Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Undergraduate student

Votes: 24 26.4%
  • Graduate and working

Votes: 22 24.2%
  • Post graduate Studies

Votes: 33 36.3%

• Total voters
Was doing BBA but got expelled from my university :P Now I'm doing Bachelors in TV/Film Studies.

me? I have three PhD in Mechanical Engineering from MIT, a PhD in Physics from Columbia, and a PhD in BS-ing from Harvard

Don't ask me why, because a degree is degree whether it's real or fake ;)

me? I have three PhD in Mechanical Engineering from MIT, a PhD in Physics from Columbia, and a PhD in BS-ing from Harvard

Don't ask me why, because a degree is degree whether it's real or fake ;)

PhD in BS-ing???

I'm just curious, what kind of Physics did you study for your PhD? Like Astrophysics, Particle Physics, Nuclear Physics, Engineering Physics etc.

My thesis was in experimental solid state. I did optical experiments on gallium arsenide single crystals. I fit my experimental data to a numerical theory of the band structure of GaAs, thereby extracting the effective masses of electrons and holes along two different axes in the GaAs crystal. Essentially, the "customer" for my experimental results were solid state band theorists wanting to verify or refine their models of electron behavior in semiconductors. I also made more refined measurements on germanium that had been addressed by a graduate student's thesis before mine (same thesis advisor) but my thesis was on gallium arsenide. I improved the experiment over the way it was done by the earlier graduate student and had to face some unique problems in preparing gallium arsenide samples properly for the experiment. I ended up having to develop a chemical electropolishing procedure in order to obtain damage free gallium arsenide surfaces which I probed with reflected light from a spectrophotometer. This was back in the late '60's, early 70's, so gallium arsenide crystals were somewhat exotic then.

My thesis was in experimental solid state. I did optical experiments on gallium arsenide single crystals. I fit my experimental data to a numerical theory of the band structure of GaAs, thereby extracting the effective masses of electrons and holes along two different axes in the GaAs crystal. Essentially, the "customer" for my experimental results were solid state band theorists wanting to verify or refine their models of electron behavior in semiconductors. I also made more refined measurements on germanium that had been addressed by a graduate student's thesis before mine (same thesis advisor) but my thesis was on gallium arsenide. I improved the experiment over the way it was done by the earlier graduate student and had to face some unique problems in preparing gallium arsenide samples properly for the experiment. I ended up having to develop a chemical electropolishing procedure in order to obtain damage free gallium arsenide surfaces which I probed with reflected light from a spectrophotometer. This was back in the late '60's, early 70's, so gallium arsenide crystals were somewhat exotic then.

you are granddad of this forum, should be in the think tank

Just graduated from University of Toronto majoring in Bachelors of Political Science. Currently waiting for my law school acceptance and doing an intern at an investment banking firm. Also do minor work for a telecommunications firm in Bangladesh which i am a part owner of.

12 voters are still doing their schooling, which is a breach of the terms and conditions of the forum.
A member must be above 18 to post.

Shouldn't the forum start getting strict on the basic rules?

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom