What's new

Whats PAF thinking ?

How soon Zarvan bhai and can you give us a sneek peek at what is being planned by the PAF...
No but as PAF buying 3 more SAAB awacs came as a shock some more things are also in pipeline. We are not sitting idle and waiting for India to get 10 times more stronger than us. We are working on things and soon you would start hearing about it. Don't ask timeline because things can get a little delayed but I hope they don't

Man the PAF is doing a marvelous job of defending our airspace and its planning is absolutely brilliant, so none of us should be worried, except for the Hindustanis of course.

Once the JF-17 is equipped with the AESA radars and BVR missiles, it can effectively defend Pakistani airspace with the radar coverage provided by our very capable AWACS fleet. We should remember that heavy fighters such as the SU-30 and Rafales are designed for the defense of huge areas without support from other resources. But that makes them inherently less suitable for short range work. I read somewhere that the radar cross section of the SU-30 is as large as that of a Boeing 737, which will make it impossible for it to make surprise attacks. The PAF's F-16s are very capable fighters and since we are a defensive force, the 18 Block-52s are sufficient to counter the 36 Rafales (keeping in mind that the attacking force needs a 2.2:1 numerical advantage to have any chance of success), even if we do not count the fact that this force will be divided up between the two fronts.

Adding to this fact the JF-17 roughly matches the F-16 in aeronautical performance, we are quite secure with our fleet of JF-17s and F-16s guarding our airspace from any sort of aggression. One extremely important consideration for all air forces is the cost of operations for a fighter jet. As compared to a JF-17 with a single RD-93 engine, the MIG-29 has exactly twice as fuel consumption and maintenance costs with two RD-33 engines. If you take the SU-30, those costs go up to more than 5 times the per hour cost of flying the JF-17. So it is pointless to fly the more costly SU-30 if both planes are loaded with the same BVR missiles, and while the SU-30 might have a more powerful radar, the JF-17 will be covered by our Erieye AWACS systems up to New Delhi!

With regards to upgrades and induction of a 4.5th generation fighter, I believe the PAF is waiting for the Chinese jet engine program to mature, before it makes any decision. If the Chinese can mount an indigenous engine on the J-10, that will be a priceless addition to the PAF as it will free Pakistan from any foreign policy hindrances that it might face in the purchase of western jets. Almost all of the current choices are very expensive, but more importantly, the western countries are known to influence the buyers, which is not a good thing. The PAF is also closely looking at the 5th generation fighters of China, which will then become a huge headache for our archenemy.

Sir , i dont doubt JF-17 capabilities , its a potent fighter with defence POV, but it has its own limits, just like any other jets, it cant be pitch against air superiority fighter jets etc etc. untill or unless we produce 500+ units of JF-17s with AESA in Swarm Mode.

also what about when we will retire the F-16s fleet ? so what we gonna pitch against the IAF 4.5th Gen fighters ?

the 5th Gen jets like J-31s are good, but if we gonna buy it, thn it cant be more thn 40 to 50 Units. becoz 5th Gen platform is expensive.

so still, we will be missing some 4.5th Gen fighter Jet in that scenario.

No but as PAF buying 3 more SAAB awacs came as a shock some more things are also in pipeline. We are not sitting idle and waiting for India to get 10 times more stronger than us. We are working on things and soon you would start hearing about it. Don't ask timeline because things can get a little delayed but I hope they don't
one positive is that our Hazrat has stopped giving a timeline. Good going Hazrat:tup::tup:

Simple fact:
Pak can't afford Euro Fighter and Typhoon fighter. becoz money hai to honey hai....
Now option is only some fighters from China with soft loan.

Syrian, Iraq or North Korea people say that their fighter pilots are world best. Even every country people have the same thought. if you think that PAk pilots are superior to IAF pilots then I will say, Dil bahlaane ke liye khyal achha hai
Simple Fact:
Euro Fighter and Typhoon is the same thing..becoz RUNDIANS are dumb

When the JF-17 project was started 5 blocks were planned, we already have Blocks 1 produced, 2 under production & 3 under development. That leaves Blocks 4 & 5 to be designed & built.

These should take care of the remaining F-7Ps & PGs & Mirages till about 2025.

F-16s will not be retiring anytime soon. Flying hours of original & remaining 32 OCUs AMs/BMs will be approaching designed 8,000 hours in the mid-20s which can be extended to 12,836 hours with a SLEP to atleast till mid 30s. 16 embargoed AMs/BMs have very low flying hours as they only started limited flying in 1998-99 with USAF/USN & were transferred in mid-2010s, so they will continue flying untill atleast 2040 with SLEP. 18 C/Ds will also be flying u untill after 2040. The Jordanians will retire perhaps by 2025. We can anticipate delivery of the remaining 12 embargoed USN in the near future which can easily replace the Jordanians.

This means that we will maintain roughly 70 F-16s till 20240.

PAF does not intend to induct J-10s & their decision will not change no matter the amount of fancy dreams anyone has.

Used Tranche 1 Typhoons can happen but I fancy that.

FC-31s may happen provided that Chinese come up with a suitable, powerful & reliable engine to exploit the max. potential of this design. Initially 36 will be coming & then growing to atleast 6 squadrons by around 2025.

From 2025 PAF is planning to build it's own 5th gen fighter. Aviation City is being built for infrastructure & scientists, engineers, technicians, etc.

This is my analysis.

So sit tight & watch the upcoming developments.

Sir , i dont doubt JF-17 capabilities , its a potent fighter with defence POV, but it has its own limits, just like any other jets, it cant be pitch against air superiority fighter jets etc etc. untill or unless we produce 500+ units of JF-17s with AESA in Swarm Mode.

also what about when we will retire the F-16s fleet ? so what we gonna pitch against the IAF 4.5th Gen fighters ?

the 5th Gen jets like J-31s are good, but if we gonna buy it, thn it cant be more thn 40 to 50 Units. becoz 5th Gen platform is expensive.

so still, we will be missing some 4.5th Gen fighter Jet in that scenario.
Don't under estimate How many fighter jets we can buy specially 5th Generation. We are doing somethings quietly and soon people will hear about them.

Don't under estimate How many fighter jets we can buy specially 5th Generation. We are doing somethings quietly and soon people will hear about them.

Allah apki zubaan mubarak krai... I hope PAF looks for J-11D or J-10C both looks lovely.

Allah apki zubaan mubarak krai... I hope PAF looks for J-11D or J-10C both looks lovely.
Pakistan with little diplomacy can get to Russia allow china to sell us J-11 series. And J-10 C but not J-11 D instead new version of J-16 should be the beast we can look forward to. But I am right now thinking of some where else where PAF might end up

Pakistan with little diplomacy can get to Russia allow china to sell us J-11 series. And J-10 C but not J-11 D instead new version of J-16 should be the beast we can look forward to. But I am right now thinking of some where else where PAF might end up

you pointing towards typhoon?

Simple fact:
Pak can't afford Euro Fighter and Typhoon fighter. becoz money hai to honey hai....
Now option is only some fighters from China with soft loan.

Syrian, Iraq or North Korea people say that their fighter pilots are world best. Even every country people have the same thought. if you think that PAk pilots are superior to IAF pilots then I will say, Dil bahlaane ke liye khyal achha hai

My dear respected neighbour....indian cricket team was superior to pakistan and in the opening battle they whooped us by 124 runs..........when the final battle was fought the young saheens whooped you by 180 runs and totally humiliated you. we had 18 years olds in the team with next to no experience. most kids in the team had but a few matches under their belt buts that's how pakistan is. when we want to do something ..... and just when the world thinks we are nothing we take the rug from under your feet. Indian media, indian nation and indian players had won the final before the game started and its the same here.....you have better planes and more of them. you are boasting the best men under arms etc etc etc. but why is pakistan still in existence?

My dear respected neighbour....indian cricket team was superior to pakistan and in the opening battle they whooped us by 124 runs..........when the final battle was fought the young saheens whooped you by 180 runs and totally humiliated you. we had 18 years olds in the team with next to no experience. most kids in the team had but a few matches under their belt buts that's how pakistan is. when we want to do something ..... and just when the world thinks we are nothing we take the rug from under your feet. Indian media, indian nation and indian players had won the final before the game started and its the same here.....you have better planes and more of them. you are boasting the best men under arms etc etc etc. but why is pakistan still in existence?
so in short you thing running a nation and its economy and matters of money and arangeing finance are like a game of cricket and which is based on luck (well mostly...as they say cricket by chance & hockey by dance)... great no wonder pakistan is in a state where it is with a confused youth like what it has .. khair good for you ... sannu ki :sarcastic: :omghaha: :omghaha:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom