What's new

What ya eating?

Tahiri ? you have that too ? :o

I love that stuff, they put gobi, gajar, hari mirch in all of it and it gets steamed nicely... best enjoyed with a tamatar/pyaz ka raita (kinda like a veggie biriyani).. not sure if they have a meat version, never heard of one around here anyway.

and thanks for helping decide tomorrow's lunch, tahiri it will be !

Not sure if there's tahiri in other parts of Pakistan but in Karachi it's a popular lunch dish. Usually served with red chili raita or cucumber raita, lache daar pyaz washed with vinigar and tatri (citric acid) and bhuna qeema for the meat lovers. Tahiri is a pure vegetarian dish.

Plain tahiri is made with potatoes, mattar, gobi, lots of green chilies and tons of turmeric and red chili flakes.

beat the heat with a cold one 🍺

1653561684235.png

Chicken tikka with some Czech style craft beer, fresh brewed. Malabar mutton fry incoming.

@Sharma Ji hum dono thread ban ho jayenge for sharing alcohol photos :)

IMG_20220528_145213.jpg

Last edited:
Paaji iss ko bhi translate Karo. Daaru ke baad dimaag nahin chal raha :)
"Mohtasib ki khaer, ooncha hae ussi kay faez say
Rind ka, saaqi ka, mae ka, khum ka, paemaanay ka naam"
(Faiz Ahmad Faiz)
:lol: :lol::lol:

I believe Kadi's roots lie in UP or Vihar and their version is the most consumed in Pakistan. Gujarati kadi is served with or without pakoda although I'll refuse to eat it if I'm robbed of the pakoda. Veggies could be added and there's always coco-nutty aftertaste in each bite.

In London I had Rajastani kadi and it has a texture of a thick creamy stew with oker and potatoes but no curry leaves. I was truly disappointed. Kadi is incomplete without a curry leaf and green chili tarka. :nono:
Gujrati kadi is called akeli kadi also due to lack of pakoda

Paaji iss ko bhi translate Karo. Daaru ke baad dimaag nahin chal raha :)

Mohtasib: Ombudsman, which holds people accountable for crime/sin of drinking
Rind: Drinker
Saaqi: Drink server
Mae: Liquor
Khum: Liquor drum or vessel
Paemaana: Drinking glass

I hope, this will do.

Cigurate mat pia karo larky...
Mai pita tha , Pehle roz ka ek packet.
Fir mujhe Saans lene me hui dikat, but ye kaaran nai tha Chodne ka .
Mudi ne daam badha diye boht .
Badi wali 12 ke jagah ab 20 ki milti hai

Ombudsman ki khair se ooncha hai uski faez se drunkard ka , drink server ka , liquor ka , liquor vessel ka , drinking glass ka Naam.
@SIPRA. @Sainthood 101. @DrJekyll

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom