What's new

What went wrong for Pakistan in the Semi Final?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What went wrong for Pakistan in the Semi Final?

Two Pakistani x-captains were wearing green but were playing for blue (or should I say bleeding blue ;) ) I guess they didn't wanted Afridi to win as captain and collect all the accolades, Guess who were the two x-captains?

According to me, these were the points need to be taken care of:-
1) Missing line and length of Umar Gul, a prime striking bowler.. He was giving all full length deliveries in middle/leg stump to Sehwag. And while he was hit, Afridi keep using him again n again.. Abdul Razzak would have been better choice who bowled only 2 overs.

2) Poor fielding... How can you afford to drop Sachin's catch 5 times?? I still say it was Wahab's day and Sachin lost confidence else score would have been 350 Runs.

3) If Afridi wants to hit.. He should have taken PowerPlay.. why He was waiting for hitting by Tail enders?..

4) Poor Misbah.. He was consolidating Team but forgot that he need to score runs in between else pressure will be at the end..

We dropped 5 catches of tendulkar, just imagine if india had dropped 5 catches of Afridi.

Pakistan is still playing cricket which was suitable in 1980s. They depend on raw talents of their players. But modern cricket has changed so much that even an average team can give you formidable challenge with proper game planning. In last two decades all team has raised their standard of fielding, but not Pakistan. They did not have planning to use the skill of their players. Have you noticed Umar Gul had a pact off side fielding and he was bowling to Sehwag's pad just to be sent out of park. While chasing Mishbah and Younus were giving so many dot balls (another 1980s features). In modern cricket every team tries to maitain the run rate by 1s and 2s even when they are under pressure.(Example- Aus-India match). India used their ordinary bowlers with perfection, as they were desciplined and fielders were backing them. But Pakistan just failed to do that. Talents will come and go, but Pakistan (which will never lack talents) needs to learn modern cricket. Umar Akmal or Shafic are no less in talent comparing with Raina or Kohli. But it is the grooming of Indian players in National cricket Academy that is making the difference. Hope Pakistani authority will think seriously, else , I am afraid another West Indies is in making. Yes, you have done well in this world cup. You can say they have done better than your expectation by reaching up to semis. But why the situation is so. Why Pakistan with such tradition and talent should not aim the top most position in the World Cup...you need to think....

I must say that Pakistan is the worst fielding side in this world.

Even young players like Umar Akmal and others afre afraid of diving around in the field.

Indian fielding is if not excellent but still far better tan the pakistanis. Raina and Kohli were live wires on the field.

The indian fielding atleast saved 25-30 runs on the field, and that was the difference in win and loss.

Angry with;

1) Younis
2) Misbah
3) Kamran Akmal

Happy With

1) Umar Akmal
2) Asad Shafiq
3) Hafeez
4) Afridi
5) Wahab Riaz
6) Saeed Ajmal

We dropped 5 catches of tendulkar, just imagine if india had dropped 5 catches of Afridi.

Not a big deal. Afridi will still get out.

The only danger men yesterday were Hafeez and Umar akmal.

match kaun jeeta??:azn:

Becahara tundulkar 6 catches drop karwakay bhi 100 na bana saka

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:54 AM ----------

I am Sorry To My NATION..(Afridi)
Why SORRY? U gave us a hope by reaching in the semi'z & bringing the Beauty back to Your Nation.
Why Sorry?U built the separated team..u made them united..
Why sorry?A 6th ranking team beating & competing wid the top class teams in their home grounds.
Why Sorry?U raised pakistani Flag in Mohali.
Why sorry ?Pakistani National Anthem was sung in the Indian ground.
We are Proud :)

I think your post is more silly. Mishbah sould have rotated strikes and kept scoreboard ticking. Instead he got sucked, let asking rate scoring and created huge pressure on other batsmans.
You think its easy to rotate after loosing four wickets at 116.

Trying to score at higher rate from the word go, especially when they knew the target already, instead off settling down first ,most Pakistanis batsmen kept throwing their wickets at regular intervals.

If they had kept their wickets ,scoreing 80 odd runs in the last tens over isn't big deal these days of powerplay .

At one point india also looked like,its would score beyond 300, but once we lost wickets even Tendulkar and Dhoni started playing defensive till they got out.Thafully we put 40 odd runs in the last five overs.

I don't think you played cricket much yourself.

Ok- so we lost :D-

Against Australia- our players showed positive attitude- they were diving- running hard to take the ball- They were aggressive in the field-
Against India- our players didn't showed any thing- the fielding was as usual rubbish- they dropped easy catches- didn't run hard- hardly any dives- Their body language showed they are in lot of pressure- Thats where we lost the match- Our intentions were not positive to start with- Thats it-

He posted that update at 6pm at pakistan standard time!

19208319885115681581910.jpg

He posted that update at 6pm at pakistan standard time!

That means its was 6.30 PM IST and indian innings with total 260 was over already.

But we've enough time for conspiracy theories now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom