What's new

What ya eating?

Good strategy. I will try next time. Cigaratte last ke kash mein hi heavy lagti hai
Maine pina chod diya , lekin 2 saal jo piya hai ek brand nai choda maine .
Gold flake ke Saare, try its clove one with ice burst in rain .
Then marlboro ke Saare variety.
Dunhill ke jo Bh mil sake , fir gold flake made in Turkey wala, fir marl boro made in Russia wale
Davidoff bhi 2 baar packet liya tha , then gudang garam .to bohot baar .
But the best one is 555 , its teh best .
Nothing beats it , nothing

By the way i even ventured into " premium " category of itc , tried india kings .
Nothing special

Maine pina chod diya , lekin 2 saal jo piya hai ek brand nai choda maine .
Gold flake ke Saare, try its clove one with ice burst in rain .
Then marlboro ke Saare variety.
Dunhill ke jo Bh mil sake , fir gold flake made in Turkey wala, fir marl boro made in Russia wale
Davidoff bhi 2 baar packet liya tha , then gudang garam .to bohot baar .
But the best one is 555 , its teh best .
Nothing beats it , nothing

By the way i even ventured into " premium " category of itc , tried india kings .
Nothing special
There used to be a brand called Wills Insignia. Don't find it now in regular shops. Came in a sexy flip open box. Size was longer than normal cigarettes. Slightly pricey, but not much. On our trip to Turkey, we were in a place called Gorem in Capadoccia (Anatolia region), having some wine and pide (local pizza). The cafe owner, a big middle aged Turkish man asked if he could have one Indian cigarette to taste. Since my pack of Classic Mild was on the table, I offered him one. He smoked and said he wasn't impressed. He jokingly said that Turkish people are strong (he made a biceps gesture) and like strong cigarettes. I pulled out the box of Insignia and offered him one. He smoked it and said he loved it, one of the best he had. It wasn't strong, but the flavour was something he liked.

Last edited:
There used to be a brand called Wills Insignia. Don't find it now in regular shops. Came in a sexy flip open box. Size was longer than normal cigarettes. Slightly pricey, but not much. On our trip to Turkey, we were in a place called Gorem in Capadoccia (Anatolia region), having some wine and pide (local pita bread). The cafe owner, a big middle aged Turkish man asked if he could have one Indian cigarette to taste. Since my pack of Classic Mild was on the table, I offered him one. He smoked and said he wasn't impressed. He jokingly said that Turkish people are strong (he made a biceps gesture) and like strong cigarettes. I pulled out the box of Insignia and offered him one. He smoked it and said he loved it, one of the best he had. It wasn't strong, but the flavour was something he liked.

"Urha raha hoon, jo munh say dhoonyain kay marghoolay
Yeh silsilay bhi tairi zulf ki kaji kay haen"
:lol: :lol:

There used to be a brand called Wills Insignia. Don't find it now in regular shops. Came in a sexy flip open box. Size was longer than normal cigarettes. Slightly pricey, but not much. On our trip to Turkey, we were in a place called Gorem in Capadoccia (Anatolia region), having some wine and pide (local pita bread). The cafe owner, a big middle aged Turkish man asked if he could have one Indian cigarette to taste. Since my pack of Classic Mild was on the table, I offered him one. He smoked and said he wasn't impressed. He jokingly said that Turkish people are strong (he made a biceps gesture) and like strong cigarettes. I pulled out the box of Insignia and offered him one. He smoked it and said he loved it, one of the best he had. It wasn't strong, but the flavour was something he liked.
I searched for insignia far and wide .
Could not find it

@Imran Khan hold my beer... dude has posted every kinda alcohol consumed by mankind

I have heard that Imran bhai is also shokeen. But he is not be seen these days.

I searched for insignia far and wide .
Could not find it
Ab nahin milti shayad. Though google search shows something available for 700 Rs on some website I have never seen before.

Yes.

"Scotch whisky
Na khang, na khushky"
:lol: :lol::lol:

"Khang" (Punjabi): Cough
"Khushky": Dryness

I cannot afford scotch whiskey now. In 2017 I suffered major financial setback and that has taught me to appreciate cheaper things in life :p:, like MacDowell's rum, Blue Riband Gin, and Cashew Fenny (when in Goa). Fenny costs as cheap as Rs 160 for a full bottle (lasts about 3-4 days), so it is cheaper than taking bath. At this price it is tempting to smuggle it out from Goa into Karnataka (bordering states) where I live.You will not believe, just to achieve this, I once avoided the main highway and undertook a drive from a heavily forested area, only to find 2 policemen in waiting in the most surprising place. They checked my suitcases and found nothing, because I had hidden them under the spare tyre. They asked me "spare tyre ke neeche to nahin hai?". I made an innocent face and said "Sir ji, jahan check karna hai, kar lo". They let me go. After a few kms, my khatara car broke down, right in front of a sign that said "Tiger zone. Do not step out of vehicle"

I cannot afford scotch whiskey now. In 2017 I suffered major financial setback and that has taught me to appreciate cheaper things in life :p:, like MacDowell's rum, Blue Riband Gin, and Cashew Fenny (when in Goa). Fenny costs as cheap as Rs 160 for a full bottle (lasts about 3-4 days), so it is cheaper than taking bath. At this price it is tempting to smuggle it out from Goa into Karnataka (bordering states) where I live.You will not believe, just to achieve this, I once avoided the main highway and undertook a drive from a heavily forested area, only to find 2 policemen in waiting in the most surprising place. They checked my suitcases and found nothing, because I had hidden them under the spare tyre. They asked me "spare tyre ke neeche to nahin hai?". I made an innocent face and said "Sir ji, jahan check karna hai, kar lo". They let me go. After a few kms, my khatara car broke down, right in front of a sign that said "Tiger zone. Do not step out of vehicle"
Sorry to hear, bro. I've also khao'd many a jhatka in life, health wise as well as finances, relationships.. you name it, I faced it :/

My best wishes to you and her, sab theek ho jayega, inshallah !

