What's new

What ya eating?

yes, very familiar with it - not really arabian :); my grand mother used to make it. it is found all across caucaus region as well. It is good and filling. We cook it with mostly sheep or chicken.
Lebanese people take the credit:-)

Now a days I eat only roti of Barley with shells and Mung. That too once in a day. Nothing else. It is a part of my Ayurveda treatment and believe me the result is beyond the imaginations of Doctor. He is amazed with the change in the reports in just one month of time.

Now a days I eat only roti of Barley with shells and Mung. That too once in a day. Nothing else. It is a part of my Ayurveda treatment and believe me the result is beyond the imaginations of Doctor. He is amazed with the change in the reports in just one month of time.
explain to us ..what you mean by shells; post some photos.

just buckwheat or sorghum or millet is excellent. complete whole diet.

explain to us ..what you mean by shells; post some photos.

just buckwheat or sorghum or millet is excellent. complete whole diet.

This one. barley crushed with its shells and made flour.

1296x728_Is_Barley_Gluten-Free_BODY_1.jpg

View attachment 553663
Crispy battered Cajun Chicken Strips from CTC Lahore. One of my "go to" comfort foods.

In other words Poutine.
CTC aab thaak gia hai

So did your ammi/Baji asked, “khair hai Itna Opar ho Ke picture le rahe”? :D
Zalim

For breakfast today, I had 2 homemade breakfast sandwiches. A chicken Frankfurt and milk tea.
The breakfast sandwiches were made of English muffins, sunnyside eggs and Peshawari kababs, with a spicy ketchup.
View attachment 552998 View attachment 552999

So did your ammi/Baji asked, “khair hai Itna Opar ho Ke picture le rahe”? :D

wah!!

For dinner/lunch
Yogurt and oranges
Sijji chicken breast and boiled rice
Followed by tea
View attachment 553053 View attachment 553054

Ye tu Aney wah!!!!

Well, after spending some time here, i would like to say this, quite a dry thread means non-spicy foods mostly.
Let me bring my food spree here

Well, after spending some time here, i would like to say this, quite a dry thread means non-spicy foods mostly.
Let me bring my food spree here
Listen... have you to tried to make biltong? Very easy.

Attached photos.

Meat:
Use beef - upper side cut with fat layer. Cut up 3cm slices against the grain.

Make up a vinegar marinade... I prefer 80% malt vinegar and 20% apple cider. In it add 4 teaspoons of soy or wochestershire sauce.

Make salt/spice mix. Rock or kosher salt (do not use any iodised salt or regular salt). 3 teaspoons of salt per filet cut. equal amount of grounded or crushed corainder. 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Multiply by how many fillets you have. I just make extra in case. At the end, add 1 teaspoon of dried garlic and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix it up in a bowl.

Procedure.
- Day 1 dunk the meat cuts into the vinegar, leave for 1 minute. Make sure every part of the meat was covered in vinegar. In a steel bowl, sprinkle a bit of the spice mix. sprinkle on each side and layer the meat up. Once done add the vinegar mix left back into the steel bowl with the meat. Cover and leave over night in the fridge for 24 hours.

- Day 2 get a box and put in a bulb to the bottom or hang it inside. Use metal steel rods (kebab rods) and hang the meat inside.

- Day 3 colour will start to change to black.

- Day 4 medium rare if you want to pull it out
- Day 6 it should be done by now.
Use a salad cutter guillotine for thin slices; you can use a sharp knife as well.

Note: 8kg of beef yielded 2 kg of biltong. that is how much it will lose its weight. Now, you can rehydrate it as well and add to soup too. I used to do that during field operations for my team.... yes i cooked as well in my unit --- i knew where my hands had been :)

Attachments

• DCIM2341.jpeg
    DCIM2341.jpeg
    485.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DCIM2342.jpeg
    DCIM2342.jpeg
    572.3 KB · Views: 43
  • DCIM2343.jpeg
    DCIM2343.jpeg
    400.4 KB · Views: 49
  • DCIM2344.jpg
    DCIM2344.jpg
    483.9 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Have biltong :). pure source of dried meat.

Waiting for blood test results this week then the eating plan will be formed and this thread reviewed properly. 7 years since last tests.

For now the below has just been implemented ... DIY Jigsaw Massage Gun!

IMG_20191204_110046.jpg

Attached photos.

Meat:

Make up a vinegar marinade... I prefer 80% malt vinegar and 20% apple cider. In it add 4 teaspoons of soy or wochestershire sauce.

Make salt/spice mix. Rock or kosher salt (do not use any iodised salt or regular salt). 3 teaspoons of salt per filet cut. equal amount of grounded or crushed corainder. 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper. Multiply by how many fillets you have. I just make extra in case. At the end, add 1 teaspoon of dried garlic and 1 teaspoon of sugar. Mix it up in a bowl.

Procedure.
- Day 1 dunk the meat cuts into the vinegar, leave for 1 minute. Make sure every part of the meat was covered in vinegar. In a steel bowl, sprinkle a bit of the spice mix. sprinkle on each side and layer the meat up. Once done add the vinegar mix left back into the steel bowl with the meat. Cover and leave over night in the fridge for 24 hours.

- Day 2 get a box and put in a bulb to the bottom or hang it inside. Use metal steel rods (kebab rods) and hang the meat inside.

Use a salad cutter guillotine for thin slices; you can use a sharp knife as well.

Note: 8kg of beef yielded 2 kg of biltong. that is how much it will lose its weight. Now, you can rehydrate it as well and add to soup too. I used to do that during field operations for my team.... yes i cooked as well in my unit --- i knew where my hands had been :)
OMG, who created this dish originally?:o:

Attached photos.

Meat:

Procedure.

Try this

https://www.aaj.tv/english/life-style/recipe-of-the-day-peshawari-chicken-karahi/amp/

85F4C603-A6BF-4C9B-A34C-69A6660564D6.jpeg

Attachments

• 840B5B0C-A52F-4DD9-95C7-8B6F0F198DE8.jpeg
    840B5B0C-A52F-4DD9-95C7-8B6F0F198DE8.jpeg
    37.2 KB · Views: 40
  • A21AC23A-957E-4785-AC69-868E72D7E4F5.jpeg
    A21AC23A-957E-4785-AC69-868E72D7E4F5.jpeg
    249.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 426C2BC1-0D6D-4877-95A1-55CF36C68B9F.jpeg
    426C2BC1-0D6D-4877-95A1-55CF36C68B9F.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 36
  • 11984BE1-F7F5-4EAA-9B34-B6E92DC9C3DA.jpeg
    11984BE1-F7F5-4EAA-9B34-B6E92DC9C3DA.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 38

Attached photos.

Meat:

Procedure.

How long can it be stored? And in what specifically it should be stored?

Back
Top Bottom