• overdependence on foreign equippment

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • delay in almost every defence project

Votes: 9 29.0%
  • bureaucracy and corruption

Votes: 7 22.6%

• Total voters
.It Was Not For Deployed Soldiers But Training Cadets

PS : Sir No Disrespect Unlike Norway Which Has Active army of Almost Mere 25K Soldiers You will Surprise to Know That India Command More Battalions of Special Forces in Seer Numbers than Whole Norwegian Army Combined. Indian Armed Forces Comprises of 3 Million in Numbers Which Has Its Toll Modernization is Just Picked in IA In Decade the Picture Will be Changed

[/QUOTE]
It looks like your Special Forces are badly equipped as well. Poor vests and helmets.

Here are some OLD pictures of SSG.

Vwb4Gja.jpg

9iUDPuK.jpg

Nfhx6Q4.jpg

wORsrZ8.jpg

hDde7u9.png

DaNrYVI.png

zarrar.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Like mentioned earlier

Assuming cost of equipping each solider with above gear (including maintenance) is approx =$10,000

Total troops numbers
India = 4.7 million = $47 billion = entire India's defence spending per annum currently.
Norway = 71,740 = $717 million

List of countries by number of military and paramilitary personnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Above gear can be only afforded in the coming decade, if India reaches a $ 5 trillion economy
Thats interesting - so we spend $5,866 more than India? Now that our defence budget is $9.52 Billion thanks to inflation.

I'll chime in too. I really dislike the current outfitting of Indian infantry. It's underwhelming.

Indian regulars:
12438981_995440380494585_2319954061358131200_n.jpg

Versus ours:
AFA_6287.jpg

AFA_6352.jpg

But, but... you're a rich country. NATO standards:cry:.

No, shut up. You're not spending enough on your individual troops.

Even our Home Guard, which is the beer league of military units, is better outfitted then your regulars!!!

Bifrost%2C%20Foto%20Julie%20Hjermstad_24.jpg

IMG_8989_20151007_%C3%98velse_Nivlheim.jpg

Knee pads? Sights? NV mounts and goggles? helmets with ear protection? Comms gear? Need to step up the spending guys.
What is the strength of your army? We are a developing country and you are a developed country, and we know we lack few things, they are been addressed in stages, our special forces itself is over 90,000 so for a 1.3 million soldiers it takes time

The thing I don't liwrestler dian army is they are skinny
But Rambo types are rejected in Indian army, because my brother who is a wrestler who weighs 95 KGS and 6'1" tall was rejected because the army recruiters said that he was too huge and they don't want wrestlers :undecided: but now he is happy as he earns more money.

I'll chime in too. I really dislike the current outfitting of Indian infantry. It's underwhelming.

Indian regulars:
12438981_995440380494585_2319954061358131200_n.jpg

Versus ours:
AFA_6287.jpg

AFA_6352.jpg

Even our Home Guard, which is the beer league of military units, is better outfitted then your regulars!!!

Bifrost%2C%20Foto%20Julie%20Hjermstad_24.jpg

IMG_8989_20151007_%C3%98velse_Nivlheim.jpg

Knee pads? Sights? NV mounts and goggles? helmets with ear protection? Comms gear? Need to step up the spending guys.

You're right.

We have to ramp up on the personnel protection part of the soldiers.

That's what I always emphasize on.

The thing I don't like about the Indian army is they are skinny

They get the job done as efficiently as anyone else.

The enlisting process is equal for all; if you can pass through it, you can manage anything.

We have a saying; if you can clear the Mizoram jungle training programme, you can manage anything.

It looks like your Special Forces are badly equipped as well. Poor vests and helmets.

Here are some OLD pictures of SSG.

Vwb4Gja.jpg

9iUDPuK.jpg

Nfhx6Q4.jpg

wORsrZ8.jpg

hDde7u9.png

DaNrYVI.png

zarrar.jpg

Sir you desperate to prove your Ego and superiority but its very Far from fact because you not Searched for facts

Whatever makes you happy if that's the case
If you need to learn facts kindly search it

There thread in PDF itself of Indian Special forces go through it if you want learn something.

Last edited:
Probably its the reason why - a coalition of countries 500k strong couldn't defeat shepherds with Aks - while Pakistan has taken territory the size of Italy from the Talis and sent over 20k of them to hell.
Please note something important , that you forgot while boasting.

You were and are fighting the enemy to reclaim land (the size of Italy as your boastfully put it) - in your own country! You not only speak their language and have their religion. You are fighting in and on a terrain that you know - And not only that - thee logistics were a breeze for you - because the warzone is your country itself.

The Norwegians, Americans or other allied partners were fighting thousands of kilometers away from their homes! They don't share either the language, religion or the mannerisms. The logistics alone would be very difficult, let alone other aspects.

Any kind of comparison is fallacious and facetious. Lest of all any kind of feeling of being proud by Pakistanis at fighting a war in your own country.

Sir, the bottom line is that the money does not allow. For an Army of over 2 million people, with our economy right now. Its just not possible.

In a decade maybe.

But the other and significantly more important reason is that - our prospective enemies don't have much better gear than us either. The Pakistani Army regular's are roughly about the same equipped as ours - marginally better as Pakistan is a military driven security state with the Army prioritizing its own.

And as far as the Chinese go - their divisions tasked with India are not their front line units and therefore neglected as well.

As one general put it - you don't need F-22's to bomb the Taliban when an F-16 can do the job just as well.

Last edited:
There exists corruption in procurement of items meant for Army canteen. Ask any guy working at Controller of Defence Accounts. Besides selling expensive liquors at a highly subsidised price is unnecessary. The Ministry of Defence and the GHQ needs to rein in on these shortcomings.

@Talwar e Pakistan Just google How Many Different Types SF Battalions Did Indian Armed Forces command and also Compare it in Numbers Unlike Pakistan Which Has only SSG its Primary SF

B-WvPNuCIAAiF1S.jpg:large

zQglrP7.jpg

119ead78a354fde2a4229b7351629a00.jpg

6osSg.jpg

main-qimg-4275b953de939a2b35319f1c2ec1a836

garud3_1451892663.jpg

00001_487.jpg

g3ZaP6v.jpg

There exists corruption in procurement of items meant for Army canteen. Ask any guy working at Controller of Defence Accounts. Besides selling expensive liquors at a highly subsidised price is unnecessary. The Ministry of Defence and the GHQ needs to rein in on these shortcomings.
Its Not Only that But there is Due To Excessive Dependence on PSU and Govt Firms For Equipment For Long Times

Last edited:
Pakistan Which Has only SSG its Primary SF

zQglrP7.jpg

These are Indians? They can be mistaken for "tanned " East Asians, actually. Lol. I'm guessing these brothers are from the Northeast of India, closer to China and Burma? They look closer to my Race than to the typical Indian. :)

Gear and equipment are horrible - physical condition and overstress is also a problem within the Indian army.
Thanks for your insight about the Indian Army which you know squat about. I suggest you look after your own Pak Army first.

These are Indians? They can be mistaken for "tanned " East Asians, actually. Lol. I'm guessing these brothers are from the Northeast of India, closer to China and Burma? They look closer to my Race than to the typical Indian. :)
Right! They're from North East India! :-)

Thanks for your insight about the Indian Army which you know squat about. I suggest you look after your own Pak Army first.

Right! They're from North East India! :-)

I see. Does the IA deploy certain ethnic groups to certain regions of the country?

I see. Does the IA deploy certain ethnic groups to certain regions of the country?
No, troops are rotated throughout the country in their service.but since most of our international border is mountainous terrain and most of the mongoloid looking Indians ( NE India,Gorkhas,Tibetans) comes from mountainous regions, they are the first to be deployed during hostilities in those areas due to many factors...like NAGA Regiment was the first unit to be deployed during kargil war as the regions is mountainous,Assam regiment deployed in NE India to fight the insurgencies there as a unit made up of local NE Indians.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom