What's new

Whatever

On the other hand, our new club, Bengaluru FC, is making good strides in the I-League.:-)

Football is still very popular with the majority of Keralites in Bangalore. No less than three of my Mallu friends are regulars in local Football teams.

When I came to New Zealand, the best Indian origin player I knew here was a Keralite as well :toast_sign:

I have the first few issues of JL from the start of the DC reboot. The ones where Superman encounters Batman, Green Lantern and Flash for the very first time. Needless to say, the encounter didn;t go well fo Bats, GL and Flash For starters, GL was really cocky and had to be humbled by Supes.

I started out by reading X-Man comics when I used to travel by trains in India. Moved onto other characters from there.

I have the first few issues of JL from the start of the DC reboot. The ones where Superman encounters Batman, Green Lantern and Flash for the very first time. Needless to say, the encounter didn;t go well fo Bats, GL and Flash For starters, GL was really cocky and had to be humbled by Supes.

Yeah...I have the those ebooks too. But I don't know why the role of the resident jester had to shift from Flash to GL.

When I came to New Zealand, the best Indian origin player I knew here was a Keralite as well :toast_sign:

I'd be surprised if it still isn't a Keralite. :-) (I have a feeling there aren't many NE Indians in NZ)

Yeah...I have the those ebooks too. But I don't know why the role of the resident jester had to shift from Flash to GL.

when your weakness is colour Yellow, of course you have to don that role.

stay out of McDee's

Indeed! First thing I thought to myself after reading a few pages of GL dialouge was "Wow this isn't the Hal Jordan I remember"

I'd be surprised if it still isn't a Keralite. :-) (I have a feeling there aren't many NE Indians in NZ)

Punjabis rule the roost when it comes to the Indian Diaspora. The cultural events are dominated by them too. As well as the organisation here.

I have noticed the Keralites here either keep to themselves or mingle more with the Kiwis they meet through Church.

Sad to say, never got on that well with Punjabis. Have more white friends than I do Indian friends.

Indeed! First thing I thought to myself after reading a few pages of GL dialouge was "Wow this isn't the Hal Jordan I remember"

As @Indischer would confirm I am trying to make a credible Indian super hero. I pitched the idea to him. I just have to write something.

when your weakness is colour Yellow, of course you have to don that role.

stay out of McDee's

I'd grown used to the Flash acting goofy and GL acting cocky. Can't digest him having both attributes now. And for someone whose constructs and powers stem from immense will, I find it hard to see his character act weak and vain. In any case, the comics have actually fcuked a lot with Hal Jordan's character. So what's one more insult in along list? :lol:

I'd grown used to the Flash acting goofy and GL acting cocky. Can't digest him having both attributes now. And for someone whose constructs and powers stem from immense will, I find it hard to see his character act weak and vain. In any case, the comics have actually fcuked a lot with Hal Jordan's character. So what's one more insult in along list? :lol:

A lot of the character inconsistencies actually can be traced to editorial board decisions than the writers themselves.

Punjabis rule the roost when it comes to the Indian Diaspora. The cultural events are dominated by them too. As well as the organisation here.

I have noticed the Keralites here either keep to themselves or mingle more with the Kiwis they meet through Church.

Sad to say, never got on that well with Punjabis. Have more white friends than I do Indian friends.

As @Indischer I am trying to make a credible Indian super hero. I pitched the idea to him. I just have to write something.

How about NE Indians though? Are they in substantial numbers?

A lot of the character inconsistencies actually can be traced to editorial board decisions than the writers themselves.

Perhaps the fans should also have a greater say in such matters. Like how they conducted a poll to decide on the fate of Jason Todd, a similar poll ought to have been conducted before they messed up with some well-established trends.

Never met one here to be honest.

I am pretty sure there are, up there in Auckland.

Indians living in a Northeastern city of NZ won't become NEIndians. :lol: Admit it, there are none in NZ!:partay:

Perhaps the fans should also have a greater say in such matters. Like how they conducted a poll to decide on the fate of Jason Todd, a similar poll ought to have been conducted before they messed up with some well-established trends.

@Indischer @KAL-EL will it be racist as heck if I said Hal Jordan can easily be defeated by an Asian super villain because his weakness is Yellow?

Back
Top Bottom