What's new

Whatever

Oh God, my senator actually replied to an email I sent him a couple of months ago regarding the political situation in Pakistan. It's probably a monotone AI-generated message by a staffer, but still, I guess you can have some small impact in your own way

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about the political situation in Pakistan. I share your concerns.

As you know, the political situation in Pakistan has been extremely tense and polarized since former Prime Minister Imran Khan's involuntary removal from office on April 10, 2022. Following his removal, Khan has repeatedly demanded the Pakistani government host new elections and urged his supporters to rally in the streets until the government recognizes his request. During one of his rallies, Khan survived an assassination attempt, sustaining a gunshot wound in his leg while nine others were injured and one person was killed. Furthermore, since his ouster from the premiership, Khan has been arrested twice and is embroiled in multiple criminal cases on various charges, including corruption.

I am deeply disturbed by the political crisis in Pakistan and the impact it has on innocent people who have been caught in the middle. The tension from the devolving political situation has spilled into other areas of everyday life in Pakistan, such as the economy and respect for civil liberties. According to the Committee to Protect Journalists, the lack of political stability in Pakistan has seen a rise in attacks against members of the media. The political unrest has also led to an economic crisis-exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and severe flooding in the summer months of 2022-culminating in food inflation rates as high as 50.2% and a 16% increase in fuel prices, as the costs of electricity, transportation, and water continue to skyrocket.

During my trip to Pakistan in February 2023, I met with then-Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif in Islamabad. In our meeting, I stressed my dire concern with the political and economic crises in Pakistan and the turmoil engulfing the Pakistani people. I also emphasized the importance of the US-Pakistan relationship and my commitment to maintaining strong bilateral ties between our two countries.

As the Senator who proudly represents the largest Pakistani Diaspora in the United States, I will continue to monitor the situation in Pakistan closely, keeping your concerns in mind as I do. I will also remain steadfast in my commitment to prioritize the US-Pakistan relationship and continue to evaluate how the US can help Pakistan move past this dark chapter in its history.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please keep in touch with your thoughts and opinions."

Do not know about this specific case, but this can be due to a variety of reasons.

I remember waaayyyy back in a Southern Punjab city a JCO committed suicide, but it was due to personal reasons.
I know... it can be a family problem, some leave issue, some insult, financial issue, even mental issue/stress, or some other guilt, etc.
However, when one is content with his service/job etc he can bear that stress/issue by believing that he is doing it for a better cause. Like a person when donating money doesn't get hurt but gets happy/contentment. Like Pakistanis, remain content even under atrocities as we think we can get back on judgment day! etc. I mean there must be some contentment/hope in one's life that prevents a person from losing all.

@jaibi perhaps can better comment.

@RescueRanger sir if you don’t mind can you start a pm with me? I am not able to myself unfortunately! All good if you’re not up for it or do not want to, I would respect that!

Oh God, my senator actually replied to an email I sent him a couple of months ago regarding the political situation in Pakistan. It's probably a monotone AI-generated message by a staffer, but still, I guess you can have some small impact in your own way

"Thank you for contacting me regarding your concerns about the political situation in Pakistan. I share your concerns.

As you know, the political situation in Pakistan has been extremely tense and polarized since former Prime Minister Imran Khan's involuntary removal from office on April 10, 2022. Following his removal, Khan has repeatedly demanded the Pakistani government host new elections and urged his supporters to rally in the streets until the government recognizes his request. During one of his rallies, Khan survived an assassination attempt, sustaining a gunshot wound in his leg while nine others were injured and one person was killed. Furthermore, since his ouster from the premiership, Khan has been arrested twice and is embroiled in multiple criminal cases on various charges, including corruption.

I am deeply disturbed by the political crisis in Pakistan and the impact it has on innocent people who have been caught in the middle. The tension from the devolving political situation has spilled into other areas of everyday life in Pakistan, such as the economy and respect for civil liberties. According to the Committee to Protect Journalists, the lack of political stability in Pakistan has seen a rise in attacks against members of the media. The political unrest has also led to an economic crisis-exacerbated by the COVID-19 pandemic and severe flooding in the summer months of 2022-culminating in food inflation rates as high as 50.2% and a 16% increase in fuel prices, as the costs of electricity, transportation, and water continue to skyrocket.

During my trip to Pakistan in February 2023, I met with then-Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif in Islamabad. In our meeting, I stressed my dire concern with the political and economic crises in Pakistan and the turmoil engulfing the Pakistani people. I also emphasized the importance of the US-Pakistan relationship and my commitment to maintaining strong bilateral ties between our two countries.

As the Senator who proudly represents the largest Pakistani Diaspora in the United States, I will continue to monitor the situation in Pakistan closely, keeping your concerns in mind as I do. I will also remain steadfast in my commitment to prioritize the US-Pakistan relationship and continue to evaluate how the US can help Pakistan move past this dark chapter in its history.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please keep in touch with your thoughts and opinions."

Bro true story, I met the Member of parliament of my area that I campaigned for, a Sikh dude, went to ask him what his plan for jobs are are for the constituency, kid you not the dude said we should start doing stocks and Amazon 😂 🤦🏽 Idgaf this gems name is Jasraj hallan

Just randomly remembered that “ ran mureed “ comedian and his famous line, “when somebody’s mother or sister passes away all the women in the neighborhood come and say I am your mother or your sister but if the wife passes away nobody comes and says I am your wife” lol. Just yesterday saw somebody that I know try to lecture me on relationships when this mofo was divorced three times 😂

bdc15e62b799548b63203ccc8c0b4504.jpg

Back
Top Bottom