What's new

What went wrong for Pakistan in the Semi Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still surprised we miraculously got to 230 runs.

jesus christ the indian fielding is unstoppable

One more thing , Suresh Raina made invaluable 36 runs in the end to get up to a respectable 260.

I'm still surprised we miraculously got to 230 runs.

jesus christ the indian fielding is unstoppable

If you guys kept wickets till the end , 261 was n't a big target to chase.

In my eyes lack of confidence killed Pak team.....I know they fileded poorly, missed lot of catches however if you look at the start Sehwag gave us restriciting India to 260 on a wicket like Mohali is still an awesome job... If you ask for a re-match and put a condition of 280 Afridi will take that with both hands...So yes even though they gave extra runs(sloppy fielding/indicipline bowling/dropping catches) at the end of first inning Pakistan was on the top.....

Then comes the presure cooker situation...Now Pak had to bat in front of a hostile crowd against their arch rivals and on their(India) home turf....This is where confidence and believe in your capabilities comes handy. Look at India here...They very well knew they have a week bowling and 260 is not defendable but look at the effort they put in.....On the other hand Pak team is full of stars however they managed to pull defeat from the jaws of victory(exactly opposite to what Pak fans would have liked to quote)....

The biggest blunder was not to take power play when Afridi was batting. Even a small cameo at that time would have helped Mizbah by a huge margin. I don't think it was rational to finish bhaji overs before taking the power play because required run rate was sky rocketing at that time...I mean Zahir would have bowled 3 of those 5 power play overs anyways and hitting Zaheer is not easy either....Bhaji is good but then Afridi is not a kid either....He is known for shredding bowling attacks, no???

So to me it is lack of belief....

Hafeez cost Pakistan the match , Gul cost us the 80 runs but it was Hafeez who gave up his wicket , when we needed him to go and make 80 runs

He is a great player Hafeez , I like his style but his dismissal , was crucial before that Indian players were so demoralized ...

250 is nothing ... they expected that Pakistani players will take a power play and thrash them around the park but instead what happened was

Pakistan defended and lost

The running in between wickets was horrible after hafeez was out

Dropping Tandulkar 5 times and missed run out and missed LBW also helps

If you removed Tandulkar's 70 runs from total , india was only 180 runs or 190 and Pakistan would have chased that down easily but just missed catches - what can you say ?

Last power play should have been taken when Afridi was on field , and Razzaq should have come in later -

Misbah Ul Haq , batted too defensively

Game was very simple , singles and doubles - untill you are 100 runs, and then you take power play and up the rate -

But Kamran Akmal and hafeez threw their wickets at 40 runs ,

Misbah was overly cautious !!! Too cautious it took Sahid afridi to come on field and tell him to god damn take a run ... in end before that he was playing like a scrared cat

Nothing went wrong. This is the way pakistan plays their cricket.
Enthusiasm of street cricket, lack of professionalism but shearly from heart. And thats the way I love it. Unpredictibility is the key word for them.
Pakistan need not be WC champions. They are admired for what they are...........spice in gravy.

I think in general to be honest after , Javed Miandad and Inzimamul haq we never had a player who we can depend to make 80 or 100 runs in ODI

You can argue Amir Sohail or Saeed Anwar -

And we all know Inzimam Ul Haq was brought to team by coincidence !!

So there is a problem in our planning , I mean U19 Team how many of these players have made a transition in to Pakistan Senior Team ?

I think players like Javed or Inzi come once in 100 years - I am 100% sure if it was Inzimamul haq with Pakistan we would have chased down even 350

When I see our players like Younis / even Umar Akmal I don't epxect more then 30 runs , thats their limit -

Younis is a great player but at #3

I think in general to be honest after , Javed Miandad and Inzimamul haq we never had a player who we can depend to make 80 or 100 runs in ODI

You can argue Amir Sohail or Saeed Anwar -

And we all know Inzimam Ul Haq was brought to team by coincidence !!

So there is a problem in our planning , I mean U19 Team how many of these players have made a transition in to Pakistan Senior Team ?

I think players like Javed or Inzi come once in 100 years - I am 100% sure if it was Inzimamul haq with Pakistan we would have chased down even 350

When I see our players like Younis / even Umar Akmal I don't epxect more then 30 runs , thats their limit -

Younis is a great player but at #3

they dont come in 100 yrs, they need to be found and given chance, , imran khan made brave decisions, he played all cream top of the talented men line, and result was obvious..

pcb needs to be corruption free...

what went wrong?

Batting and feilding..This target was easy to chase if some paksitani batsman show patience especially openers..also i think we lost the match when we lost the toss..its always hard for Pakistani team to chase the runs

Nothing went wrong. This is the way pakistan plays their cricket.
Enthusiasm of street cricket, lack of professionalism but shearly from heart. And thats the way I love it. Unpredictibility is the key word for them.
Pakistan need not be WC champions. They are admired for what they are...........spice in gravy.

if a side can produce talents so often then why the side doesnt become a consistent side, i mean to flourish cricket in pakistan, national team needs to be consistent like it was in 70 to 90s, otherwise pakistanis will stop following cricket..., in 70s to 90s it was fairly predictable team.. the unpredictability was shoved up because of so much imbalances which is not very good, one day pakistanis will stop following it and pak team will become predictable like zimbabwe today

The way Pakistan start making mistake one by one serially by misfeilding, drop catches one after another I thought once "Is it really Pakistan playing this match or this match is already fixed? "

I really dont believe the way Pakistani Player played.

The problem lies in our working culture, lacking professionalism, too much of corruption and now 2 players backed by underworld cant be eliminated from the team b/c pakistan is run by some underworld.

The two Ex Captains showed negative human side of not playing with hearth, so Afridi doesn't get the glory , too bad they have their regret but please play for the country not leg pulling Afridi.

1)sachin dropped 4 times..
2)umar gull.. poor bowling
3)fielding (3rd class)
4)unis, misbah

The two Ex Captains showed negative human side of not playing with hearth, so Afridi doesn't get the glory , too bad they have their regret but please play for the country not leg pulling Afridi.

I don't think we should play blame game now after getting defeat in semi final..We could not go into the hearts of players to judge that they did not played with hearts..Pakistani team played as a unit otherwise they dont beat strong team Sri lana or Aus and never qualify for semi final....Pakistani team played better cricket in this world after considering all this crisis in Pakistani cricket..they had their weakness which need to be overcome in future but i dont think players were not honest with their captain :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom