What's new

Whatever

Silver hawks

Transformers cartoon

M.A.S.K

I interacted with you in the health and fitness thread i think

Starscream sniveling (both indirect and direct) always gave me much to chuckle about....especially how Megatron always put him down so crushingly lol (and finally went all the way in the movie, since Starscream did so). Voice acting was so on point too (you just dont get that quality these days).

Displaying that ego crush of that level so openly is something I have always aspired to. The decepticons were really far more interesting to me lol....though Peter Cullen voice was so grand and majestic for Optimus Prime (and I always supported the Autobots in the end of course).

I do remember in one transformers (newer reboot) printed comic, Megatron reminisces as he is fighting Prime...."why have you taken the side of these humans?....just look at them!...they are despicable!"....and I remember I did feel quite some sympathy to megatron position....in fact Optimus did as well in that moment.

Should we have a meme page? @Nilgiri @OsmanAli98
20190112_204814.jpg
20190112_204807.jpg
20190112_204800.jpg
20190112_204748.jpg
20190112_204737.jpg
20190112_204729.jpg
20190112_204721.jpg
20190112_204712.jpg
20190112_204704.jpg
20190112_204655.jpg
20190112_204647.jpg
20190112_204638.jpg

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer Might I be brave enough to ask just who has the right to determine just what this narrative is supposed to be and must it be unanimous? How does a national narrative even get established in such a manner and enforced on everyone without any dissent possible?

Private views in a private forum. It is difficult to deny a group the right to set its own rules and invite individuals to participate on those terms. Like my friends and I do in insaniyat. We might find - I do find - weaknesses in the administration of the rules by their appointed administrators. We can protest those weaknesses, but that does not lead to a successful questioning of the basic narrative.

Well there is saving detour of "or contribute positively" (if you don't support some supposed pro-country narrative) in the statement....and I will put myself in that aspiration category instead :P

As for who determines all of that (narrative fitting, positive contribution etc)....I suppose in the end its the ppl running the forum? This is a privately owned and run forum, not a public one (and even in public ones in RL, I have had the temerity to question many times just how truly "public" they are :P...and triggered many ppl on it).

I am not an ideal candidate for airing out this kind of stuff past the superficial level :) ...deep triggering on some issues brings gag orders quickly here. So I choose to stay/interact for all the more different reasons overall now (the interesting personalities here).

Private views in a private forum. It is difficult to deny a group the right to set its own rules and invite individuals to participate on those terms. Like my friends and I do in insaniyat. We might find - I do find - weaknesses in the administration of the rules by their appointed administrators. We can protest those weaknesses, but that does not lead to a successful questioning of the basic narrative.

I have always respected the management's right to develop and enforce whatever narrative it wishes to impose upon its members. I understand that clearly without question, and have no problems with it.

But to claim it as a "narrative of Pakistan" is a bit of an overreach, don't you think? That that wider entity is not monolithic, and certainly beyond this forum to claim or enforce is very clear given the record and recent developments.

The administration of the rules would be made a fair bit easier and consistent if the underlying narrative were more robust. After all, trying to raise a skyscraper on quicksand is a tad difficult compared to one being raised on bedrock.

It is any forum's choice to be a discussion arena or merely an echochamber of rigidly enforced identical views. The membership can only vote with keyboards and eyeballs to determine their participation in whatever choice is made.

The results speak for themselves.

I have always respected the management's right to develop and enforce whatever narrative it wishes to impose upon its members. I understand that clearly without question, and have no problems with it.

But to claim it as a "narrative of Pakistan" is a bit of an overreach, don't you think? That that wider entity is not monolithic, and certainly beyond this forum to claim or enforce is very clear given the record and recent developments.

Of course it is, if it is claimed to be the only narrative of Pakistan outside this forum. I cannot believe that that is the intention; it would be open to ridicule.

At best, it is the narrative of Pakistan that those forming this site have adopted for themselves, and for those who subscribe to it by taking part in the forum.

Why do I take part, then? because it makes little or no difference what the narrative of Pakistan is, for a Pakistani individual or group. Don't forget that I have been, with many other Indians, a member of more than one Pakistani forum, and the narrative of Pakistan in each has been different. Even radically different; you have only to see the mocking and barely concealed fury in this forum, for instance, when YLH is quoted, or when liberal Pakistanis are mentioned. There is only one exception, and I suspect that he is an exception because besides the two deans of the forum, the other Pakistani members know very well that they cannot match him.

