What's new

What went wrong for Pakistan in the Semi Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone follow warne's tweet prediction this morning??

There is something fishy here..

Younis Khan comes in.. starts to miss and duck the balls.. makes 13 runs in 36 deliveries and then departs with a rubbish looking shot.. due to his time on the crease and his style of play.. Asad Shaifq comes under immense pressure because the runs are not coming and playing against his cool and calm style tries to maneuver the ball and gets bowled.. then Misbah comes on crease..

Younis khan departs and Misbah picks up from where Younis left.. he keeps on using ball after ball with no runs coming.. its not like he is trying to make runs but cannot.. he stops the balls with "prefect" defensive style.. like he is playing in a test match.. on top of that.. he keeps on refusing taking singles.. stops in between the run as if he wants to get his partner run out.. takes single where doubles were easy and doubles where triple runs could have been made..

What happens? pressure starts building on Umer Akmal.. the youngster tries to go for slogs.. scores few boundaries and then in trying to maneuver the ball again gets out.. then Razzaq comes on the crease..
Same yes/no calls keep on going.. balls are stopped.. singles are refused.. Run Rate keeps on increasing.. and then Razzaq gets out and afridi comes in..

Run Rate keeps on increasing.. but Misbah gives a damn.. he is on a mission.. a mission to see that Pakistan cannot win the match.. he keeps on producing a long streak of DOT balls.. refusing singles..

After few harsh words from Afridi, Misbah starts to take singles.. Afridi.. being Afridi slogs one in the air and gets himself out.. Wahab Riaz follows after Afridi and then Umer Gul goes after him..

Now comes the PP3.. Suddenly, out of no where.. Misbah gets a can of Red Bull.. and gets winnnnngggggggggsss... few shots are played here and there.. few boundaries are scored.. for what?? the match is already lost.. and after all that so called try he still ended with 20 runs short of his total deliveries played (56 in 76 balls)..

Can you tell me Mr. Misbah ul Haq.. What the hell were u doing?.. just trying to save your face??.. making it sure that you can have an excuse of "oh i tried till the end"?.. a batsman with your caliber couldn't score singles? when your partners (even the ones playing their 3rd international match) from other end were playing the SAME bowling attack with ease??.. Can you tell us WHY were u stopping the balls? why were u not even trying to cut or sweep or reverse sweep or whatever the hell you did in the final overs do early?.. why did you INTENTIONALLY mounted pressure on other batsmen to make mistakes?.. Why were u looking at the pitch after every single STOP you playyed?.. why were you smiling when you were destroying every hope we had to win?

I am aam awam.. i can not do anything but to accept the fact that we were screwed big time.. this match was never to be won by Pakistan.. Controversies my foot.. we did our best my foot.. i dont know who benefited from this match.. i don't give a damn.. i only know that Pakistani people deserved to lose gracefully.. and there was no grace in today's loss.. not because it was against India and we lost to our arch rivals or anything.. but because it was not played properly.. or was it meant to be played this way?.. who knows.....

Well done India.. you deserved the win.. you gave your best.. nothing to be taken away from you.. Best of Luck for the finals.. and we'll meet again some other day.. when we won't have the Misbahs and Younises and Kamran Akmals in our team.. May that day comes in my life time.. Aameen..

^^^its history now , forget it...

oh i am gonna forget it.. cuz i don't have any other option.. nobody is going to be scrutinize anyway.. i never saw a match for 6 years.. and this year everyone was saying that Pakistan team is not like before.. so i started watching matches again.. semi final shows that it CANNOT change.. so i'm off the cricket now again..

oh i am gonna forget it.. cuz i don't have any other option.. nobody is going to be scrutinize anyway.. i never saw a match for 6 years.. and this year everyone was saying that Pakistan team is not like before.. so i started watching matches again.. semi final shows that it CANNOT change.. so i'm off the cricket now again..

same here...

Despite a forgettable buildup to the world cup the Pakistani team had a wonderful tournament until the semis. Somebody had to win and it was not Pakistan at the end. When they defeated Aus & WI they have already redeemed themselves in the eyes of the cricketing world. The past for all practical purposes is forgotten if anything they earned more respect. Pakistan players must use all this goodwill and avoid any unnecessary distraction or misdeeds and look forward to a new beginning. Lots of credit goes to Afridi.

There is something fishy here..

Younis Khan comes in.. starts to miss and duck the balls.. makes 13 runs in 36 deliveries and then departs with a rubbish looking shot.. due to his time on the crease and his style of play.. Asad Shaifq comes under immense pressure because the runs are not coming and playing against his cool and calm style tries to maneuver the ball and gets bowled.. then Misbah comes on crease..

Younis khan departs and Misbah picks up from where Younis left.. he keeps on using ball after ball with no runs coming.. its not like he is trying to make runs but cannot.. he stops the balls with "prefect" defensive style.. like he is playing in a test match.. on top of that.. he keeps on refusing taking singles.. stops in between the run as if he wants to get his partner run out.. takes single where doubles were easy and doubles where triple runs could have been made..

What happens? pressure starts building on Umer Akmal.. the youngster tries to go for slogs.. scores few boundaries and then in trying to maneuver the ball again gets out.. then Razzaq comes on the crease..
Same yes/no calls keep on going.. balls are stopped.. singles are refused.. Run Rate keeps on increasing.. and then Razzaq gets out and afridi comes in..

Run Rate keeps on increasing.. but Misbah gives a damn.. he is on a mission.. a mission to see that Pakistan cannot win the match.. he keeps on producing a long streak of DOT balls.. refusing singles..

After few harsh words from Afridi, Misbah starts to take singles.. Afridi.. being Afridi slogs one in the air and gets himself out.. Wahab Riaz follows after Afridi and then Umer Gul goes after him..

Now comes the PP3.. Suddenly, out of no where.. Misbah gets a can of Red Bull.. and gets winnnnngggggggggsss... few shots are played here and there.. few boundaries are scored.. for what?? the match is already lost.. and after all that so called try he still ended with 20 runs short of his total deliveries played (56 in 76 balls)..

Can you tell me Mr. Misbah ul Haq.. What the hell were u doing?.. just trying to save your face??.. making it sure that you can have an excuse of "oh i tried till the end"?.. a batsman with your caliber couldn't score singles? when your partners (even the ones playing their 3rd international match) from other end were playing the SAME bowling attack with ease??.. Can you tell us WHY were u stopping the balls? why were u not even trying to cut or sweep or reverse sweep or whatever the hell you did in the final overs do early?.. why did you INTENTIONALLY mounted pressure on other batsmen to make mistakes?.. Why were u looking at the pitch after every single STOP you playyed?.. why were you smiling when you were destroying every hope we had to win?

I am aam awam.. i can not do anything but to accept the fact that we were screwed big time.. this match was never to be won by Pakistan.. Controversies my foot.. we did our best my foot.. i dont know who benefited from this match.. i don't give a damn.. i only know that Pakistani people deserved to lose gracefully.. and there was no grace in today's loss.. not because it was against India and we lost to our arch rivals or anything.. but because it was not played properly.. or was it meant to be played this way?.. who knows.....

Well done India.. you deserved the win.. you gave your best.. nothing to be taken away from you.. Best of Luck for the finals.. and we'll meet again some other day.. when we won't have the Misbahs and Younises and Kamran Akmals in our team.. May that day comes in my life time.. Aameen..

excellent post. And you know what's worse? he'll get away with it. Already a mindset was built in people that the team is without it's star players and don't expect too much, well ok maybe, but that's still no excuse to how the team batted today, esp. the likes of misbah and younis.

We Pakistanis have big hearts, we'll take this loss, the team will go back home and get a warm reception, prizes will be handed out and people for the most part will keep their mouth shut. Misbah and Younis will retire with Razzaq to follow. But the truth is gonna remain that we were robbed out of this win and these batsmen are the most to blame.

Imran Khan, talking to a news channel mentioned the horrible batting collapse, too. Said perhaps initially there wasn't much hope for the win but after a score of 260 from India, it was a very chase-able score through and through, keeping India's weaker bowling attack in mind.

We'll hopefully get rid of misbah and younish and akmal sooner now but it's quiet evident our team will always be plagued by the ilk of this kind. There always be a future misbah, a future akmal and what have you and that is the sad story of our cricket. It always was and it always will be.

I believe ...Pakistani selectors did not selected Malik and Yusuf...That was also a big mistake... How any team cannot afford such experience player to sit outside…

Thanks,
-Shree

1.wrong field set by Pakistan during the mandatory powerplay..when virender sehwag gave India the huge start.

2. too slow run rate in middle overs ( i would blame Misbah alone for this..if he could hit six duirng the death overs..he certainly could hit few boundaries duirng the nmiddle overs.)

3. last but not the least...wrong selection of overs for batting powerplay..they should have takenit during 40 to 45 overs..while afrdi and misbah were at the crease.

i blame misbah for everything, he couldnt hit a single bowl and didnt do sh!t

Apart from looking for reasons of the loss, I guess the positives need to be looked at as well. Positives for Pakistan from worldcup are:

1. Shahid Afridi - Bowling & Captaincy
2. Wahab Riaz Excellent bowling
3. Asad Shafiq - Cool and Calm attitude
4. Umar Akmal- Agression
5. Saeed Ajmal - Excellent Offspiner

I think Pakistani cricket team should now be build around these key players giving retirement to some of the oldies... Just my thoughts..

Reality is that we do not have quality cricketers , like in 80's becasue back then when Imran Khan came he FORCED other countries to play 5 test match series , and only then our batsmen developed technique to stay on crease and play cricket.

The current pool of player only Hafeez can be really considered a mediocre , batsmen by world standards. Rest are just club level players

Players like Misbah or Younis are flawed their technique is flawed. Or they are past their prime they had their prime but they should not be made scrape goats they are just not built for the big occasion.

We only have 2 true batsmen
a) Umar Akmal
b) Hafeez

Rest are all part timers meaning they are only dependable for odd 15-20 runs in the past when Pakistani openers used to make 30-40 runs , ppl used to say these openers are useless, but now they can't even manage that much and make 5's or 10's or odd 20's

We can tell there is no quality in Pakistani cricketers specially batsmen becasue I don't remember when was the last time our player scored a genuine century in testing conditions

The problem - we have flawed batsmen is because there are no quality batting academies which teach players proper cricketing shots -

Its evident becasue no one know a proper cricketing shot , you watch Australia play , or england and then you watch Pakistan play , you hardly see any proper cricketing shots, its always the same a crazy wild slog and if it lands someone great its a 6 otherwise its a out.

There are 15-20 players in pakistani system who are only capable to make 20 runs. There is no STANDOUT player that you can see he goes and makes a guarenteed 55-80 runs for your team

Players like Yousif, Younis, Misbah all should have been retired long ago but there is no replacement
strangely Misbah is still a FIT PLAYER... the most youngsters

We had Fuad Alam , firey character
We had U19 players but they have not been fully integrated

Team is playing with big handicap
a) Openers 1 is useless (Kamran)
b) Younis / Misbah are old past prime
c) Razzaq his role is not defined with team
d) Afridi is great with ball but then who is the batsmen in team ??

Only Hafeez or Umar Akmal 2 batsmen - only

The team - has contracts given out but there is no basis for measuring performance 1 player can fail 100 times but still be in team, while other can fail 2 times and he will not get another chance

I think Afridi is an exciting batsmen he just need to control his nerves.. Pakistan truly missed his batting this World Cup..

Because Pakistan was facing...

Sachin+Tendulkar+200.jpg

and dropped this guy 4 times :whistle:

team-india1.jpg

World Cup clashes
India - 5
Pakistan - 0

nothing went wrong with pakistani team the slow pitch and disciplined indian bowling put the pressure on pakistan,pakistan had the best team to get 260 but couldnt handle the pressure i guess,if afridi had come earlier some thing would have happenned
anyways the celebration in mumbai was of the charts just as if india had won the worldcup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom