What's new

What would have Jinnah thought of Ajmal Kasab and gang, wonders SC

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like Ajmal Kasab and his masters in Pakistan are despised by most in Pakistan.

We hope to send everyone of them to meet worse fates than that of Kasab.

Jinnah would have never allowed a Kasab to be created in Pakistan.

Absolutely, Jinnah would have cringed at the thought of even having to consider Kasab as a fellow citizen.

But OTOH, what would Jinnah have thought of the present state of his beloved country?

. You think you need not clarify coz you know you can never clarify. Entire world's opinion can't be wrong for pakistan.

Entire world? Pushing it a bit too far aren't you?

No the Americans accuse you of that as well.

So do Afghans.

So do the Iranians.

And soon so will the Chinese.

Missed them, links please?

We need not clarify ourselves in front of these people, they are welcome to live in the utopian paradise that the media paints for them and waste away their energies pondering over the mindset of the average Pakistani.

What I think is that a Mumbai Attacks trial is important on our side as well.

If HS, Lakhvi and the whole gang are responsible, then the sooner they are jailed, the better for Pakistani society as a whole.

Of course, I also don't agree with the notion that they should just be caught and thrown in jail they should be tried in a proper court of law and sentenced afterwards.

Hafiz Saeed's trial is also possible if they allow Kasab to give one to one testimony to a judicial commission from Pakistan. The last time when the judicial commission went to India to get Kasab's statement, India refused one to one interaction and said they can only do a video conferencing with him. This is against Pakistani law. Especially since there can be a gun pointed on Kasab and who knows what he says. There was no harm in letting a judicial commission talk to Kasab. Indian stubbornnes was instrumental in ensuring Hafiz Saeed not go to jail. Why India did that, all Indians should collectively ask that question from their government.

I am a big believer in the statement, baat niklay gi toh duur tak jayegi. As I don't support anything wrong, I have never been afraid of letting the facts open up and fall where they may. Judge sahab ke dialogue ko main appreciate karta hoon, lekin its a betrayal to everybody if you let the whole thing stop at Kasab's execution.

On the contrary, Jinnah never ruled over India, but one wonders how Babur must be turning in his grave.
One wonders how many Bharat Mata Sapoots are keen to condemn the destruction of one of India's ruler's heritage.

Lets start with 1 here ....

Asim I have grown up with and around Muslims in Bihar.

Even today in spite of what many of you may believe, my closest friend is a Muslim, and I still have college day Muslim friends in some of Mumbai's most hardcore Muslim strongholds.

The general sentiment even here in India is that the educated moderate few silently watch what's happening to their uneducated youth and maintain a low profile - not so much for fear of backlash of the the Hindu majority around them but terror of the fundamental indoctrinate youth of their own community.

I will give you an example.

Muslims in Mumbai know what is happening. They are also well aware what happened in 1992. Many of them (educated, moderate) still argue that had it not been for Dawood and his bomb blasts, many more of them would have been killed.

I know well the stories of POTA, of the police, of door to door Muslim markings, etc. We do not live in a vacuum.

So the Muslim moderates in spite of knowing what's happening in their community, keep quiet, and go along with the community flow.

They know they will be targeted should anything happen. So they choose to live within or close to Muslim dense pockets for the safety of numbers.

And they dare not speak up and out against what anti-national thing is happening under their nose, because the repercussions then will be even worse.

What then can you do in Pakistan? Where there is no counter-weight worth its name?

And the government and military is strongly Islamic in hue - even beyond the class of 1971 / Zia-era cadres moving on?

For Muslims of India, it is rooted in the ghettoization of Muslims through continued persecution after partition. It provides them security and help maintain their separate identity, which they feel has been threatened continually. Why do most Muslims in India wear caps in order to project their separate identity - has anybody in India tried to understand this phenomenon. I see only limited number of Pakistanis wearing caps even in the mosques these days, what to talk of out there in cities etc.

It is surprising when you say there is no counter weight to strong Islamic hue in Pakistan. Pakistan is fighting back against extremism and terrorism on all fronts military, social, societal, political and on media etc etc. On Pakistani TV channels the religious figures are asked pretty hostile questions and are subjected to literal hostility if they try to profess what is not the norm.

We are moving forward sure-footed and positively and will prevail. I have no doubt about it.

. What heritage are you talking about?? The one that was built by demolishing one of hindu's most important places of worship. The babari masjid is a disgrace to muslim community itself as it represents all the bad things that their community is famous for. You should thank that it got demolished. What would you have done if someone demolished mecca and madina and built their own monuments, wouldn't you do the same thing as babari masjid demolishion??

We all have heard of the slow moving Indian Elephant but never thought that associated with the Indian mindset. What some 400 years to realise all that. If it was as you put it a disgrace to Muslim community, wonder why it took the Basanti brigade to realise this. !!

Sorry to say, my Khala and Khaloo were killed and thrown in a lake in the most horrible way by them. I cannot accept your assertion.
My condolence for your Uncle and Aunt.
There were quite a few terrorist mentality people in the Mukti Bahini but nevertheless it was never branded by any country as a terror group unlike LeT,LTTE.

Proud maybe of his nation producing so many mard-e-momins against a kafir India?

There is no dearth of Pakistanis who in public post all possible regrets about the incident but in private or private messages rather do point out with glee how 10 Pakistani sher's battled Hindu forces for over 2 days and held a city hostage.

No.

Not Jinnah. Never Jinnah. He was too decent a man, too democratic and committed to the rule of law to have held these thugs in anything but searing contempt.

Still no mention of state apparatus anywhere.

What happens on your soil is the responsibility of your state.

What comes from your soil is also the responsibility of your state.

Are we going to get into semantics now?

I beg to differ, Mukti Bahini and LTTE came way before anything else. India set the trend, others just followed and as for the second part. We have been blamed of having terrorists on our soil but not of harbouring them, that sort of absurdity comes from India alone.

In case you missed it, let me be the one to point out the obvious by telling you that it was sarcasm.

Good for you....

This...from you????

Operation Gibraltar, anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom