What's new

What is your view about Korea and Vietnam?

But some Viet can't stop claiming that Cantonese looks same as Viet.

In my eyes, despite Cantonese look more southern, but still has a very Sinic appearance, whereas Viets look very Southeast Asians in general.

The variation between northern and southern Chinese exists mainly in maternal side. (DNA passed from mother to daughter). Nearly all Chinese men (85%+) carry the same Y-chromosome markers.

The variation between northern and southern Chinese exists mainly in maternal side. (DNA passed from mother to daughter). Nearly all Chinese men (85%+) carry the same Y-chromosome markers.

Yep, the Northern Chinese has absorbed more Altaic elements into their mt-DNA, whereas the Southern Chinese has absorbed more Yue elements into their mt-DNA.

Generally speaking, all Chinese populations have the Hua Xia Y-DNA anywhere between 70-90%.

Anyway, if people want the purest Han Chinese, i think it is the areas in Henan/Shandong/Northern Jiangsu.

Yep, the Northern Chinese has absorbed more Altaic elements into their mt-DNA, whereas the Southern Chinese has absorbed more Yue elements into their mt-DNA.

Generally speaking, all Chinese populations have the Hua Xia Y-DNA anywhere between 70-90%.

Yep, China is the most homogeneous country in the world with respect to the male contribution to DNA not female. Male Y-chromosomal markers are what makes you Chinese.

Anyway, if people want the purest Han Chinese, i think it is the areas in Henan/Shandong/Northern Jiangsu.

Yeah from what I've gathered that area is the cradle of Chinese civilization but I'd be wary about saying "pure" han or whatever. Migrations over the year really means that the people living there now may not be the people who were originally from there thousands of years ago.

Also I don't think there is such a thing as "pure" han.

they all look the same to me.

It is harder for outsiders to tell.

For example if you showed me a picture of a European person, I wouldn't know if they were German/Polish/Eastern European/Russian etc.

That's going a little too far. That said, I'll never ever buy a Hyundai.

That's strange. My wife drives a Hyundai, and has driven it for over four years, with no trouble at all, and lots of fun. Our other cars were Ford, which she drove most of the time, and Fiat, which only I drove (I was not at home for that assignment, and this was my car at that other place). In Calcutta, my father has a Suzuki. With that scale of comparison, she's happy with the Hyundai (a Santro).

Sometimes yes. Though I'm not that good at recognizing the difference.

Which is why I didn't list Western Europeans up there.

The genetic distance between Eastern Europeans and Western Europeans is pretty much as the genetic distance between Chinese and Vietnamese.

That's strange. My wife drives a Hyundai, and has driven it for over four years, with no trouble at all, and lots of fun. Our other cars were Ford, which she drove most of the time, and Fiat, which only I drove (I was not at home for that assignment, and this was my car at that other place). In Calcutta, my father has a Suzuki. With that scale of comparison, she's happy with the Hyundai (a Santro).

The Koreans cars by most indicators still lag behind Japanese cars in reliability and safety.

The Koreans cars by most indicators still lag behind Japanese cars in reliability and safety.

I'm sure you're right, but in our building, with Toyota, Honda, Suzuki and Nissan to choose from, most people have bought Hyundai. When Daewoo was available, it was a sell-out; both the ancient Cielo and the nifty little Matiz, which became a cult car, sold in large numbers. It's the corporate types who go for the Toyota and the Honda; people buy Suzuki for home use.

Back
Top Bottom