The administration of the rules would be made a fair bit easier and consistent if the underlying narrative were more robust. After all, trying to raise a skyscraper on quicksand is a tad difficult compared to one being raised on bedrock.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

You, as a Pakistani, are engaged with that definition, and with any effort at its re-definition. I/we are not.

It is any forum's choice to be a discussion arena or merely an echochamber of rigidly enforced identical views. The membership can only vote with keyboards and eyeballs to determine their participation in whatever choice is made.

The results speak for themselves.

Yes, sure, if you say so. You have just articulated the position that there might be a narrative of Pakistan other than the one held by the management of this forum, and that is a truism. Either you convince them, or they convince you, or you continue on your train tracks, parallel but never meeting at any distance whatsoever, except in artistic depiction.

An Indian observing all this with mild interest also observes that neither side (there may be many sides) has bothered to define its position; we furriners have no idea what each is referring to. Or perhaps we choose not to, having yet another position, what we think is the narrative of Pakistan, one that we see as different from any presented so far. And there is no one Indian position on that, either!

Some of the most memorable of my era:

Probably the show that got me into aviation/aircraft as a kid:

My absolute favourite to this day:

@Zibago @jamahir @Signalian @Hell hound @OsmanAli98
Ace McCloud was my favorite
becoming man and machine power extreme:smitten:

Starscream sniveling (both indirect and direct) always gave me much to chuckle about....especially how Megatron always put him down so crushingly lol (and finally went all the way in the movie, since Starscream did so). Voice acting was so on point too (you just dont get that quality these days).

Displaying that ego crush of that level so openly is something I have always aspired to. The decepticons were really far more interesting to me lol....though Peter Cullen voice was so grand and majestic for Optimus Prime (and I always supported the Autobots in the end of course).

I do remember in one transformers (newer reboot) printed comic, Megatron reminisces as he is fighting Prime...."why have you taken the side of these humans?....just look at them!...they are despicable!"....and I remember I did feel quite some sympathy to megatron position....in fact Optimus did as well in that moment.
hahahaha that poor guy was godamn f 22 in the movie but megatron thrash his *** like hulk did to odin sons :rofl:

hahahaha that poor guy was godamn f 22 in the movie

Yeah thats the new live action series. I was talking about the 1986 animated movie hehe.....starscream rule was a mere few seconds lol:

Honestly they didn't really capture most of starscream nature in the new movies heh....it was sorta my favourite part (TV series friction between him and megatron).

Meme of the month is airpods. These have been out for so long but have gained sales cause of this.
20190113_224344.jpg

@Nilgiri @OsmanAli98 @GumNaam @Joe Shearer @ghazi52

Of course it is, if it is claimed to be the only narrative of Pakistan outside this forum. I cannot believe that that is the intention; it would be open to ridicule.

At best, it is the narrative of Pakistan that those forming this site have adopted for themselves, and for those who subscribe to it by taking part in the forum.

Why do I take part, then? because it makes little or no difference what the narrative of Pakistan is, for a Pakistani individual or group. Don't forget that I have been, with many other Indians, a member of more than one Pakistani forum, and the narrative of Pakistan in each has been different. Even radically different; you have only to see the mocking and barely concealed fury in this forum, for instance, when YLH is quoted, or when liberal Pakistanis are mentioned. There is only one exception, and I suspect that he is an exception because besides the two deans of the forum, the other Pakistani members know very well that they cannot match him.

Maybe.

Maybe not.

You, as a Pakistani, are engaged with that definition, and with any effort at its re-definition. I/we are not.

Yes, sure, if you say so. You have just articulated the position that there might be a narrative of Pakistan other than the one held by the management of this forum, and that is a truism. Either you convince them, or they convince you, or you continue on your train tracks, parallel but never meeting at any distance whatsoever, except in artistic depiction.

An Indian observing all this with mild interest also observes that neither side (there may be many sides) has bothered to define its position; we furriners have no idea what each is referring to. Or perhaps we choose not to, having yet another position, what we think is the narrative of Pakistan, one that we see as different from any presented so far. And there is no one Indian position on that, either!
Enjoy a meme
20190113_224353.jpg

Yeah thats the new live action series. I was talking about the 1986 animated movie hehe.....starscream rule was a mere few seconds lol:

Honestly they didn't really capture most of starscream nature in the new movies heh....it was sorta my favourite part (TV series friction between him and megatron).
hahahahah poor guy :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom