What's new

Whatever

Hahahahah i seriously have never laughed this loud. OMG kid you have a mind, a creative one at that. I mean it when i say you should write short stories and develop from there. I can find someone to guide you a proper creative copyright to groom you.

Seriously beautiful stuff. I dont like lassi and halwa puri by the way :ashamed:

You win, aap se Allah hamari bachat karaye. :cuckoo:

Steve Jobs and humble? Tum paindu kaunse articles pardh rahi ho?

Plus I am a success story on my own, i didnt need no help. Nor do i need a role model to follow, I am your role model. Admit it, for I, Lord Informant, am your savior.

God has helped me, without His blessings nothing happens.

PAINDU Kid.

Tsk tsk tsk.
Yeah my family also encourages me to do that...dont know about short stories but i would rather like to write and share topics related to my field..that would be more interesting and exciting to write....

and thanks for offering that help...that's very kind of you but we have our own contacts:enjoy:

I only like Mango Lassi not the one made with yogurt...its too heavy and you know some people have it daily in their breakfast especially in summers:what:....Hulwa Pori is only fine once in 6 months:oops: only if its eaten at around 11/12 am and not before that...cant think of having sucha heavy and oily thing as breakfast too early in the morning....:oops: dil kharab huta hey!:argh:

smileys-angry-559707.gif
smileys-angry-662871.gif
@ kid ...yeah when a guy cant match the level of intelligence of a female in any argument then all he can do is call her kid,childish,naive huh:happy: typical!:happy:

and what do you mean by Allah Bachat kuraey apsy?:what: what have i done now?:what:

Last edited:
Hahahahah i seriously have never laughed this loud. OMG kid you have a mind, a creative one at that. I mean it when i say you should write short stories and develop from there. I can find someone to guide you a proper creative copyright to groom you.

Seriously beautiful stuff. I dont like lassi and halwa puri by the way :ashamed:

You win, aap se Allah hamari bachat karaye. :cuckoo:

Steve Jobs and humble? Tum paindu kaunse articles pardh rahi ho?

Plus I am a success story on my own, i didnt need no help. Nor do i need a role model to follow, I am your role model. Admit it, for I, Lord Informant, am your savior.

God has helped me, without His blessings nothing happens.

PAINDU Kid.

Tsk tsk tsk.
you dont like Steve Jobs?:undecided: but i think hes someone we should look up to when we need to get inspired by someone...with his troubled childhood and battling with a dreadful disease like cancer for quite a long time yet striving everyday to make his work and company up to the mark aint a small thing....its needs lot of courage and determination to do that....the company is where it is today because of him...he had given alot to it....

We,who someday if even have a slight fever ,a rough day or a really bad weather to deal with,will prolly like to cancel all our appointments that day,and sit in an air conditioned room whole day just to relax...will show such nakhra wakhra etc but there were people like Steve who were struggling with something 24/7 (health issues) yet they seemed so calm and humble....that is what i was talking about....i dont know what's your defination of humbleness....

and then he died soo soon!:( i think such people should be given appreciation!

I knew it!!
And you've not improved a bit in all these years.8-)

You're just a confused soul hon.:coffee:
I understand when you say you can't relate to something from your distant past as its not a part of you today and your thoughts.But then I'm not asking you to say "Hey I'm white and I'm proud of it"...nope that would be racist.
All I am asking you to do is to accept your heritage and be proud of what your ancestors,be it hindu or muslim, left for their future generations.
And frankly you've very smartly deviated from the topic.I did not ask you to be proud of the single celled organism which brought life to earth.Our debate/discussion did not start there,it started with you very conveniently dumping some of your kings just because you thought you could not relate to their culture and that you might 've problem accepting 'em and their heritage.

I take pride in the fact that we have tajmahal in north,konark the beautiful sun temple in east, meenakshi temple in the south with its beautiful architecture, the ajanta and elora caves (dated to 2nd century) and breathtaking pink fort in jaipur.
Its not about lending a hand in its restoration i am talking about, I genuinely feel the connect.And i would really want to know more about my sophrosyne ancestors,religion no bar.
And you know what? I do relate to ppl in Sri lanka too,why? you would ask.
Its because our mythology is incomplete without Sri Lanka.
And if it is about Africa, then my dear let me tell you if the present day archaeologists find a trace of my ancestry in Africa then I would love to go and probe deeper instead of relenting it.We've a decorous past and i am proud of it.

You didn't understand a word of what I said - My powers of eloquence continue to fail me ! :(

Its alright Auntie, I never expected you to have the neurons to comprehend what I wrote anyhow ! :whistle:

After all your thoughts revolve around cooking Sarsoon-ka-Saag for lunch and gossiping with your lady friends in the evening before driving crazy that poor soul Mr.Levina ! :sarcastic:

And what is so wrong in saying 'Hey I'm white and I'm proud of it' ? :what:

I wish you Brownies would stop being racist about our complexions and say 'White...white....White' all the time; you don't hear us saying 'Brown....brown...Brown' all the time ! :p:

Dear Lord was this post a bit too condescending ? :o:

Sorry, you know I'm just kidding ! :ashamed:

You didn't understand a word of what I said - My powers of eloquence continue to fail me !
Its alright Auntie, I never expected you to have the neurons to comprehend what I wrote anyhow !
After all your thoughts revolve around cooking Sarsoon-ka-Saag for lunch and gossiping with your lady friends in the evening before driving crazy that poor soul Mr.Levina !
And what is so wrong in saying 'Hey I'm white and I'm proud of it' ?
I wish you Brownies would stop being racist about our complexions and say 'White...white....White' all the time; you don't hear us saying 'Brown....brown...Brown' all the time !
Dear Lord was this post a bit too condescending ?
Sorry, you know I'm just kidding !
Accept it baby that you deviated from the topic and were caught red handed.:coffee:
You do that often,remember the kargil war and ISI discussion??You had used the same strategy then too :P
Somehow this reminds me of Pakone's one liner about u :lol:

I am talking about INDIAN trolls :devil:
excusez moi???8-)

Accept it baby that you deviated from the topic and were caught red handed.:coffee:
You do that often,remember the kargil war and ISI discussion??You had used the same strategy then too :P
Somehow this reminds me of Pakone's one liner about u :lol:

excusez moi???8-)

*Thought Process Going On*
She is still insisting on the 'you deviated from the topic' narrative to cover up her inability to understand what I wrote ! She is an old lady with a low self-esteem so maybe telling her that she's dumber than a dodo-bird would be far too cruel so perhaps the only humane thing to do is to agree with her ! :unsure:

Yes...yes I deviated from the topic and you caught me red-handed ! :(

*Thought Process Going On*
She is still insisting on the 'you deviated from the topic' narrative to cover up her inability to understand what I wrote ! She is an old lady with a low self-esteem so maybe telling her that she's dumber than a dodo would be far too cruel so perhaps the only humane thing to do is to agree with her ! :unsure:

Yes...yes I deviated from the topic and you caught me red-handed ! :(

Yes I do 've a problem...and its when you take U-turn from what we were discussing.

This is what you had to say....you snubbed your heritage just because it was associated with a particular religion...Hinduism.
Armstrong said:
You have to understand that in Pakistan whereas we are conscious of our heritage in the form of the Indus Valley Civilization, Mehergarh, Gandhara etc. for us thats like a past that we can't really relate to in much the same way a Hindu can
Armstrong said:
I mean take the example of Porus.......... on the ground he doesn't invoke the same kind of sense of ownership that a Hindu may have about Ashoka

Armstrong said:
but do feel a sense of greater ownership to a Muslim Civilization as opposed to one exclusive to our ethnic or linguistic groups; which is to say that a Pakistani, on average, feels a greater sense of affinity to the Kingdom of Andalusia where the Golden Age of Islam saw Muslim contribution reach the zeniths of intellectual pursuits of that time, than he does to Porus or Dahir or any of the other Kings from a bygone era that most of us can't really relate to.

Those were your words Mr.Butt. :coffee:

Now go on and call me a dud, atleast I dont lie the way you do.

Yes I do 've a problem...and its when you take U-turn from what we were discussing.

This is what you had to say....you snubbed your heritage just because it was associated with a particular religion...Hinduism.

Those were your words Mr.Butt. :coffee:

Now go on and call me a dud, atleast I dont lie the way you do.

Where is the U-turn in any of that ? :crazy:

I know how much you hate this emoticon ! :D

But you are a little bit :crazy: ! :p:

I didn't snub my heritage I just can't relate to it and besides heritage doesn't mean anything to me anyhow; its an irrational concept when it gives birth to a sense of Nationhood !

And I do feel a greater sense of ownership to the Kingdom of Andalusia because I can relate to it but even that as a Romanticized notion doesn't mean anything to me !

Aivaiiin.....khud baat samajh aatiii nahin aur mujhee liar...liar kehnaa shuru ho jaiin aaap ! :disagree:

I didn't snub my heritage
You did hon!!!
Just that you guise it with "I cant relate to it" words.

Armstrong said:
I just can't relate to it and besides heritage doesn't mean anything to me anyhow; its an irrational concept when it gives birth to a sense of Nationhood !
There!! you almost said it.
Btw heritage and nationhood go hand in hand.

Armstrong said:
And I do feel a greater sense of ownership to the Kingdom of Andalusia because I can relate to it but even that as a Romanticized notion doesn't mean anything to me !
so be it!!!
I just wanted you to come clear about it.

Armstrong said:
Aivaiiin.....khud baat samajh aatiii nahin aur mujhee liar...liar kehnaa shuru ho jaiin aaap !
Aur tumse toh maine umeed hi chor di hai ki tum meri baat samajh kar uska reply karoge.You go about beating around the bush,thats your habit. And if at all you've to blame anything then blame your own incomprehensible one page long sentences with unwanted punctuation and lies.:coffee:

And sorry that emoticon doesnt irritate me anymore...you use it so often in your posts that i've got used to it now.
But frankly it suits you better :-)
I really want to ask,that Mr.ahem ahem Butt do you really have a problem with your top floor :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:??

Me likey that emoticon!!! <3 <3 <3
:lol:

Frankly I do know that you develop piranha like sensibilities when you get offended:lol:...I am so sorry if i did offend you :P

:p::p::p::p::p:
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

You did hon!!!
Just that you guise it with "I cant relate to it" words.

There!! you almost said it.
Btw heritage and nationhood go hand in hand.

so be it!!!
I just wanted you to come clear about it.

Aur tumse toh maine umeed hi chor di hai ki tum meri baat samajh kar uska reply karoge.You go about beating around the bush,thats your habit. And if at all you've to blame anything then blame your own incomprehensible one page long sentences with unwanted punctuation and lies.:coffee:

And sorry that emoticon doesnt irritate me anymore...you use it so often in your posts that i've got used to it now.
But frankly it suits you better :-)
I really want to ask,that Mr.ahem ahem Butt do you really have a problem with your top floor :cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:??

Me likey that emoticon!!! <3 <3 <3
:lol:

Frankly I do know that you develop piranha like sensibilities when you get offended:lol:...I am so sorry if i did offend you :P

:p::p::p::p::p:
:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

What are you on about Auntie ? :unsure:

I wrote as clearly and concisely as I could - You are the one who is superimposing your own views on my words after giving them a spin and telling me something I said that I didn't - Ufff kitnii ghalat baaat haiii ! :disagree:

Heritage doesn't mean a thing because there is no start or end to it nor is it contingent on either the emotions of pride or shame; Relating to something is something quite different !

I don't relate to Raja Dahir...he doesn't mean anything to me but then again nor does Muhammad bin Qasim but his culture, traditions, values and outlook on life and about life is something that I can read about and go 'Ahhh so thats where he was coming from' whereas whatever the Hindus of ages past and present did or believed in isn't remotely a part of my culture, traditions, values or the outlook on life !

For godsake a few decades ago - You and I couldn't even drink out of the same glass let alone sharing a common world-view; how can I then relate to a Hindu King from a bygone era who believed in things that I never have and nor was he fighting for my particular ethnicity or linguistic group for me to feel a connection in that manner either because my ethnicity and my linguistic group back then either hand't refined itself into something with a separate identity or hadn't existed at that point in time altogether.

This is not a 'good/bad' or a 'proud/ashamed' thing but more of a question of whether you can relate to it or not and hence would have some sense of ownership for that or not !

What are you on about Auntie ?
Hehehe...you and you piranha like sensibilities :P

Armstrong said:
I wrote as clearly and concisely as I could - You are the one who is superimposing your own views on my words after giving them a spin and telling me something I said that I didn't - Ufff kitnii ghalat baaat haiii !
Heritage doesn't mean a thing because there is no start or end to it nor is it contingent on either the emotions of pride or shame; Relating to something is something quite different !
I don't relate to Raja Dahir...he doesn't mean anything to me but then again nor does Muhammad bin Qasim but his culture, traditions, values and outlook on life and about life is something that I can read about and go 'Ahhh so thats where he was coming from' whereas whatever the Hindus of ages past and present did or believed in isn't remotely a part of my culture, traditions, values or the outlook on life !
This is where you and I differ.Somehow i can relate to the non-hindu heritage too.I dont really blame you,hindus 're a minority in your country and I am not sure if at all your interact with 'em in your daily life.And heck you dont even relate to the harappan culture.
But to me I relate to Akbar,Tipu Sultan as much as much as I relate to say PrithiviRaj Chauhan, a part of Indian history stems from them.And somebody rightly said that "a people's relationship to their heritage is the same as the relationship of a child to its mother".

Armstrong said:
how can I then relate to a Hindu King from a bygone era who believed in things that I never have and nor was he fighting for my particular ethnicity or linguistic group
I told ya that i am NOT you,I relate to kings and emperors who might not have fought for my ethinicity,but since they were a part of India's past I accept them.

Hehehe...you and you piranha like sensibilities :P

I'm a Great White Shark, thank you very much ! :smokin:

This is where you and I differ.Somehow i can relate to the non-hindu heritage too.I dont really blame you,hindus 're a minority in your country and I am not sure if at all your interact with 'em in your daily life.And heck you dont even relate to the harappan culture.
But to me I relate to Akbar,Tipu Sultan as much as much as I relate to say PrithiviRaj Chauhan, a part of Indian history stems from them.And somebody rightly said that "a people's relationship to their heritage is the same as the relationship of a child to its mother".

Thats probably because of two things:

(1) India took the idea of a geographic and historic India and superimposed it onto the State of India as if there is some sort of historical, anthropological or even geographical continuity between the two; right or wrong, that has given rise to the feeling that a part of your history stems from the histories of those who you have nothing in common with in an ethnic or linguistic sense except the passport the both of you carry.

In our case - that ain't so; we never spun a national narrative involving a Maha Bharat and us being its scions.

We instead took an Ethnic Narrative (Sindhi hum, Balochi hum, Punjabi hum, Pathan hum, eik Parcham ke nichee......) on one hand a Religious Narrative (Muslim Homeland) and tried to find a syncretism between the two - However much we've succeeded at that or not and more so whether we even tried to succeed at that or not are both up for debates but thats a separate debate altogether. Its relevance to this is that we never pegged our National Identity to the Greater India or the Greater Indian Civilization thing that you guys did hence for us the Hindu Kings and Queens from those times don't hold much meaning for us nor can we relate to them that much.

We can relate to people like Ranjit Singh - as a son of Punjab - but even his ruthlessness to Muslims doesn't endow him with our love and reverence that much.

(2) For you it matters that there is something called an Indian Heritage and something called an Indian Civilization and for you the first identifiable point in time where something called an Indian Civilization popped up is where your History starts for you !

For me it doesn't.....I don't draw that line there because I find it irrational to do so as my heritage is either what my Mother gave me or it is what my ancestors gave me. Now whatever my Mother gave me stays with me but whatever my ancestors gave me is something I just don't know because as someone with an avid interest in anthropology I don't know why in God's name would I be so illogical as to draw a line a 1000, 5000 or 10,000 years back into the past when all of my so-called ancestors have changed their cultures, their languages, their values, their traditions and even their religions many-times-over.

If a Punjabi past is my Heritage than strictly speaking I'm not even an Ethnic Punjabi nor is there, strictly speaking, something called an Ethnic Punjabi.

But if I am a Kashmiri - I don't even speak Koshur (my ancestral tongue) nor do I prescribe to the Culture of the Kashmir Valley and I've never felt the need to learn either of those things because I don't give a wooden nickle about these artificial constructs where loaded words like 'Heritage' is used to described something that the Kashmiri of today wouldn't be original enough for the Kashmiri of a 100 years ago & a Kashmiri of a 100 years ago wouldn't be original enough for one that lived a 1000 years ago and so on and so forth back to the first bright guy who had the idea 'Lets call ourselves the Butts....I'm sure it had a perfectly respectable meaning in every language out there' :lol:

Back
Top Bottom