What's new

Whatever

@Moonlight @RealNapster @Nilgiri @jamahir @The Sandman
Ok now i am more interested in the original stories

Yes I knew about these. There are some disturbing variants/drafts/originals of almost every fairy tale that can be googled. Hans Christian Andersen, Brothers Grimm included.

You have to remember the people that can tell the best stories that stick to the larger society and get culturally canonized etc...are quite different psychologically to the average person in many if not most cases.

If you ever do get the time, you should watch the "Power of Myth" series where the comparative mythologist Joseph Campbell is interviewed....specifically when he talks about the origin of Shamans/storytellers in society (i.e that they most often have gone through life-changing stuff that shook their core psychology...i.e stuff like looking death in the eyes and surviving etc...that exposes the most core parts of our psyche that most humans cannot....so many people flock to them to harness that in some way):

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0296362/

He is somewhat most notable for being the writer of a "The Hero with a thousand faces" which in many ways is his magnum opus....and its not surprising he influenced George Lucas heavily (in fact the interviews are done at skywalker ranch).

@Joe Shearer @VCheng @KhalaiMakhlooq @Mage @WAJsal @Hell hound @Moonlight @jamahir @The Sandman

Yes I knew about these. There are some disturbing variants/drafts/originals of almost every fairy tale that can be googled. Hans Christian Andersen, Brothers Grimm included.

You have to remember the people that can tell the best stories that stick to the larger society and get culturally canonized etc...are quite different psychologically to the average person in many if not most cases.

What I love to point out is that the unabridged uncensored version of the Dastaan Alif Laila is quite the read. :D

Oooooh, with pichurs and all! :D

Well I picked it up at the community library of all places, thinking it was just a regular illustrated kind of thing for the arabian nights etc...I was maybe 16 at the time?

Start reading it...and went like...heh this is more for adults...cool! No one else needed to know that :P

Yes they were.

I loved having a good ole banter with Bharwana (as much as we would mock/tease each other)....he was a good sort really...made me chuckle quite a lot....miss that guy!

Shane I didn't talk with or know that well, but seems to have impressed set of people that I also like. Friend of friend kind of thing.

I loved having a good ole banter with Bharwana (as much as we would mock/tease each other)....he was a good sort really...made me chuckle quite a lot....miss that guy!
He is a good guy,im sure he'll be back.
Shane I didn't talk with or know that well, but seems to have impressed set of people that I also like. Friend of friend kind of thing.
He is intelligent and a sane person,im sure he'll also be back.

khan hun main raz kholda changa lagda apney kartot apey dus main nahio dasney :lol:

Han to kia hy ? Khol dy raaz. Bol dy sabko kay me zikar azkaar me and nawafil me mashool rehta.

Mene ni kehna tha, rya-kaari me ata hy... but naazreen o saameyn ky dilo me shak pr sakta tmhaare bat se tb keh dia . :angel:

what the!!!

no i havnt seen this video and after watcjig this i am doubting my true love for great leader!

altaf may sharmind hun
mera lub jhoota hai!!

Pata tha mujhe Bhai Ke liye piyar jhota hai aap ka

Btw banda khud kushi kar liye itny sasti attention seek na kare

They seem to be on extended hiatus from forum. I dunno if they will be back or when. I hope they do come back...they were good posters.

He’s on twitter. Why don’t you guys guys contact to him there? PDF needs it’s old and sane members back.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom