What's new

Whats PAF thinking ?

Ok I have no clue. Khush???

Hi,

When you make a statement on a world forum---then build the courage to stand behind your comments---with information---reason and technical answers---and not just putting your tail between your legs and running away at first chance of questioning challenging your resource.

Simple we need this guy in PAF to replace Mirage continue to work on JF-17 Thunders Block 3

then Go for J-31 when ready in 2024-25 and TAI TFX to replace our F-16's Simple that's only PAF can afford

bldng1y-jpg.407269

I don't think that PAF rejected 8 F-16s because we had to pay full amount. PAF wanted US to pay half of that amount which we had already spend on WOT in Pakistan and that was reasonable as well. Actually US don't want us give us advanced weapons from their money even if that money is actually belongs to us.

Doesn't matter now. I guess PAF shouldn't look for F-16 anymore. We should move on and yes you are right the demand of PAF for half amount was completely reasonable.

that Lemon Still Better Than your Half Baked Cheap JUgaad Jet Who is still struggling To Have HMDS With HOBs CCM
Jets aren't "who" and they don't struggle for HMDs.... all needed is plug and play.

The only thing tejas the lemon is at... hanger queen. Failed jet... struggling to even fly.

Midlife crisis? :rofl::omghaha:

Hi,

When you make a statement on a world forum---then build the courage to stand behind your comments---with information---reason and technical answers---and not just putting your tail between your legs and running away at first chance of questioning challenging your resource.

Or is it the wife again???

Hi,

What a B S of a post---I mean to say---thoughtless comments must have some limits---or just because young pakistanis have a tongue---they just want to wag it---.

What is hurried about the project in the J31---. What is not thought about in the J31---And what is advanced in the TFX which is still on paper---.

The jump from the J8 / J10 to the J31 is a leap of a half century in technology.

China has more PhD's---it has billions more than Turkey for research and production---and its growth in weapons techonolgy has been EXPONENTIAL.

Youngman---you have no clue about the tactical strategy behind the J31 project---.

Dear Sir u have given the young poster a befitting reply and ur reply has got the toughness of American Cowboy culture. However perhaps poster was trying to explain benefits of getting TFX over J31.

To me if u do not object the J31 is present for PAF and TFX is the future. We need both. Many have commented here that J31 shall be availble in time frame of 2021-24 but facts show that the jet is ready for production and all improvements have been done. Now the ball is in PAF court, when they will order. I believe that if jets are ordered before end of 2017 the deliveries shall start by 2019. PAF should realize the threats and go for it.
We should start to induct J31 with start of Rafael deliveries to IAF as so far honestly we do not have any modern jet which can challenge Rafael as I believe that once Rafael deliveries are started then Super Skhoi project will take off. Then in medium to long term either f16 block 70 or Grippen NG shall be also there.
We should have at that time sufficient number of JF17-Block 3, up graded previous JF17s and J31 to counter new threats.

For TFX the doubts are still there as due to Turkey's tilt to wards religion the EU and West has started to sabotage their projects especially related to areas where they are still not self sufficient further chances of any internal turmoil in Turkey are still there. May be sane move shall be to go for indigenous next generation fighter jet with the help of Turkey, China and for some tech we may go for SA help.

Dear Sir u have given the young poster a befitting reply and ur reply has got the toughness of American Cowboy culture. However perhaps poster was trying to explain benefits of getting TFX over J31.

To me if u do not object the J31 is present for PAF and TFX is the future. We need both. Many have commented here that J31 shall be availble in time frame of 2021-24 but facts show that the jet is ready for production and all improvements have been done. Now the ball is in PAF court, when they will order. I believe that if jets are ordered before end of 2017 the deliveries shall start by 2019. PAF should realize the threats and go for it.
We should start to induct J31 with start of Rafael deliveries to IAF as so far honestly we do not have any modern jet which can challenge Rafael as I believe that once Rafael deliveries are started then Super Skhoi project will take off. Then in medium to long term either f16 block 70 or Grippen NG shall be also there.
We should have at that time sufficient number of JF17-Block 3, up graded previous JF17s and J31 to counter new threats.

For TFX the doubts are still there as due to Turkey's tilt to wards religion the EU and West has started to sabotage their projects especially related to areas where they are still not self sufficient further chances of any internal turmoil in Turkey are still there. May be sane move shall be to go for indigenous next generation fighter jet with the help of Turkey, China and for some tech we may go for SA help.

Hi,

You already gave the answer---the J31 is almost ready for production---the TFX---years away---10-15 years.

There are no hurdles in getting the J31---with the TFX---you never know what could come up---.

We need both the JF17 BLK3 and J31 programs running in parallel.

Last edited:
Jets aren't "who" and they don't struggle for HMDs.... all needed is plug and play.

The only thing tejas the lemon is at... hanger queen. Failed jet... struggling to even fly.
Factually wrong on both accounts

Go search flying daggers squadrons up running

5 SP series already flying and guess what we don't induct half bake fighter's into airforce

Who which still lacks decent HMDS

And HOBs missile

Yours is an excellent post..
In my view, TFX is like hedging an other bet.. a longer term bet.

Hi,

I want to add something else---.

The Paf has been the most un-focussed direction less organization that I have ever seen. It is absolutely pathetic to the level of disgusting when it comes to current planning---future planning and procurement---fall back planning and options.

Now when you see the results of this organization---it looks like this company is sawing off the trunk that it is sitting on---or the nation is sitting on---.

If I would have asked my enemy to procure something for me---they would have done a better job---.

And there will be those who will say nay to what I am stating---but that is the truth---.

Paf---needs to change its game plan----it needs to focus on one and only one 5th gen future aircraft---and that is the J31---for now---. The current aircraft being the BLK 3 JF 17 and another 4.5 gen aircraft---.

Too many option create problems---make you become un-decisive---vested / bribed interests come into the picture---like TFX project would bribe someone in the Paf to hold onto the J31 and wait for the TFX and things like that---.

Our problem has been a now problem---and we have been deceived by the pak air force for 30 years now---.

5 SP series already flying and guess what we don't induct half bake fighter's into airforce

And HOBs missile

I smell jealousy in your post :lol:

Hi,

I want to add something else---.

The Paf has been the most un-focussed direction less organization that I have ever seen. It is absolutely pathetic to the level of disgusting when it comes to current planning---future planning and procurement---fall back planning and options.

Now when you see the results of this organization---it looks like this company is sawing off the trunk that it is sitting on---or the nation is sitting on---.

If I would have asked my enemy to procure something for me---they would have done a better job---.

And there will be those who will say nay to what I am stating---but that is the truth---.

Paf---needs to change its game plan----it needs to focus on one and only one 5th gen future aircraft---and that is the J31---for now---. The current aircraft being the BLK 3 JF 17 and another 4.5 gen aircraft---.

Too many option create problems---make you become un-decisive---vested / bribed interests come into the picture---like TFX project would bribe someone in the Paf to hold onto the J31 and wait for the TFX and things like that---.

Our problem has been a now problem---and we have been deceived by the pak air force for 30 years now---.
Mastan, you have spend a lifetime selling used cars. You not achieved anything in life to comment on military matters especially Air Force and that goes for all of you teenage Air marshalls Who after reading a few internet sites think that they have become experts on military aviation. Mastan and likes of him don't know rat's a$$ what they are talking about and are total fakes.

Mastan, you have spend a lifetime selling used cars. You not achieved anything in life to comment on military matters especially Air Force and that goes for all of you teenage Air marshalls Who after reading a few internet sites think that they have become experts on military aviation. Mastan and likes of him don't know rat's a$$ what they are talking about and are total fakes.

MastanKhan be like
Hi,

Young man dont you know Im the grinch. It is my job to ruin a perfectly sound thread with my personal grievances that I harbor with posters. :cry::cry::hitwall:

Hi,

You have come back for the bear hunt again?

Last edited:

And HOBs missile

The F-22 still doesn't have the AIM-9X in its arsenal

http://www.f22fighter.com/weapons.htm
The F-22's side weapons bays (one on each side) will initially hold one Aim 9 Sidewinder missile. The Sidewinder is a heat seeking IR guided missile effective at short range. In the future however, the Aim-9x IR guided missile will be introduced which will have small tail surfaces unlike previous versions. Most likely, the F-22 will be capable of carrying two Aim-9x's per side. The Aim 9 Sidewinder will be extended on a trapeze mounted launcher before the launch. This is to allow the Aim 9's IR seeker to effectively acquire the target or "sniff" it.

The fact is, Indian military planners are clueless about product cycles and development. By boasting about a failure of planning, you are only showing your lack of understanding as well.

PAF should realize the threats and go for it.
We should start to induct J31 with start of Rafael deliveries to IAF as so far honestly we do not have any modern jet which can challenge Rafael as I believe that once Rafael deliveries are started then Super Skhoi project will take off.

This is a fallacy. Do you have any publicly available information on the J-31's EW suit and weapons package which shows it will be a credible threat to Rafale? The EW and weapons will still be the same Chinese origin equipment, albeit the J-31 will be able to wield some of the latest equipment as well. You are falling into a subconscious trap of safety in numbers.

The Rafale threat is a threat of technical superiority in the areas of EW and weapons. It can be countered by:

1. Somehow procuring equivalent systems from France.
2. Somehow procuring equivalent systems from another country.
3. Developing indigenous systems to match Rafale.

And let me tell you this, if 1-3 is not an option, then you will still be sitting ducks in front of Rafale. Procuring new jets ain't gonna solve your problems.

Back
Top Bottom