Ever tried Urak ? Somewhat lesser known sister of Feni, and only available in a short window in the hot months like right now up until the rains come, which should be in exactly a week from now which will turn the place from a hostile wasteland with withering foliage, brown grass, killing heat to a rainy wonderland that turns a lush green in about 3 days flat.. the transformation is unbelievable.. green shoots everywhere, plants start to flower, it really is something to behold.

Back to Urak though, like its cousin Feni, it is not the most pleasant fragrance in the world and tastes and smells like shit lol but man, it'll get you plastered in a hurry and on the cheap.. win/win. :D

I remember, during the first big national lockdown when they cancelled all transport, planes grounded, trains shutdown, no busses, no one even allowed to step out.. meri BC halat out ki ab daru kaisey milegi :fie:

then this friend found a jugaad, we had a couple hours window in the early morning.. 5 - 7/8 AM when cops would not be doing their fascist enforcement thing and challaning people for being out.. to us hi time subhe subhe 5 bajey niklay dartey huwe, made our way to this nearby village, and bought 15 litres of Urak, all in dirty used pepsi/coke etc big 1.5 litre bottles and made it back safe :smokin:
that sorted, needless to say, bada mazeydaar lockdown nikla
:bounce:

Best had with limca, with some namak and a green chilli

1653802777419.png

Shit, I tried no1 years back in Lahore. Apparently indian booze was smuggled to Pak those days.

In the rather younger days, once was stopped in Islamabad by police. Had some B label... searched the entire car while I just put it in my rolled up jacket and stood there next to em.

Chinjabi mood today

some kind of honey glazed orange zesty fiery chicken:

1654359774259.png

not sure if noodles or rice to get with it

1654359812864.png
1654359831348.png

🤤

wondering if Pak also has (probably does ?) a vibrant "Chinese" food scene. Here we got all sorts up and down the spectrum. There's the now almost ubiquitous "momos" or dumplings stalls everywhere, as common as the humble samosa stalls in at least across most major cities in north India from what I've seen. I prefer mine fried for some crunch on the outside, and usually go for the Chicken mince and few veggies/chilli mix stuffing on the inside, and that hot chilli sauce is a delight.. mostly a winter thing and super popular in the colder areas like hill stations and of course in the north eastern states where it is local cuisine. The big difference being pork/beef ones are generally rare and found only in higher end eateries down in most of India but is staple food for the north easteners. Yet to see a "mutton" momo but they'll do seafood some places.. thanks, I'll pass.

1654360262975.png

then you have these 'pot sticker' ones, only shallow fried to a crisp on one side which makes it crispy but leave the other half steamed, also really good ones.

1654361206465.png

there's also this chain called the Golden Dragon that can be found in a lot of places here, some of them are better than the others but they've been around forever.. like one's grandpa prolly knows it too.

£15.00 for 20 here in UK
you srs ? :o:

15 quid for a pack of 20 B&H gold ?

that is insane.

I know a lot of people, mostly Europeans who switched to rollies not because they can not "afford" it, but because it is unfair pricing/taxation.. get a hand crank roller machine, your choice of tabaccies and papers and chill.. fvck paying that much :smokin:

Daal chawal with tandoori is a classic comfort food but, nice1.

you srs ? :o:

15 quid for a pack of 20 B&H gold ?

that is insane.

I know a lot of people, mostly Europeans who switched to rollies not because they can not "afford" it, but because it is unfair pricing/taxation.. get a hand crank roller machine, your choice of tabaccies and papers and chill.. fvck paying that much :smokin:

Daal chawal with tandoori is a classic comfort food but, nice1.

Yes many people have switched to rolling tobacco , I also have a 30g pouch for emergency times but in benson & hedges brand only silver tobacco is available which is slightly weaker in strength

£17.00 for 30g plus extra cost for Rizla £1 for 30 sheets .

Vapes are very popular with the young crowd here but I’ve noticed they soon switch to cigarettes .

Cheapest cigarettes available in UK are benson & hedges blue (yuk) £11.00 pack of twenty .

Yes many people have switched to rolling tobacco , I also have a 30g pouch for emergency times but in benson & hedges brand only silver tobacco is available which is slightly weaker in strength

£17.00 for 30g plus extra cost for Rizla £1 for 30 sheets .

Vapes are very popular with the young crowd here but I’ve noticed they soon switch to cigarettes .

Cheapest cigarettes available in UK are benson & hedges blue (yuk) £11.00 pack of twenty .
Ouch.. 11 Euro translates to 1000+ INR :fie:

cant help converting :P

vapes are not my thing, unless it's those kinds of vapes.

bit of a pain rolling though, best to get a decent machine and your pasandida tobacco.. sorted !

Back
Top Bottom