What's new

What would have Jinnah thought of Ajmal Kasab and gang, wonders SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
What happens on your soil is the responsibility of your state.

What comes from your soil is also the responsibility of your state.

Are we going to get into semantics now?

In that case the Afghans and US forces should be flogged for allowing sanctuaries on their side of the border too, cross-border raids, remember? It's the largest anti-terrorist campaign in the history of mankind on 2250km of amongst the most porous stretches of land in the entire world, you think it surprises me to see border crossing terrorists?

This...from you????

Operation Gibraltar, anyone?

This is a bad thread to meet you on Joe, plenty of mudslinging and country bashing.
As for the question you put up, Gibraltar was a covert military Op, we are talking about using proxies to further agendas.

And very big shame on that country which is not giving him punishment.
. Unlike pakistan, we do not have a jungle raj in india. There are constitutional institutions in place which ensure that justice is served. Kasab was given a chance to put forward his arguements too. This case shows that democracy is firmly at place in india in front of the whole world.

No.

Not Jinnah. Never Jinnah. He was too decent a man, too democratic and committed to the rule of law to have held these thugs in anything but searing contempt.

That was certainly the case, with Jinnah and his vision for his nation.

And after Jinnah?

après lui, après lui, le déluge!!

This is a bad thread to meet you on Joe, plenty of mudslinging and country bashing.
As for the question you put up, Gibraltar was a covert military Op, we are talking about using proxies to further agendas.

How different is that, Icarus? Hmmm :)

That's the problem. Where the hell is your state apparatus? Incompetence or Collusion? Your choice.

In case you missed the Ops in FATA, I can post links. It's easy to sit on the sidelines and hoot as gladiators lunge at each other's throats, it's completely different when you are one of them. You may see a thousand ways that we can improve our counter-terrorism capabilities but you need to think about only an isolated area whereas we have to think about the entire 796096 sq km with the same number of troops.

In that case the Afghans and US forces should be flogged for allowing sanctuaries on their side of the border too, cross-border raids, remember? It's the largest anti-terrorist campaign in the history of mankind on 2250km of amongst the most porous stretches of land in the entire world, you think it surprises me to see border crossing terrorists?

The Afghans and Iranians both blame you for attacks on their soil that are perpetrated by people who are living in the open on your soil. We do not need to even debate state collusion here. You state is just not shutting them down!

Lets leave the Americans out because they are here as combatants.

But what about the civilians of your neighbors?

How different is that, Icarus? Hmmm :)

Very different actually, the Taliban are a good example, yesterday's assets are today's enemy but the Army has remained the same as ever. The army's goals and ambitions, remain constant, if the organization is question is autonomous, it can perceive it's own handler as a threat and turn against them. LeT, TTP, LeJ are all scratching at our toes these days.
I hope I clarified myself.

In that case we should start right with the tribal invasion in Kashmir way, way back .

It was a local insurgency supported by tribes from FATA, how is it in anyway related to the discussion at hand?

It was a local insurgency supported by tribes from FATA, how is it in anyway related to the discussion at hand?

With overt and covert support by PA and a tacit approval from none other than Jinnah.

The Afghans and Iranians both blame you for attacks on their soil that are perpetrated by people who are living in the open on your soil. We do not need to even debate state collusion here. You state is just not shutting them down!

Lets leave the Americans out because they are here as combatants.

But what about the civilians of your neighbors?

The civilians of our neighbours are themselves neck deep in this insurgency. Almost all provinces that border FATA are hubs of the Taliban insurgency.

Unnecessary! Not every provocative bait needs to be latched on to. If you were a fish, you would be the easiest one to catch.
. You are right mate, my bad. Kya karu kabhi kabhi control nahi hota. Big fan of your posts, by the way.

Actually, while this thread has some basis in the observations of Aftab Alam JJ et al.; some other thought comes to my mind:
What does Ajmal Kasab think of Jinnah?

That will be more relevant to the present times and the present state of Pakistan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom