What's new

what will india do with her retired migs and jaguars????

Do what everyone else does, retire it, and turn it into a unmanned vehicle and use it for target practice.

Do what everyone else does, retire it, and turn it into a unmanned vehicle and use it for target practice.

It will be much more expensive to convert such a heavy aircraft into an UAV than build a dedicated drone for target practice.

It will be much more expensive to convert such a heavy aircraft into an UAV than build a dedicated drone for target practice.
US did it with F-15 or was it 16, and we did it with our J-7s, and other useless aircrafts.

US did it with F-15 or was it 16, and we did it with our J-7s, and other useless aircrafts.

I guess we won't be doing it though. Besides, why is that necessary? Smaller drones can be made to mimic enemy aircraft behaviour as well.

Mig 21 and 27 only have like 5 yrs of life left in them, they will be scraped

Jags are still being upgraded and 120 of them will remain in service till 2026, and 60+ will remain in service even beyond 2030 since they were inducted after 1999

Issue with both aircraft is engine. We can think of changing it. A lots of life is left in air frame. Mig 27 is as good as retired. They are not used in routine exercise. We can certainly think of buying Mig 35 @ 1500 Million an aircraft.

Give them to @Ayush - I'm embarrassed to know that he comes to College everyday on a Mercedes; a Mig 21 with a missile lock on those Professors of his who keep on downgrading his GPA would be most welcome ! :coffee:

I guess we won't be doing it though. Besides, why is that necessary? Smaller drones can be made to mimic enemy aircraft behaviour as well.

It's not necessary, but what else are you doing with it? Selling it for scraps?

Give them to @Ayush - I'm embarrassed to know that he comes to College everyday on a Mercedes; a Mig 21 with a missile lock on those Professors of his who keep on downgrading his GPA would be most welcome ! :coffee:

Or he can go to college on @BDforever 's rickshaw, it might help get him some sympathy from the professors. And he can carry some passengers to get his lunch money. :D

Back
Top Bottom