What's new

What went wrong for Pakistan in the Semi Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No idea why other thread was closed without explanation!

So I am curious how to get India passport in order to transfer citizenship of India, it is a wonderful country with alot of diversity, patients, and disciplines. It has 170 Million Population of Muslims living in India. India is no different from Pakistan regarding languages, cultures, races, foods, music, faiths, history, society, vice versa.

I am full of praise of India's win today. Irony, last week Pakistanis make fun to attempt revenges on India with high expectations. It show today four drop catching, low run rates, slow players, poor fielding, and lack pressures. Gilani visiting to India fool himself for nothing. 5-0 head to head world cup vs 69 wins international ODIs by Pakistan, what a BS!

I think, I will likely to give up stupid Pakistan passport. Not only cricket, it has too many problems and more sucide attacks coming this week. More sucide attacks, believe me.

Just give brief details of Citizenship's information.

well, lots of thing went wrong. some were good too, but most of the things went wrong.
lets start with the bowling i don't know what Omer Gul was trying to do, but he was working really hard to generate more pace and that's where he lost his line and didn't bowl according to the field.But since Pakistan came back in bowling and restrict India to 260 so we can say it was doable.
The fielding was just terrible, little bit of good field by some guys.But what matter the most i mean catches they were dropped not once but FOUR times.Not by some old and lazy fielders but by the best in the side.I mean i was still surprised Sachin didn't score 200.On top of that India scored 260 which i think was very poor after so many chances and yes good performance in bowling by Pakistan.But it was some thing for India to defend.Didn't see any thing really good in the Indian batting beside Sehwag and raina performance.yes sachin did score 86 but not in a way you would expect from a player who got 99 hundreds to his name, any way 260 still good enough.
What went wrong. Pakistan got a good start and they were looking very stable because we didn't see any edges or some thing that you can say the batsman was lucky.I was thinking Kamran Akmal is going to hit towards the point and exactly it happened because this is where he usually get out.Any way he got out but still Pakistan was in good position.It all started India way when Hafeez played a nothing shot a kind of shot that no one will try it even in junior school.Atleast a kid will say to him self where the bowl is going and as Nasir Hussain said once "why as a batsman you will play this shot there are far better shots of play", but God knows what was going through Hafeez's mind.May be he thought enough is enough i need to go home. Asad Shafiq played to most stupid shot one can ever play when the bowl is coming straight towards the middle stump.Yes we Asian teams do play cut show a lot but you play it when the bowl is out side of the off stump.Not when its coming straight towards the middle stump and if you miss it you going home.This is what exactly happened.If he could have played it with the straight bat thing would have been much different.Any way no need to cry over spilt milk.After that YOUNIS and MISBAH i thought they were batting for the first time.You can't hit a four or six which is fine no need to take any chances ,but atleast take singles and doubles.Make the other team run here and there, let them make changed to the field and you will get some thing.But both of them were not in a mood to do any thing like this.I REALLY THINK THESE TWO ALONG WITH HAFEEZ COST PAKISTAN THE MATCH. Mr Afridi when you faced an over from Yuvraj and Zaheer and got used to the conditions why don't take the powerplay if you came out to hit the ball and score some runs.I mean Afridi and Misbah the last recognized pair who can score some runs.If you don't take the powerplay then who is going play it: Saeed Ajmal. I don't think so.
long story short the dropped catches, the poor shot played by Hafeez,Asad Shafiq, the wost innings by Younis Khan who wasted so many balls and including Misbah who later thought after 45 overs that we are here to win the match as well, cost Pakistan the Semi Final.Misbah and Younis should apologize to the nation.Really they need to do some thing.I will stand by Afridi he is the best Pakistan captain since Imran khan.He gave this team the confidence and most importantly the team was united after so many bad things.Not only that but he was leading this young team almost in everything.
I will suggest the PCB should start looking for other players,because some of the players are old and some not in mood to play modern one day cricket.I am sure Pakistan will have a good mature and experience side for the next world cup and again leading by Afridi because by then it will be his last world cup. In the end i am very happy with my team.Afridi and the young side did more than what we expected in the beginning of the World cup.Congrats to India. Good luck to India and Sri lanka for the final.Hope we will see a good, interesting, nail biting World Cup final. PAKISTAN ZINDABAD.

1) Fielding : drop catchs of sachines , 4 times.
2) Fielding : misfielding near the bounder , resulting in 4 inplace of 1 , almost it happened 3 times..
3) Misfiring of umar gul , just couldn't control against sahwag ..
4) afridi was just not the same bowler as he was in rest of the matchs , inspite it was a turning track at mohali.
5) Misbhah was just too defensive , afridi was out of batting form in the turnament , it should be misbhah taken the charge and afridi should have taken the defensive role....

we are sorry for pakistan better next time .you played really well through out the tournament .before the world cup nobody expect Pakistan as the favorite yet you mange to get yourself in the semi final and tried your best to win . it was a close match and unfortunately the luck didn't favored Pakistan and if the middle order could manage to get some run instead of wasting ball then the result would be different . and of course congratulation to India for their victory and all the player from both team for entertaining in a on of the classic match of cricket history . we shall remember this match .

No idea why other thread was closed without explanation!

So I am curious how to get India passport in order to transfer citizenship of India, it is a wonderful country with alot of diversity, patients, and disciplines. It has 170 Million Population of Muslims living in India. India is no different from Pakistan regarding languages, cultures, races, foods, music, faiths, history, society, vice versa.

I am full of praise of India's win today. Irony, last week Pakistanis make fun to attempt revenges on India with high expectations. It show today four drop catching, low run rates, slow players, poor fielding, and lack pressures. Gilani visiting to India fool himself for nothing. 5-0 head to head world cup vs 69 wins international ODIs by Pakistan, what a BS!

I think, I will likely to give up stupid Pakistan passport. Not only cricket, it has too many problems and more sucide attacks coming this week. More sucide attacks, believe me.

Just give brief details of Citizenship's information.

Just when I thought it can't get anymore crazy!! :lol:

1. The thing is ... India has an Iron clad batting side ... and we pale in comparison to them in this part.

2. Our bowling in this WC has been most ordinary ... and in no circumstances can take the Indian Batting head on.

3. There are hardly an all rounders in our team unlike India where players like Kohli, Yuvraj, Sachin and even Raina can be asked to bowl if the main bowlers fail.

4. The most interesting part which I believe no one PDF ever thought of was the PITCH, even Indians were bamboozled by the slowness of the pitch. Now think even after that ... India with so much depth in batting scored 260 speaks volume about their strength.

5. Average bowlers like Munaf could bowl such good length and line whereas our quality bowler Umar Gul couldnt deliver anything.

6. At the end it is just a game and we all knew in our heart that it was going to be won by India anyways.

Does media & the hype that goes with such matches also tell on players ?

The PM form both sides watching also must make it a ' no - margin - for -error ' game which may have come in the way of palyers not being able to play their natural games.

Also the gap between the qtr & semi finals was too large.. all this leads to mind games.

there were numerous things thatwent wrong for pakistan but the stand out has got to be the dropped catch by younis khan adn maybe umar akmal....the others were little difficult but stil should have been taken.......other points:
1) umar gul blasted for 5 fours in one over
It was Shehwag Excellence not Gul's mistake..
2)we should do something with the batting order....if younis is there to play a whole 10 overs before he gets going then bring him in earlier than asad shafiq...so that younis can hold it together.....then asad then misbah.
3)POWERPLAY.....it should have been taken while afridi was still there...he was the last batsmen.....if he was waiting for harbhajan to finish his overs then he should not have played that full toss the way he did....just take it for a single!!
Many time it is seen that batting Powerplay Backfire.. what was the guarantee that Pakistan wouldn't have lost 2 or 3 quick wicket in early powerplay.. Teams are trying to take late powerplay if they have lost many wicket..
4) outrageous shot by hafeez...it ios close to the wide mark and he is trying to dilshan scoop it???irresponsible...he should have waited till he got about 60 then do something about that.
5)misbah tried to make it tight at the end but he has got to take singles beore the last 5 overs and try to hit fours as well before rather than just stopping it after umar gives him strike after first ball!!!....
This is the way Mishbah plays, It was duty of others to bind the inning with him....
6)fielding....gul and abdul wahab cost us 8 runs by conceding those two poor fours ....should have been saved
Agree ground feilding was poor...
but full credit to abdulwahab riaz and ajmal....they were outstanding.....did well to restrict india to 260.YOUR THOUGHTS??
I will add few more points..
1. Indian bowling discipline : Indian extra was prety low.
2. Raina's crucial knock
3. Shehwag early blast..

Time to clean up all the old ones and start a new with promising new players. Talents are never short discover and nurture them ASAP, to build a stronger, confident team under afridi.

---------- Post added at 10:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Time to clean up all the old ones and start a new with promising new players. Talents are never short ....discover and nurture them ASAP, to build a stronger, confident team under afridi.

My few suggestions.

1 Force Younis and Misbah to retire.

2 Bring in a genuine Wicket Keeper. If Kamran Akmal would be in the team he would be as a batsman and not as a Wicket Keeper.

3 Remove Shahid Afridi from the captaincy. He should play as a regular spinner and should come to bat on around 8 or 9 number.

4 Abdul Razzaq should bat at around 5-6 number.

5 Hafeez should come lower down the order. He should be included in the team. He does not have the temperament to bat as an opener.

6 Bring Junaid Khan in the team. The fast bowling dept should be comprised by him along with Umar gul and Wahab Riaz.

7 Give captaincy to a new player. Give him the confidence

8 Appoint a full time batting coach.

There is something fishy here..

Younis Khan comes in.. starts to miss and duck the balls.. makes 13 runs in 36 deliveries and then departs with a rubbish looking shot.. due to his time on the crease and his style of play.. Asad Shaifq comes under immense pressure because the runs are not coming and playing against his cool and calm style tries to maneuver the ball and gets bowled.. then Misbah comes on crease..

Younis khan departs and Misbah picks up from where Younis left.. he keeps on using ball after ball with no runs coming.. its not like he is trying to make runs but cannot.. he stops the balls with "prefect" defensive style.. like he is playing in a test match.. on top of that.. he keeps on refusing taking singles.. stops in between the run as if he wants to get his partner run out.. takes single where doubles were easy and doubles where triple runs could have been made..

What happens? pressure starts building on Umer Akmal.. the youngster tries to go for slogs.. scores few boundaries and then in trying to maneuver the ball again gets out.. then Razzaq comes on the crease..
Same yes/no calls keep on going.. balls are stopped.. singles are refused.. Run Rate keeps on increasing.. and then Razzaq gets out and afridi comes in..

Run Rate keeps on increasing.. but Misbah gives a damn.. he is on a mission.. a mission to see that Pakistan cannot win the match.. he keeps on producing a long streak of DOT balls.. refusing singles..

After few harsh words from Afridi, Misbah starts to take singles.. Afridi.. being Afridi slogs one in the air and gets himself out.. Wahab Riaz follows after Afridi and then Umer Gul goes after him..

Now comes the PP3.. Suddenly, out of no where.. Misbah gets a can of Red Bull.. and gets winnnnngggggggggsss... few shots are played here and there.. few boundaries are scored.. for what?? the match is already lost.. and after all that so called try he still ended with 20 runs short of his total deliveries played (56 in 76 balls)..

Can you tell me Mr. Misbah ul Haq.. What the hell were u doing?.. just trying to save your face??.. making it sure that you can have an excuse of "oh i tried till the end"?.. a batsman with your caliber couldn't score singles? when your partners (even the ones playing their 3rd international match) from other end were playing the SAME bowling attack with ease??.. Can you tell us WHY were u stopping the balls? why were u not even trying to cut or sweep or reverse sweep or whatever the hell you did in the final overs do early?.. why did you INTENTIONALLY mounted pressure on other batsmen to make mistakes?.. Why were u looking at the pitch after every single STOP you playyed?.. why were you smiling when you were destroying every hope we had to win?

I am aam awam.. i can not do anything but to accept the fact that we were screwed big time.. this match was never to be won by Pakistan.. Controversies my foot.. we did our best my foot.. i dont know who benefited from this match.. i don't give a damn.. i only know that Pakistani people deserved to lose gracefully.. and there was no grace in today's loss.. not because it was against India and we lost to our arch rivals or anything.. but because it was not played properly.. or was it meant to be played this way?.. who knows.....

Well done India.. you deserved the win.. you gave your best.. nothing to be taken away from you.. Best of Luck for the finals.. and we'll meet again some other day.. when we won't have the Misbahs and Younises and Kamran Akmals in our team.. May that day comes in my life time.. Aameen..

Well said. Very well said. Learn from mistakes. You might do better in the future. Be satisfied with stupid achievement of qualifying to the semis and not learning from the mistakes. You might not make even to the semis next time. :)

I dont think that the Pakistani team was complacent...other than the bizzarre drop catches....most of them played with all their heart...
the batting conditions were one of the toughest ...when tendulkar comes out and describes the wicket as tough...then it has to be really really tough...and plus chasing under lights in a indo-pak game is always tough...it was a good fight...
Even though we were ecstatic....we all felt very very sad when afridi was apologizing to Pakistan and Pakistanis...it was very could have been dhoni as well...
even though you guys lost the match you have all the respect from me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom