What's new

Whatever

no worries chappal chor i am sure you are going to make your day in office also. You will successfully be able to "Chori" chappals of your colleagues :D

Best of Luck

aaj to mera manager khud apni chappal dene ko tayyar ho jaaeyga... after all poora online trading rook gayi hai custom department ki........ saara import expost band.

Brain scan can read people's thoughts: researchers

Thu Mar 11, 12:41 pm ET
WASHINGTON (AFP) – A scan of brain activity can effectively read a person's mind, researchers said Thursday.

British scientists from University College London found they could differentiate brain activity linked to different memories and thereby identify thought patterns by using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI).

The evidence suggests researchers can tell which memory of a past event a person is recalling from the pattern of their brain activity alone.

"We've been able to look at brain activity for a specific episodic memory -- to look at actual memory traces," said senior author of the study, Eleanor Maguire.

"We found that our memories are definitely represented in the hippocampus. Now that we've seen where they are, we have an opportunity to understand how memories are stored and how they may change through time."

The results, reported in the March 11 online edition of Current Biology, follow an earlier discovery by the same team that they could tell where a person was standing within a virtual reality room in the same way.

The researchers say the new results move this line of research along because episodic memories -- recollections of everyday events -- are expected to be more complex, and thus more difficult to crack than spatial memory.

In the study, Maguire and her colleagues Martin Chadwick, Demis Hassabis, and Nikolaus Weiskopf showed 10 people each three very short films before brain scanning. Each movie featured a different actress and a fairly similar everyday scenario.

The researchers scanned the participants' brains while the participants were asked to recall each of the films. The researchers then ran the imaging data through a computer algorithm designed to identify patterns in the brain activity associated with memories for each of the films.

Finally, they showed that those patterns could be identified to accurately predict which film a given person was thinking about when he or she was scanned.

The results imply that the traces of episodic memories are found in the brain, and are identifiable, even over many re-activations, the researchers said.

The results reinforce the findings of a 2008 US study that showed similar scans can determine what images people are seeing based on brain activity.

Hello Good morning,

I am still Gold medalist in this thread with most number of posts
Xebex Silver
Emo has lost her Silver position and now is ranked at Bronze :D

---------------------------------------

How are you btw

Recognize this place :D ------- I know easy one

e6ad5a35b99458a104522a4ee51828c6.jpg

St Peter's burg Russia or is it Moscow?

oh well i guess i can accept this answer :tup:

Its not St Peter's burg............ its Saint Basil's Cathedral in Moscow . They are known as "Onion Domes" in Moscow. Its not the only building with similar architecture. Onion Domes are very popular in Russia

Another pic of the same building

4a038673ba293353d9e638d4d936df94.jpg

Would love to visit Russia one day :yahoo:

Name this clock and the city name

1) Picture

5a9439ba50335369da282840a73abdca.jpg

2) Picture

45865413188841284f1d125a0ec56c98.jpg

I will be back after an hour hopefully

@zaki: wrong answer .. It is the Spear of Prhophet PBUH.

you are wrong again my friend.............. kya kar rahay ho :hitwall:

010ef090fdda1317c8c2254b24cc1238.jpg

f7cba9741c5c9b73625d15686149b455.jpg

Hatf is a sword which the prophet Muhammad took as booty from the Banu Qaynaqa. It is said that King David took his sword “al-Battar” from Goliath as booty when he defeated him, but he was less than 20 years old. God gave King David the ability to work with iron, to make armor and weapons and instruments of war, and he made for himself a sword. It was thus that the Hatf sword came about, resembling the al-Battar but larger than it. He used this sword and it was passed onto the tribe of Levites who kept the weapons of the Israelites until it passed into the hands of the prophet Muhammad.

Source: huhuhu - Swords of the Prophet Muhammad SAW

hey is this the pic of orginal sword of Muhammad saheb?

i think so but not sure however i know few other swords of him placed in museum

You can see the pictures of those swords from Google

If you say i will share a few and if i am not wrong the link i shared above showing all the popular swords of him (not sure)

Back
Top Bottom