What's new

What is the way forward for Pakistan from here

Status
Not open for further replies.

AAtish

Reaction score
All of those who are talking about failure of Afridi as a captain or as a batsman should remember.. team is not composed of ONLY Afridi.. he did his best in bowling.. and he is playing as a bowler!.. thats it.. expecting him to get you a good spell and then make runs also is asking too much.. Give the guy a break.. He is a good bowler and a smart Captain..

Whats the way forward from here for Pakistani team?

Get rid of Misbah, Younis and Kamran Akmal.. if Umer Akmal has a problem with his brother getting out of side then let him join Kamran.. Its PAKISTAN's NATIONAL TEAM..

I do not believe that Pakistan is running short of quality players now.. we have a massive pool of possible greats.. all we need to do is to search for them and polish them properly..

Keep Shahid Afridi as a captain for all the formats of games, an attacking captain is what is required.. He reminded me of Imran Khan with his timely changes and situation reading capabilitites..

We only need two allrounders.. Shahid Afridi and Hafeez are more than enough.. rest get Batsmen who can bat with calm heads.. Asad Shafiq is a great find.. keep him on No. 3..

Try to find an opener who is left handed.. it is a good tactic to start the innings with right and left handed batsmen as they can make the bowlers unsettle due to right and left combination in the beginning..

Make Hafeez understand that 50 is also a NORMAL score it is not HALF CENTURY its 50 runs only.. so there is no need to lose your mind on it.. Also let him know that though playing your natural cricket is the best thing to do but sometimes you need to gear down a bit depending upon situation..

Get the old goats out of the side and bring in some new talent.. for the 2nd down.. get someone with cool head and a good pool of cricketing shots.. someone who can rotate the strike..

The 5th position should be given to Umer Akmal (if he wants to play without his brother.. if not get someone else.. simple) he is a gem.. teach him how to remain calm under pressure.. he can be a great batsman along with hafeez.. they are both explosive, and have a huge pool of shots under their belts.. all they need to do is keep a calm head..

Shahid afridi should occupy the 6th position.. A captain who can bat should not go below this position as that gives a negative impression to the rest of the team mates..

7th Position should be for the wicket keeper/batsman.. A person who is wicket keeper 80% and 20% batsman.. making runs is a batsman's job on the top.. a keeper should be SPECIFICALLY there to Keep!!!!! if he fails with the bat.. it should be OK.. but if he fails to keep properly.. Kick him out!.. simple as that!

Now the bowlers.. Umer Gul is good enough.. Wahab Riaz showed promise under pressure.. groom them more.. Aggression is the key to fast bowling.. no need to calm down and play nice.. rub it IN when you are on field.. Pakistan has a lot of talent in this department i am sure they can find even better bowlers if they try!

Give Abdul Razzaq golden shake hand.. he is done with his services to PAKISTAN NATIONAL TEAM.. now its time to bring in another Bowler.. I haven't seen Junaid bowl so i do not have a clue what he can do.. but i know one thing.. we need a seam bowler.. with a speed in excess of 87/88 mph.. Knowing our bowlers in Pakistan and having played cricket there for 15/16 years.. i know it is not a big ask.. there are plenty of them to choose from..

Saeed Ajmal is a very intelligent spinner.. keep him.. but do not use him in depth overs unnecessarily.. He is a strike bowler.. use him to get rid of or contain middle order.. Shahid Afridi and Hafeez are good enough spinners to support him..

In short.. do not leave any lose end.. no experienced player required out of those two.. no catch dropping KEEPER should be given second chance.. i know a person can go through a bad patch.. but until that bad patch is over.. select someone who is IN FORM!!..

As i said before.. its PAKISTAN's Cricket Team.. they play for the NATION.. if they cannot provide what is required.. they should not be in the team.. simple!!!.. and THAT is professionalism..

These are but just my two cents..

Pakistan is a really good team, reaching the semi finals is no small achievement.

You guys should keep rooting for your team and keep supporting them.

Pakistan is a really good team, reaching the semi finals is no small achievement.

You guys should keep rooting for your team and keep supporting them.

Lol- why you are thinking otherwise?- :D

Misbah should not be kicked out of all forms.

Just like Rahul Dravid,Laxman are still there for the Test team Misbah,Younis should be there in the Test team.

Just like Rahul Dravid,Laxman are still there for the Test team Misbah,Younis should be there in the Test team.

He is already 36- Its time for some young player to take his place-

Its not end of the world, I know its very painful because of that usual India-pak.

Remember last time India was out of the world cup just after 3 matches now we are at final and we will win the world cup.

Same is with pakistan you can bounce back in next world cup..

I would not recommend that.. Test cricket is there to groom cricketers in their game.. we should allow the new comers to play tests also.. so that they understand the benefits of staying on the crease.. As i said before.. its time to "build" and "groom" a team.. we don't need any old timer to play his "mental" games in the team anymore.. one senior (Shahid Afridi) is more than enough to teach them what they require.. along with Waqar, Aqib and Intikhab Alam.. accepted that shahid himself does not follow the slow playing style of cricket.. but he sure knows about it.. moreover, if required a batsman like Saeed Anwar can be appointed as batting coach.. why him?.. cuz he stayed away from all the controversies and politics of his time.. and i for one am sure that he will not be a reason for any kind of split with in the team..

There is a lot of frustration being meted out to many Pak players especially against Misbah, so I thought that..............

Haha!! Dude we are hurt but have not gone insane. We still love them as much as we did before this match.. Chillll!

Its not end of the world, I know its very painful because of that usual India-pak.

Remember last time India was out of the world cup just after 3 matches now we are at final and we will win the world cup.

Same is with pakistan you can bounce back in next world cup..

I have said it in another post on another thread.. it has nothing to do with India Pakistan match.. Teams lose.. Teams win.. but Only those teams excel who learn from their mistakes.. and the reasons for them.. India is playing world cup final because of a well deserved victory.. and so is Srilanka.. best of wishes to both of them.. and i'll enjoy the final cheering for both teams.. who ever plays well should win..

Here i am talking about building up a new team.. leaving out unnecessary elements.. the ones which pulls the team back rather then forwarding it..

I hope both Misbah and Younis did not do it in order to flop the captaincy of Afridi.. that would be a worst case scenario and people of Pakistan will never forget or forgive that..

Hey no worries Pakistani friends...next world cup is in Australia...The last time it was held there...guess who won the world cup..may be u will do better than this time..and again repeat the 1992 performance,,

you guys seriously need allrounders,like razzaq abdur. he is a real gem, and pcb should constantly monitor its player for scandals, spot fixing, match fixing, md. aamer what a talent? but wasted! cheat less and have good team spirit and sportsmanship and play like a unit.

Hey no worries Pakistani friends...next world cup is in Australia...The last time it was held there...guess who won the world cup..may be u will do better than this time..and again repeat the 1992 performance,,

Insha Allah.. for that we have to build from now on with surgical precision..

My suggestions as I gave on another thread.

1 Force Younis and Misbah to retire. We can do a ceremony to give them a "respectable" exit.;)

2 Bring in a genuine Wicket Keeper. If Kamran Akmal would be in the team he would be included as a batsman and not as a Wicket Keeper.

3 Remove Shahid Afridi from the captaincy. He should play as a regular spinner and should come to bat on around 8 or 9 number.

4 Abdul Razzaq should bat at around 5-6 number.

5 Hafeez should come lower down the order. He should be included in the team. He does not have the temperament to bat as an opener.

6 Bring Junaid Khan in the team. The fast bowling dept should be comprised by him along with Umar gul and Wahab Riaz.

7 Give captaincy to a new player. Give him the confidence

8 Appoint a full time batting coach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom