

Simple fact:
Pak can't afford Euro Fighter and Typhoon fighter. becoz money hai to honey hai....
Now option is only some fighters from China with soft loan.

Syrian, Iraq or North Korea people say that their fighter pilots are world best. Even every country people have the same thought. if you think that PAk pilots are superior to IAF pilots then I will say, Dil bahlaane ke liye khyal achha hai

Hahaha.. Having money doesn't mean you should waste that money. The PAF is making the best use of its resources. And yes every country does make the claim that their fighter pilots are the best in the world. But the PAF can back this up with its performance against the IAF. Please read your own official war accounts. Or else you can keep repeating the BJP propaganda because, Dil bahlane kai liyai khyal acha hai.

So 2025:
350 JF-17 Thunder
150 J-10s
70 j-31s
76 f-16s

The JF-17 production rate matches the retirement rate of the older legacy fighters of the PAF, like the F-7 and the Mirages. It also gives us time to improve the JF-17 as our experience builds, like what we've done with the JF-17B.

Son while your Hindu-stani instincts push you towards performing self fellatio;

Ask your self, why is it with an Army, airforce, Navy, Land mass and population several orders
in magnitude of Pakistan, and yet Azad Kashmir is Azad, and Pakistan is a constant
pulsating source of pleasure for mother india.

Rafale - Europe (medium category)
F16 - US (Light category)
FGFA+MKI - Russia... (Heavy category)

India going for all 3...

That is not how it works;
Hindu-stan has to make a decision on the single engine category,
one company will win, and others will loose;

While it will pin down indian investment and technology plan,
it will give the second comer to make a decision in light of that.

How to get some 2nd hand ayf sola
sir, i dont question the ability of F-16s, they are the best, but we have to look for the future option, becoz F-16s gonna retire in a decade or so.

PAF is thinking and planning new things and soon people will hear good news
Su-35 isnt gonna come. thats fact. so what good news we gonna hear ?

sir, i dont question the ability and professionalism of PAF, i was just looking for some answers as media have stated that MoD have told the senate that PAF requires 40 to 50 latest jets. so i am looking for that answer.

Back
Top Bottom