What's new

What the goals of the establishment should be next

Establishments next move should be to calm the masses and come across as being reconcillitary and helping to bring institutions, political parties to the table to hammer out a way out of the current mess that would mean agreeing to an election date.

Reality is they will try to go back to the old status quo and put another puppet in power.

This set up for Pak hasn't worked since its inception, for Pak to be prosperous a change in governance and style of governance needs to take place with strong institutions propped up that can operate independently per the constitution.

Establishments next move should be to calm the masses and come across as being reconcillitary and helping to bring institutions, political parties to the table to hammer out a way out of the current mess that would mean agreeing to an election date.

Reality is they will try to go back to the old status quo and put another puppet in power.

This set up for Pak hasn't worked since its inception, for Pak to be prosperous a change in governance and style of governance needs to take place with strong institutions propped up that can operate independently per the constitution.
Agreed, stronger more effective institutions that know what they are doing are required.

The problem is that strong institutions do get set-up but nepotism ruins them from the inside. Lack of meritocracy leads to sarkari useless types in charge and the institution becomes useless and ineffective leading us back to square one.

Last edited:
Then we are on the same page, this is why I created the thread because I believe they require reform from within.

The boomer mentality is strong with them and there's a lot of problems that need addressing, some which they ignore due to incompetency or other reasons.

Of course the corruption stuff too but what we immediately need is priority of meritocracy. And attention to the above mentioned details. Nation building, and narrative building is not strong enough or done in a very weak manner.

Only nation this country considers a possible enemy is India - the moment those attacking them are Muslim they go into ummah chummah mode and start sucking them off instead. How on Earth can you fight insurgencies with Islamist touch like that? The solution is not liberalism like they might think
I wish you are right that the establishment is for Pakistan- like I said, I doubt this to be the case. I doubt it has been the case since the beginning.

Only nation this country considers a possible enemy is India - the moment those attacking them are Muslim they go into ummah chummah mode and start sucking them off instead. How on Earth can you fight insurgencies with Islamist touch like that? The solution is not liberalism like they might think
I disagree with you here. For me Pakistan is a state with exceptional responsibility and destiny. It was formed with this weight in mind. Not as a multi-ethnic state that some of us would like to imagine it as. Iqbal literally invited Muhammad Asad to represent us at the UN. Please tell me what exactly Muhammad Asad has to do with indigenous cultures?

But the establishment has settled for mediocrity since the beginning. If we had been a successful state that we could have been- had we ruthlessly prioritized exceptionalism and meritocracy- then the neighbors who are hellbent on sabotaging us would be jealous of us. We would have tons of soft power that we could use in the Muslim world. We could have been what Prussia was to the Germanic states in the Rhine.

So I guess it depends. What are we exactly? A multi-ethnic state or an Islamic republic par excellence?

I don't think establishment is against Pakistan, just incompetent due to a boomer mentality and doesn't care about controlling public narrative enough which allows far-fetched conspiracy theories to flourish. (If establishment was truly an American-outpost you wouldn't have nukes right now or be this close to China)

They were engaged in corruption they didn't want to be known publicly which would ruin their reputation especially in this current political instability, and Arshad Sharif was building an evidence trail against them so they killed him is my assumption.

I just want the establishment to show some competency in managing different aspects of the country more effectively (mentioned above), which is imperative to it's survival and keeping up with the environment. Otherwise we'll be left in the dirt.

On IK, I think he was removed due to his naivety, pacifism and security policies he wanted. But with a bit more media training and explaining to him why his mindset is wrong, I think he's a better asset than all the other options.
Establishment may not be consciously anti-Pakistan, but it's definitely staunchly pro westeran colonial agenda, which almost always clashes with Pakistan's interests and that's what makes establishment Anti-Pakistan.

The goal of the Establishment is constant, since 1947, and that is to snatch and retain, as much political power as possible. This goal is not going to change, unless people rise against it.

I disagree with you here. For me Pakistan is a state with exceptional responsibility and destiny. It was formed with this weight in mind. Not as a multi-ethnic state that some of us would like to imagine it as. Iqbal literally invited Muhammad Asad to represent us at the UN. Please tell me what exactly Muhammad Asad has to do with indigenous cultures?

But the establishment has settled for mediocrity since the beginning. If we had been a successful state that we could have been- had we ruthlessly prioritized exceptionalism and meritocracy- then the neighbors who are hellbent on sabotaging us would be jealous of us. We would have tons of soft power that we could use in the Muslim world. We could have been what Prussia was to the Germanic states in the Rhine.

So I guess it depends. What are we exactly? A multi-ethnic state or an Islamic republic par excellence?
I would say both for that question, it requires a unique identity of it's own which encompasses indegenous cultures and civilisations but doesn't mean it can't be an Islamic Republic at the same time.

I just think focus should be less on foreign empires belonging to others just because they were Islamic, it ingrains a sortve ghulaam mentally into people. The focus should be on making Pakistan itself powerful and rich. Better to speak about your own achievements.

And some top ones like to assume of themselves as elected representatives of people of Pakistan, which they are not, Like Nadeem Anjum said in press conference on Arshad Sharif's shahadat
They have this grave misconception that,

"عوام نے ہمیں یہ ذمہ داری دی ہے"

یہ تو ایسے ہے جیسے کل کو یو فون کا ڈائیرکٹر کہے کہ مجھے عوام نے یہ ذمہ داری دی ہے
او نہیں بھئی تمہیں یو فون نے نوکری پہ رکھا ہے

او بھئی عوام کے کسی کو اپنا نمائندہ بنانے کا کنسیپٹ بھی پتا ہے کہ نہیں

They forget that they are employees, subject matter experts in their area, hired for a job after interviews and selection process. They are NOT elected representatives of people of Pakistan.

1660192367436-png.869661
@Horse_Rider Anyone who is found breaking his OATH from Khaki chaddis is a Traitor to the country and its constitution, and is punishable by DEATH, Morally speaking someone breaking their OATH is worse than kanjars

گول کر کر کے ہی تو ملک کی حالت گول کر دی ہے انہوں نے ۔ اچھا یہی ہے ہماری حالت پر رحم کریں اور اب کوئی اور گول نا ہی کریں

گول کر کر کے ہی تو ملک کی حالت گول کر دی ہے انہوں نے ۔ اچھا یہی ہے ہماری حالت پر رحم کریں اور اب کوئی اور گول نا ہی کریں

They will not rest till complete destruction of Pakistan. Mark my words.

The Establishment primary objective is total control of Pakistan and it’s institutions.

Even if Pakistan comes on its way, then they’d tackle Pakistan head on. Only problem is Pakistan is a goose laying golden eggs for the establishment so that’ll be a conflict of interest here.

The Establishment primary objective is total control of Pakistan and it’s institutions.
Well that much is obvious - which is why this thread is created.

If they are going to control institutions and everything else, they should actually show some real competency in managing it properly.

Right now every little thing is a mess - can't point to a single institution that is doing a genuinely satisfactory job in their department. All subpar, useless and ineffective with pot bellied uncles running them with no experience or understanding.

Back
Top Bottom