What's new

"What the hell is going on in this country?" : Supreme Court

I am not interested in finding out how things are being uncovered, but more concerned about why they are still happening at the first place.... get to the root of the issue, rather than be happy about uncovering it.

You said we had 10 years of growth and why we have to see such things happening and they should happen even. Right?

Well, USA is oldest democracy and biggest economy, and most developed. But now, they had biggest financial scam in the world just last year and it crippled whole American mortgage and banking system and affected even other global economies. You know what that was? It was pure corruption. These banks forged their balance sheets. Now, why such things happened?

So, if such things can happen in such old and proven system of USA, then things happening in 10year old story of India is nothing in comparison. Indian banking system is far better managed fortuantely. RBI is strict and I doubt such big scale scam will be allowed to happen.

I'd like to live in this delusion if you may...

Please explain shrinking from inside please? I would like to know what are the current numbers?

social condition in india is not good. people donot like politicians. they do not like democracy. i read in newspapers indians now asking for removal of their govt by any means even army. terrorist gaining power. militancy and maosts. price rise. no new industry. student suicide is daily news. thousands of people die in road accidents every year. military budget increased but no source of money. debt is increasing. people coming to streets. army is totally messed up. bramin and RSS control the army. you do not know you are in great danger.

You said we had 10 years of growth and why we have to see such things happening and they should happen even. Right?
Well, USA is oldest democracy and biggest economy, and most developed. But now, they had biggest financial scam in the world just last year and it crippled whole American mortgage and banking system and affected even other global economies. You know what that was? It was pure corruption. These banks forged their balance sheets. Now, why such things happened?
You bring up a good point here.... No system is perfect ok... lets start at that first. It wasn't pure corruption it was manipulation of data. What we see in India is corruption... ministers and govt officials stealing our tax payer money.

In case of the US meltdown, it was the money of the investors who had willingly invested in the stock market. You might come back with an argument that the govt used tax payer money to bail them out.... but my counter argument will be that they already got the money back with a good interest rate even. (although I didn't support the govt bailout at the first place).

So, if such things can happen in such old and proven system of USA, then things happening in 10year old story of India is nothing in comparison. Indian banking system is far better managed fortuantely. RBI is strict and I doubt such big scale scam will be allowed to happen.

Why compare if something happens in another country should happen in ours? US is in a different league, it is a developed nation and everyone enjoys the basic minimum living standards of life. Can we afford to do so?

---------- Post added at 09:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 PM ----------

Will Bollywood save the Earth?

I wish it could ... we would all be living in wonderland by now :lol:

no soft power, propaganda against Pakistan. we can also make such movies but we do not because everybody knows what is the truth. we do not need to make cheap movies like bollywood and force people to watch them.

Bollywood is extremely important for India, because it spreads a good image of India. Not only South Asians watch Bollywood, but also Africans, Arabs, West Indies, etc.

The alternative is Western films like "Slumdog Millionaire" which portray India in a negative fashion.

If Pakistan had a film industry like Bollywood, everyone in the world wouldn't think Pakistan is full of terrorists.

social condition in india is not good. people donot like politicians. they do not like democracy. i read in newspapers indians now asking for removal of their govt by any means even army. terrorist gaining power. militancy and maosts. price rise. no new industry. student suicide is daily news. thousands of people die in road accidents every year. military budget increased but no source of money. debt is increasing. people coming to streets. army is totally messed up. bramin and RSS control the army. you do not know you are in great danger.

Hmm, do they have separate chapter on Indian economy in your textbook? I am impressed with your deep and diverse knowledge about India.

You should come to India, your future is bright.

Allow me to itemize my replies

(1) social condition in india is not good. -- Define not good...In my opinion it has improved, improved by a margin I wouldn't have thought possible 10 years or 20 years ago... Rome wasn't built in a day.

(2) people donot like politicians. they do not like democracy. - I love my democracy! But I don't like some of the politicians. If there are 30% corrupt politicians, there are 70% who are trying their best to see India grow. I can give you several examples.

(3)i read in newspapers indians now asking for removal of their govt by any means even army. - Sorry I don't read Pakistani news papers, I am glad that your media is able to keep you satisfied.

(4) terrorist gaining power. militancy and maosts. - Terrorist, Maoists gaining power ... yes, but getting squashed by the forces at the same time... thus maintaining equilibrium... peace!

(5) price rise. - Price rise yes... positive inflation is good for an economy... we are a little over the healthy limit, but it is coming under control.

(6) no new industry. - I think you got this one totally wrong. In my state alone close to $100 billion dollar investments are currently underway.

(7) student suicide is daily news. thousands of people die in road accidents every year. - If you have 1.2 billion people a few will die of some reason or the other...

(8) military budget increased but no source of money. debt is increasing. people coming to streets. army is totally messed up. - Military budget increasing is because our GDP is increasing and Pakistan is doing no good in bringing down our threat perception.

(9) bramin and RSS control the army. you do not know you are in great danger. - I think you just added this for fun... so I will skip commenting on this.

I wish it could ... we would all be living in wonderland by now :lol:

I've seen a few of them myself. :tup:

Believe it or not, but Bollywood films actually get some air-time on local Hong Kong TV networks.

I think they even get them up there in the mainland as well.

I've seen a few of them myself. :tup:

Believe it or not, but Bollywood films actually get some air-time on local Hong Kong TV networks.

I think they even get them up there in the mainland as well.
Yeah I know... they air these movies in some unimaginable places.... seriously. A few years back I remember I was in Salt Lake City (Utah), a stronghold of Mormons and standing infront of a huge cathedral admiring its beauty when 3 nuns walk to me and asked if I was interested in learning more about God... I politely declined, but did strike a conversation. During our short conversation and to my utter disbelief, they told me they are big fans of Bollywood movies.... and in fact they even remembered the names of some of the famous actors...

It was shocking to say the least... in the heartland of America. But to me most of the bollywood movies are quite silly.

Back
Top Bottom