• Undergraduate student

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Graduate and working

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Post graduate Studies

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
Middle School drop out....
Started again after a break --Later on completed my graduation Btech - Electronics and communication from DCE
Current - MBA general management completed, MBA- Corporate Strategy & Finance - on going
Profession - Farmer and working for telecom MNC

It depends on the country really.

In Australia there is loads of people doing IT courses and Engineering courses at University and when they finish, they find themselves with no job or a job earning a small amount. This is due to large amounts of people being educated for an industry that isn't doing well.

However, people with only a high school education are doing extremely well. For example, a cleaner or a cook can earn up to $100,000 USD in the mining industry and this isn't a couple of lucky people who were in the right place at the right time. Theres plenty of these jobs around.

My job currently is to supervise people packing things into boxes at a factory, i earnt $80,000 USD last year. My friend who has a Masters Degree in Information Technology was unemployed for a year after graduation and is currently in a job where he earns on $45,000 USD a year.

University Education isn't everything and won't make you succeed unless the job market in your country is right. India is a good example of a country that takes all the university educated people they can get due to their development.

Going through job boards - Australia seems flooded with jobs in IT, I'm working in IT in a country that has zero to no IT industry :P.

I keep getting calls from Indian recruiters though and it feels like India truly has some kickass IT jobs. As soon as I mention I'm a Pakistani they go like "aah yeah ok bye".

My advice to people will be to stay out of the IT field for the next 10-20 years. Its truly not a rewarding field. You can be the smartest guy in a crowded room, but everyone will just look at you like a handy-man.

Pretty sure handy-men are making a killing in western economies too.

Engineer in training.

BEng Electrical and Electronics, already completed a minor in Physics.

One more year to bust out that degree!

Love Physics!

I have a BSc. from Assumption University of Thailand.

Now doing MBA here + job.

Plan to do an MSc. abroad after :D

It depends on the country really.

In Australia there is loads of people doing IT courses and Engineering courses at University and when they finish, they find themselves with no job or a job earning a small amount. This is due to large amounts of people being educated for an industry that isn't doing well.

However, people with only a high school education are doing extremely well. For example, a cleaner or a cook can earn up to $100,000 USD in the mining industry and this isn't a couple of lucky people who were in the right place at the right time. Theres plenty of these jobs around.

My job currently is to supervise people packing things into boxes at a factory, i earnt $80,000 USD last year. My friend who has a Masters Degree in Information Technology was unemployed for a year after graduation and is currently in a job where he earns on $45,000 USD a year.

University Education isn't everything and won't make you succeed unless the job market in your country is right. India is a good example of a country that takes all the university educated people they can get due to their development.
Wonder if i can get such a good pay out here in India . Fcukin IT industry , they almost eat our brains .

Back
Top Bottom