What's new

Whatever

Thread got closed/deleted. Just want to end on this:

We do not know what languages these people spoke and how it evolved. I haven't read much on that anyway.

To link up the modern "Dravidian" group of languages to these early archaic people would be quite a stretch of imagination!

Brahui has standard lexicon and grammatical structure found only in Dravidian languages....please read:

"Burrow, T., and M. B. Emeneau. A Dravidian etymological dictionary. "

I can give you more resources after that.

The vocab of Brahui has been influenced heavily by Balochi and other languages in its subsequent history after arrival and settling of this branch of migration....so only 10 - 15% original words remain from proto-dravidian roots....and I can recognise them quite easily being a Tamil. I can give a list of them if you want.

Things dont look so isolated for Brahui when you consider there are certain Dravidian vestigials within Sindhi, Gujarati and Marathi (especially older forms of these languages) specifically elements of their grammar that differ from other indo-european languages of the area.

Brahui is not a pure evolved modern Dravidian language for sure (when you classify them as being the southern languages of India)....and after much interbreeding, neither would its people be (esp given the other Dravidians have gotten many more additional different human migrations intermixing with them)....but its one example of what connects many of the subcontinent. There are other Dravidian languages like Gond etc in the tribals of north east india....that have similar different evolution chains given the particular environment and history these people faced.

But language isolates sometimes do carry various links to others languages further away if you study them closely enough as is the case with Brahui.

@django

Please don't discuss other forums here, thank you.

"@Levina It is a ploy to force concessions out of Pakistan. The fact is that not much is to be gained by 'breaking' Pakistan as it leaves us fighting the good, the bad, the ugly terrorist all by ourselves.

Just enough pressure to keep Pakistan occupied within itself and a leverage to allow unhindered focus on addressing Kashmir valley politically as a part of India."

@hellfire I could not reply to your post to Levina as I am not a senior so I am pasting it here to reply to you.

I sincerely hope and pray you are wrong brother. The Baloch people need our help. Did you see how happy and grateful they were last night on Arnob's show that our PM had finally done what no PM before had?

14,000 people just missing. Vanished from the face of this earth brother. 400 bodies with faces disfigured, in unmarked graves. "Pakistan Zindabad" written on the front of their bodies.Whole villages burned and people forced to flee. Their Hazara being systematically killed over the past 10 years. A different issue completely, but same place, different victims. Population demographics being changed. Both Punjabi and Pashtun driving into Baloch lands. Same story as what they did in Azad Kashmir and GB.

What sort of ghoulish crap is this? This is building up to another Bangladesh. And we know what happened to the East Pakistanis then. Till we stepped in to stop the massacre and rapine.

This is not some Kosovo or Rwanda brother. This is right next door. These are our people. If they call themselves Indian, say India is my motherland, say Jai Hind, are we going to say oh that's all very nice, but not our internal problem, and turn our back on them?
I feel sorry for you, the crap you have been fed.

Please don't discuss other forums here, thank you.

I feel sorry for you, the crap you have been fed.
So now after Punjabis occupying Azad kashmir we have Pashtuns.occupying Balochistan
Whats next Seraikis occupying Sindh?

14022306_1215224898529448_3429587334544612003_n.jpg

Ah oh i am on that side of the internet again :-\\
@Spring Onion @pak-marine @django @The Sandman @Moonlight

Back
Top Bottom