What's new

Whats PAF thinking ?

I think, instead of going for J-10s, Pakistan should go for 100% production of Jf-17 at home and start working on air-frame improvements. This will reduce cost per unit further and we can have reasonable quantity and quality.

Im placing my money on TAI TFX cuz its more high end and J-31 doesnt seem to offer the same oomph.

P.S Rumors indicate PAC wil cooperate with TAI for T-129 ATAK.

Rafale - Europe (medium category)
F16 - US (Light category)
FGFA+MKI - Russia... (Heavy category)

India going for all 3...
F-16 is a medium class jet. And the "deal" is nowhere in reality.
FGFA is in doldrums.

Im placing my money on TAI TFX cuz its more high end and J-31 doesnt seem to offer the same oomph.

P.S Rumors indicate PAC wil cooperate with TAI for T-129 ATAK.
You are placing money on a jet which is not even on the drawing boards yet... and is the first jet program by the country...

Against China which is already catching up to USA... and producing several types of fighters .. among other big ticket items.

Chinese might not be on par with US as we speak.. but it's closing the gap and in a decade or so it will catch up and maybe even surpass US.

It is already on par with Europe in many aspects..

FGFA is in doldrums
it's all matter of perspective. for some it can b mighty aaaaf solhaaaaaa......., for us it's just a single engine fighter replacement for aging mig 21.

it's all matter of perspective. for some it can b mighty aaaaf solhaaaaaa......., for us it's just a replacement for aging mig 21.
It's called reality.

For some "light aircraft" meant mighty tejas.. which turned out to be a lemon.

This will reduce cost per unit further and we can have reasonable quantity and quality.
No it wont already In manufacturing Chinese have achieved economies of scale and with there methods they have mastered this tech only thing which is expensive is assembly and that is where Pak can contribute and we are contibuting

We know How to arrange the money things are not that bad and I know what EF costs so does PAF.

PAF got savings?? Or they have hidden budget? As far as I know typhoon costs more than $100 mn a piece and PAF rejected those 8 F-16 block 52+ when US asked PAF to pay full price of $799 mn.

I also feel that things are not that bad because last year PAF was looking for Su-35 and I am sure they had money that's why they were looking for it not just to make news.

PAF got savings?? Or they have hidden budget? As far as I know typhoon costs more than $100 mn a piece and PAF rejected those 8 F-16 block 52+ when US asked PAF to pay full price of $799 mn.

I also feel that things are not that bad because last year PAF was looking for Su-35 and I am sure they had money that's why they were looking for it not just to make news.

I don't think that PAF rejected 8 F-16s because we had to pay full amount. PAF wanted US to pay half of that amount which we had already spend on WOT in Pakistan and that was reasonable as well. Actually US don't want us give us advanced weapons from their money even if that money is actually belongs to us.

FGFA is in doldrums.

You are placing money on a jet which is not even on the drawing boards yet... and is the first jet program by the country...

Against China which is already catching up to USA... and producing several types of fighters .. among other big ticket items.

Chinese might not be on par with US as we speak.. but it's closing the gap and in a decade or so it will catch up and maybe even surpass US.

It is already on par with Europe in many aspects..

Turkey is also progressing in terms of technology. Some of the weapons and tech they have to offer is truely out of the box and very very advanced. I think that in future Turks will become a very major player in defence vendors so we could benefit from Turks in that respect as well. Turkey has western subsystems which will make the aicraft more technologically advanced. I just feel that TFX would have more brains behind it. Whereas, the chinese plane J-31 seems to be a hurried project. It does not seem very thought out.

Son while your Hindu-stani instincts push you towards performing self fellatio;

Ask your self, why is it with an Army, airforce, Navy, Land mass and population several orders
in magnitude of Pakistan, and yet Azad Kashmir is Azad, and Pakistan is a constant
pulsating source of pleasure for mother india.

For Pakistan, India already has more than enough. You said many things but history doesn't prove your thoughts.

It is like China> India and India > Pakistan. china is stronger than and same way India is stronger than PAK.

We need to focus on China and our interest

Turkey is also progressing in terms of technology. Some of the weapons and tech they have to offer is truely out of the box and very very advanced. I think that in future Turks will become a very major player in defence vendors so we could benefit from Turks in that respect as well. Turkey has western subsystems which will make the aicraft more technologically advanced. I just feel that TFX would have more brains behind it. Whereas, the chinese plane J-31 seems to be a hurried project. It does not seem very thought out.

Hi,

What a B S of a post---I mean to say---thoughtless comments must have some limits---or just because young pakistanis have a tongue---they just want to wag it---.

What is hurried about the project in the J31---. What is not thought about in the J31---And what is advanced in the TFX which is still on paper---.

The jump from the J8 / J10 to the J31 is a leap of a half century in technology.

China has more PhD's---it has billions more than Turkey for research and production---and its growth in weapons techonolgy has been EXPONENTIAL.

Youngman---you have no clue about the tactical strategy behind the J31 project---.

Hi,

What a B S of a post---I mean to say---thoughtless comments must have some limits---or just because young pakistanis have a tongue---they just want to wag it---.

What is hurried about the project in the J31---. What is not thought about in the J31---And what is advanced in the TFX which is still on paper---.

The jump from the J8 / J10 to the J31 is a leap of a half century in technology.

China has more PhD's---it has billions more than Turkey for research and production---and its growth in weapons techonolgy has been EXPONENTIAL.

Youngman---you have no clue about the tactical strategy behind the J31 project---.

Ok I have no clue. Khush???

It will be:

250 JF-17 Thunder (first 100 block 3 standard next 250 block 5 standard inshallah)

76 F-16

74 5th gen fighters (Chinese and Turkish inshallah)

This will be in the 2030's. As the F-16's retire, more 5th gen fighters will replace them. Keep in mind we are working on our own 5th gen fighter project, inshallah we will produce in large numbers just like with the JF-17.

No need to panic, we will match the IAF.

Simple fact:
Pak can't afford Euro Fighter and Typhoon fighter. becoz money hai to honey hai....
Now option is only some fighters from China with soft loan.

Syrian, Iraq or North Korea people say that their fighter pilots are world best. Even every country people have the same thought. if you think that PAk pilots are superior to IAF pilots then I will say, Dil bahlaane ke liye khyal achha hai
Except Syrian and Iraqi pilots can't boast about 5:1 or 3:1 kill ratios against their enemies, scoring 10-0 against Israeli pilots in combat, shooting down 5 planes in under a minute, beating Eurofighter Typhoons with F-16's in training exercises, training with F-22 Raptors, shooting down MiG-21's with F-86 Sabres or anything to the degree of the above.

Our pilots are VERY well trained. Fact.

Back
Top Bottom