What's new

Whatever

Received this email:
Things your burglar won't tell you

This is actually a really great email filled with some tips that I never would have thought of, so I am passing it along for all of your protection. One of these tips could save you or someone who receives the email resulting from it being passed along!!

Things Your Burglar Won't Tell You:
1. Of course I look familiar. I was here just last week cleaning your carpets, painting your shutters, or delivering your new refrigerator.

2. Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.

3. Love those flowers. That tells me you have taste ... And taste means there are nice things inside. Those yard toys your kids leave out always make me wonder what type f gaming system they have.

4. Yes, I really do look for newspapers piled up on the driveway. And I might leave a pizza flyer in your front door to see how long it takes you to remove it.

5. If it snows while you're out of town, get a neighbor to create car and foot tracks into the house. Virgin drifts in the driveway are a dead giveaway.

6. If decorative glass is part of your front entrance, don't let your alarm company install the control pad where I can see if it's set. That makes it too easy.

7. A good security company alarms the window over the sink. And the windows on the second floor, which often access the master bedroom-and your jewelry. It's not a bad idea to put motion detectors up there too.

8. It's raining, you're fumbling with your umbrella, and you forget to lock your door-understandable. But understand this: I don't take a day off because of bad weather..

9. I always knock first.. If you answer, I'll ask for directions somewhere or offer to clean your gutters. (Don't take me up on it.)

10. Do you really think I won't look in your sock drawer? I always check dresser drawers, the bedside table, and the medicine cabinet..

11. Helpful hint: I almost never go into kids' rooms.

12. You're right: I won't have enough time to break into that safe
where you keep your valuables. But if it's not bolted down, I'll take it with me.

13.. A loud TV or radio can be a better deterrent than the best alarm system. If you're reluctant to leave your TV on while you're out of town, you can buy a $35 device that works on a timer and simulates the flickering glow of a real television. (Find it at faketv.com.)

14. Sometimes, I carry a clipboard. Sometimes, I dress like a lawn guy and carry a rake. I do my best to never ever look like a crook.

15. The two things I hate most: loud dogs and nosy neighbors.

16. I'll break a window to get in, even if it makes a little noise.. If your neighbor hears one loud sound, he'll stop what he's doing and wait to hear it again. If he doesn't hear it again, he'll just go back to what he was doing. It's human nature.

17. I'm not complaining, but why would you pay all that money for a fancy alarm system and leave your house without setting it?

18. I love looking in your windows. I'm looking for signs that you're home, and for flat screen TVs or gaming systems I'd like. I'll drive or walk through your neighborhood at night, before you close the blinds, just to pick my targets..

19. Avoid announcing your vacation on your Facebook page. It's easier than you think to look up your address.

20. To you, leaving that window open just a crack during the day is a way to let in a little fresh air. To me, it's an invitation.

21. If you don't answer when I knock, I try the door. Occasionally, I hit the jackpot and walk right in.

Sources: Convicted burglars in North Carolina , Oregon , California , and Kentucky ; security consultant Chris McGoey, who runs crimedoctor.com; and Richard T. Wright, a criminology professor at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, who interviewed 105 burglars for his book"Burglars on the Job".

Hey, thanks for letting me use the bathroom when I was working in your yard last week. While I was in there, I unlatched the back window to make my return a little easier.
:cry:FriendlyTroll fell prey to this tactic, here’s how:

One night a few months ago I was home alone when at around 3am a thief broke into my house using the above mentioned technique. He knew where the money, credit cards, and other things of his interest were. He had a revolver in his hand but I didn’t lose my mind and luckily managed to disarm him and made go empty-handed.

The interesting thing is it was the first time I saw a revolver. Want to know the worst thing? The worst thing is the thief is my friend’s brother whom I had let stay at our home for like a month because he was jobless and his parents were too poor to take up any extra burden.

Lessons learned:
1) Do listen to your mom when she says she has suspicions about a certain friend of yours.

2) Don’t feel sympathy for anyone.

3) Remember your home is just yours, so don’t let anyone move in and explore the hell out of it. Remember Israel lol.

4) Rote learn > ghar ka bhedi lanka dhye.

Edit: I haven’t told my parents about this incident.

bus kiya krain imran bhai ramdan ma ap ko prison ma jana parta hay na chalain tension na lain eid kareeb hay azadi mil jai gi phir aish kijiya ga :P

hukum kya yaar hum kon hoty hai hukum kerny waly bus aik bat ki thi. yahaan sara din azdoori ker ke bevi bachoon ka peet palty hai hum to:rolleyes:

array barray bhai b to hukm detay hotay hn na... aur mazdoori kr bv bachon ka pait paalnay mn kon c qabahat hy? ye to sunnat hy:)

bus kiya krain imran bhai ramdan ma ap ko prison ma jana parta hay na chalain tension na lain eid kareeb hay azadi mil jai gi phir aish kijiya ga :P

is thread main sari pablic ik dosry ko ramzaann main band kra rahi hai sary aik jesy hai shayed:lol: wesy main azzaad hoon dekh len:bounce: or haan main so raha hoon kal milty hai phir:wave:

array barray bhai b to hukm detay hotay hn na... aur mazdoori kr bv bachon ka pait paalnay mn kon c qabahat hy? ye to sunnat hy:)

phly baat main bara bhai shayed na hoon zara e mail dena main pics bheg doon:rofl::rofl: or rahi mazdoori yaar ye bhut mushkil kam hai:cry:

Back
Top Bottom