What's new

What ya eating?

How long can it be stored? And in what specifically it should be stored?
plenty long. use a paper bag and put it in and store in fridge or freezer

he makes it good as well; you dont need the fancy dryer box etc; just a source of warm light is good enough to drive away humidity. he took it out too early but it is your preference.

I also tend to put once dried a bit of periperi crushed pepper for a chilli bite.

Incidentally, i have made an excellent ghost pepper mix as well. flipping hot

Well biltong is as native to south africa like mampoer. afrikaaners started to make it during their trek inland.

Perfect. I will check it out; i must make more sheep stew on Friday so this is perfect timing.

upload_2019-12-4_11-59-3.png

White rice, shredded red cabbage with alot of onion and garlic in there, as well as finely sliced curried flank steak again with ALOT of onion and garlic.

This one was fantastic!

Freshly made vegetable soup.

View attachment 593346
receipe aseblieef....

Yes, for cooking meat and daal. Why ? o_O
i love using pressure cookers. here people are scared of using them.

finally i found one in johannesburg - it was a Hawkin's brand from india. Pretty good; i have tried many gaskets go after a time etc. Hawkins has been the most reliable for years.

When i cook in very large vats - i mean big tubs of steel; we tend to use old technique.... seal the entire lid using clay or dough.

receipe aseblieef....

i love using pressure cookers. here people are scared of using them.

finally i found one in johannesburg - it was a Hawkin's brand from india. Pretty good; i have tried many gaskets go after a time etc. Hawkins has been the most reliable for years.

When i cook in very large vats - i mean big tubs of steel; we tend to use old technique.... seal the entire lid using clay or dough.
Gas cookers are mostly from Indian origin and their quality is good unfortunately :lol:.

however, spares is the issue sometimes, if the whistle breaks or the rubber wears off.

Over the weekend bought some meat to try to make a steak ( I pan grill every year in winter). The butcher had cut the meat in smaller pieces.

So I ground it up and made patties.

Made myself a double cheese burger with mushrooms and caramelized onions.

Needs some more spices/salt.

IMG_20191207_204259.jpg

Over the weekend bought some meat to try to make a steak ( I pan grill every year in winter). The butcher had cut the meat in smaller pieces.

So I ground it up and made patties.

Made myself a double cheese burger with mushrooms and caramelized onions.

Needs some more spices/salt.

View attachment 593440
Try BBQ sauce, don’t use much of it.
And SouthWest dressing.
Or just use an american cheese slice
(By American, i mean the Yellow one, not the white cheese slice)
When it comes to beef/mutton burgers, mostly, onions are cut in large circles and just used as 2-3 rings, not more.

Try BBQ sauce, don’t use much of it.
And SouthWest dressing.
Or just use an american cheese slice
(By American, i mean the Yellow one, not the white cheese slice)
When it comes to beef/mutton burgers, mostly, onions are cut in large circles and just used as 2-3 rings, not more.

I don't like raw onions on my burger. This is why I use caramelized ones with mushrooms. Now I have to figure out a mushroom sauce and spice up the patty itself somewhat.

I used a little bit of BBQ sauce too. I use mayo but not ketchup as a condiment with burgers/pizzas because ketchup overpowers taste of other things.

Do share recipes if you have some.

Back
Top Bottom