What's new

Whatever

I'm going to search for this app....LOL!

I know they might be fun and a good challenge, but please tell me you don't actually believe in the whole brain training phenomenon.

I like the games, but the science behind these programs is iffy, though much work still needs to be done and I can't and wont, as a man of integrity and who refrains from judgement without adequate research, assigned them to the trash bid. Still, Gizmodo does a nice job explaining how, according to our current understanding and some creative wordsmithing, these brain training apps are peddling a modern version of snake oil.

Lumosity's Brain Games Are Bullshit

As entertainment I do find these types of games and activities to be very fun, but I don't take them to seriously as a growth mechanism for my brain. Don't think I'm bashing the games, I am bashing the science behind the claims though.

@levina

i live in the land of democratic censorship and thus can not see the video i am sorry but trust me i know how Syrians feel i know the level of hate for, in the words of a friend who lost relatives,the US and its UN selfish actions which only cares for Israel and does not care about others. You radicalize people when you do not care for them and when there is such a huge difference in words and actions.
@Nihonjin1051 did not want to detract the thread. But things are never correctly seen by one outlook but by many. I understand the way Japan is looking at things right now after the video with Japanese prisoners, I understand how China looks at this region, and I can tell you the most probably troops on the ground will be Indian and not Chinese if anyone from south east asia does go. But the thing forgotten is always the root cause and the media never goes below the problem to understand what causes it and no one bothers to find out. It is frustrating at times to see the singular view people have on things and their lack of understanding towards other views. Like i read in one of your posts there needs to be a balance in this world and there is yet no balance for many things, including the media itself.
A Muslim's Response to Anti-Islam Protesters in Germany
read this it is very informative. then search the comments of Rupert Murdoch after the paris killings and his media empire. With this policy there can never be peace because peace requires honest efforts with controls and checks. One can not say something and by actions do another. im sorry for tagging you so much

Gufi, I have to admit that when I first posted in that thread -- there was anger in my heart -- seeing my people being dressed in orange shirts, hand cuffed and threatened to be beheaded. They don't deserve to be treated such a way , and do not deserve to die so far away from our Homeland. To be just thrown in the deserts of some foreign land -- their bones or ashes should at least be returned to our Homeland. I wrote , in my response, with anger in my heart. So i apologize to you and to others who may have been offended by my first 2 posts in that thread.

Thank You, my friend. Thank you for also sharing your view of what is happening there and the role of Assad. I, personally believe that Assad should have been removed already. But the politics and the complex situation in the region is preventing it. There are too many factors, interests on the ground there -- its annoying, and aggravating, to be honest.

:(

there was anger in my heart
i hope you found some peace writing that out. There is always a bond with countrymen and to see innocents killed is always heart breaking. We need peace in this world and for that we need to show compassion and understanding. To finish terror you need to go to its roots and those roots are deep and at times will end up places which will shock you,
What happened in France for example was Islamic terrorism even though one who died was muslim and one who saved was muslim. You think that makes me feel good as being labelled. And later the muslim who was killed by being stabbed 17 times, and the kiiller was not labelled as christian but as a mental patient. The media is responsible for the hatred and the death and I hope the freedom of speech that is so important can fix the divide in society. I find hypocrisy and labelling and it hurts me too. I hope i have not rambled on but thank you for reading with an open mind.
Moroccan Mohamed El Makouli in France stabbed to death in 'Islamophobic attack' | Daily Mail Online

N my sympathies and prayers are with the families of those innocent people caught by monsters and i hope that they suffer.

I know they might be fun and a good challenge, but please tell me you don't actually believe in the whole brain training phenomenon.

I like the games, but the science behind these programs is iffy, though much work still needs to be done and I can't and wont, as a man of integrity and who refrains from judgement without adequate research, assigned them to the trash bid. Still, Gizmodo does a nice job explaining how, according to our current understanding and some creative wordsmithing, these brain training apps are peddling a modern version of snake oil.

Lumosity's Brain Games Are Bullshit

As entertainment I do find these types of games and activities to be very fun, but I don't take them to seriously as a growth mechanism for my brain. Don't think I'm bashing the games, I am bashing the science behind the claims though.

@levina

Lolzz
If not anything this game has helped to reduce my reaction time.
I do know that these games 're not going to develop my shrinking brain (or may be a completely non existent brain) but I enjoy playing it and am pretty much addicted to it. :lol:

I like the way it shows me my brain map after each game. :ashamed:
Unfortunately you get only 7 lives at a stretch. :(

I dated an Indian girl before, but not a Bangladeshi. :D

Have you? lol

@BDforever .... this is so beautiful. :)

bangladeeshi girls ...
singer konal
konal 106773_2.jpg

singer kornia ...

Bangladeshi singer Korkia (4).png

a beauty... i like her teeth and smile... she's a maal.

I, personally believe that Assad should have been removed already.

bashar al-assad is being a great leader... not many people in history have been in his position... you should listen to his interviews to hostile western tv or friendly reporters from "russia today".

please do go through this picture post ( and next ) of mine... ( Intelligence indicates Assad building nuclear plant: report | Page 6 ).

as the real syrians say... allah, sooriya, bashar oo bas.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom