What's new

What ya eating?

Yea, you must try freshly cut by yourself goat’s mutton stew with Pakistani Recipe. Do remember to leave some fat on the mutton to get the optimum taste

Ohh btw, just had yakhni since winter calls for it
Yes, i will find a receipe - if you have one put it up here. yes, when i cook, it is straight - no removal of fat; for sheep we have to remove it is very excessive here unless we are making a braai on the fire.

Glancing at this thread, I started to believe I'm malnourished :undecided:
Join this thread friend, make a dish and post it here :). we are welcoming @ghazi52 @Pakhtoon yum are founder for many of these good threads.

Yes, i will find a receipe - if you have one put it up here. yes, when i cook, it is straight - no removal of fat; for sheep we have to remove it is very excessive here unless we are making a braai on the fire.

Join this thread friend, make a dish and post it here :). we are welcoming @ghazi52 @Pakhtoon yum are founder for many of these good threads.
Sure, let me ask mum :-)

Well, meat quality seems not good. Usually Yemani use baby lamb with fat. Meat color always stays whitish,reddish and pinkish. But, it doesn't seems fresh meat.

Cousin's village wedding.

Beef pulao with tender beef.

Beef shorwa/stew with tender beef and almost melted bone marrow.

Another beef shorwa/stew with spices and gram lentils.

Overall a hearty meal with decent dose of cholesterol.

View attachment 582582
In punjab wedding pulao and chola ka pulaoo is killer....

Buddy, tbh, dunno where you are having this but i bet this is not close to a REAL MANDI, just by the look of rice

I tend to make it my grandmother's way. lot of onions, garlic, a bit of tumeric, salt and black pepper. normally when i cook outside, i use big steel pot on slow heat and seal the lid and it cooks for 1/2 day.
What do you eat it with?

Buddy, tbh, dunno where you are having this but i bet this is not close to a REAL MANDI, just by the look of rice

What do you eat it with?
i eat with either rice or pap (it is grounded maize flour porridge that is thickened to medium hardness)

i eat with either rice or pap (it is grounded maize flour porridge that is thickened to medium hardness)

Attachments

• DCIM2234.JPG
    DCIM2234.JPG
    71.5 KB · Views: 48

You guys kept it going so it's alot of credit to you guys too. This is a great way to learn new recipes and get the chance to create new dishes.

Is this mince with pea?

Try this as well someday with stew
yes. I tried it and it came out good; normally we put maize kernels or mix vegetables frozen. I had some good cuts from the sheep = so i made a lot of mince and kept some.

For Pap - you need a thick grained maize flour. start to boil the water and add it gently, keep stirring until all is mixed and in 2 min turn it to low heat. keep stirring and it will thicken up. Similar to this video.

I prefer yellow maize; but it is fine; I think else where they call it corn meal - i think jamaicans use it as well.

yes. I tried it and it came out good; normally we put maize kernels or mix vegetables frozen. I had some good cuts from the sheep = so i made a lot of mince and kept some.

For Pap - you need a thick grained maize flour. start to boil the water and add it gently, keep stirring until all is mixed and in 2 min turn it to low heat. keep stirring and it will thicken up. Similar to this video.

I prefer yellow maize; but it is fine; I think else where they call it corn meal - i think jamaicans use it as well.
biltong.... our dried meat ... came out excellent. made around 8kg. came out to 2 kg dried up. 1/2 is gone... eaten up.

Attachments

• 20191123_215327.jpg
    20191123_215327.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 41

biltong.... our dried meat ... came out excellent. made around 8kg. came out to 2 kg dried up. 1/2 is gone... eaten up.
Is pap sweet or sour?

it is very much like taste of rice.
you just add a bit of salt when you prepare.
Ohh, why do u feel like pap is similar to an Indian dish idli which as per food booger’s is similar to rice. I did like pap preparation recipe on youtube tho. You might not want to look at the idli one as Indians crush rice in their palms while preparing it

Ohh, why do u feel like pap is similar to an Indian dish idli which as per food booger’s is similar to rice. I did like pap preparation recipe on youtube tho. You might not want to look at the idli one as Indians crush rice in their palms while preparing it
I dont know that indian dish; this is pap- very distinct. Italians make a similar thing called polenta. In east africa it is called Ugali. Zambia/Zimbabwe - it is known as Nshima.

I dont know that indian dish; this is pap- very distinct. Italians make a similar thing called polenta. In east africa it is called Ugali. Zambia/Zimbabwe - it is known as Nshima.
Ever tried Arayes ? Arabian dish, mince stuffed between thin bread and then grilled.

BB8FA7F5-81A0-40E5-B48F-EE21E9F56FE0.jpeg

Ever tried Arayes ? Arabian dish, mince stuffed between thin bread and then grilled.

View attachment 592561
yes, very familiar with it - not really arabian :); my grand mother used to make it. it is found all across caucaus region as well. It is good and filling. We cook it with mostly sheep or chicken. I had this in Zanzibar as well.
As long as tastes good - we will try it :)

Back
Top Bottom